What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO - Resolve iTunes Unknown Error 3194

forgrabz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh and I forgot to mention, before I started I installed iSH**** off of cydia and saved my shsh blobs on there.

hian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help help.. I am currently using 3gs ios 4.3.5. I was trying to restore to 5.0.1 and it appeared error 3194. Then it appeared error 21 when i was trying to restore to 5.0. Anyway, i was able to restore back to 4.3.5. What should i do now?? Please please help because i needs this untethered..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh and I forgot to mention, before I started I installed iSH**** off of cydia and saved my shsh blobs on there.

Before we dive in to try to help, can you please tell us

(1) Exactly what iPad you have, the first or second generation (and if it's WiFi only or has 3G)

(2) What firmware are you running right now (and is it jailbroken on that firmware)

(3) What specific SHSH blobs do you have saved (either from Tiny Umbrella or the iSH*** software)

Once we know that, we can [hopefully] guide you to the right direction.

Thanks.

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Help help.. I am currently using 3gs ios 4.3.5. I was trying to restore to 5.0.1 and it appeared error 3194. Then it appeared error 21 when i was trying to restore to 5.0. Anyway, i was able to restore back to 4.3.5. What should i do now?? Please please help because i needs this untethered..

Hian:

Please see the same questions I just asked forgrabz above. We need a bit more information about your iPad in order to [hopefully] help.

Thanks.

Marilyn

mhkadiwal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For error 3194-
If everthing else is looking ok. check if your computer has any remote monitoring program like teamviewer are running.
Go to device manager and disable/unstall any extra real/virtual lan adaptors.
Teamviewer was creating problem for me. Disabled the teamviewer adaptor and it worked.

IphoneGirlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG! your like a life saver im so happy i though i was gonna like die if my mom found out i messed up my iphone ALREADY! thanks so much!

rjb23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help!?

I have tried all of these steps. I used tiny umbrella, put it into dfu mode. that didn't work.
Then I edited the host file, saved it, and rebooted windows. put into dfu mode. that didn't work.
I'm trying to restore a iPod touch to 5.01 and keep getting the error 3194. please help

rjb23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help!?

I have tried all of these steps. I used tiny umbrella, put it into dfu mode. that didn't work.<br>Then I edited the host file, saved it, and rebooted windows. put into dfu mode. that didn't work.<br>I'm trying to restore a iPod touch to 5.01 and keep getting the error 3194. please help

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
rjb23 said:
I have tried all of these steps. I used tiny umbrella, put it into dfu mode. that didn't work.<br>Then I edited the host file, saved it, and rebooted windows. put into dfu mode. that didn't work.<br>I'm trying to restore a iPod touch to 5.01 and keep getting the error 3194. please help

You cannot restore 5.0.1 to a device using Tiny Umbrella. Saved blobs do not work the same on 5.x firmwares. You would need to build a custom pre-signed firmware using redsn0w or sn0wbreeze, but I am not sure whether that is supported on an iPod Touch, sorry. Have a look at our tutorial on restoring an iPad1 to 5.0.1 with saved blobs. If it is supported on the iPod Touch the process will be the same as that.

sibt88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, just would like to say thankyou this worked. ive been trying to figure out why my ipad wasnt updating from 4.3.5 to 5.1. i tried everything. previously i had jalbroken my ipad when it was on the 4.3.3 or something like that? anyway after i updated it to 4.3.5 i havent been able to update it anymore, but this worked brilliantly!

realshinjae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I was 2-3 days late when tried to update to iOS 5.0.1.
Anyways, tried for 5.0.1 update, failed. Just updated from 3.2 to 4.3.
Well, at least I can manage to use more new apps than before.

Thanks for the guide!

adnaan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perfect Solution....I prefer to edit the host file manually it works 100% but you have to restart itunes and perform restore again. Thanks buddy....salutes you!!!

valourdo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1st you made a perfect work here !!!!

Now to my problem
i hane an ipod touch(MC) 3g 3.1.3
i want to jailbrake it and i download
iPod3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipswand redsn0w_win_0.9.10b1.zip
I try to restore the 5.0.1 with iTunes(i have 10.6.1.7) but error 3194 all the time
I made reboot i use TU i even edit the hosts file but nothing

can anyone help me (maybe i need to download different IPSW!!)

Thank you in advance

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1st you made a perfect work here !!!!

Now to my problem
i hane an ipod touch(MC) 3g 3.1.3
i want to jailbrake it and i download
iPod3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipswand redsn0w_win_0.9.10b1.zip
I try to restore the 5.0.1 with iTunes(i have 10.6.1.7) but error 3194 all the time
I made reboot i use TU i even edit the hosts file but nothing

can anyone help me (maybe i need to download different IPSW!!)

Thank you in advance

The very first question we have to ask is: do you have SHSH blobs for that iOS version 5.0.1? Because without those blobs, you cannot install that iOS. You can only install the current iOS that is being signed by Apple (which is 5.1.1 today) or an iOS for which you have those SHSH blobs.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts