What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO - Resolve iTunes Unknown Error 3194

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

threeosix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Restore or Upgrade? Im currently on 4.2.1. I mean this is my only way to get to 4.3.3 right?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In your case, it'd be both, actually. Follow the steps outlined in the tutorial - using the iOS 4.3.3 IPSW.

First, the iPad will be restored to iOS 4.3.3 stock. Then, you can navigate via Safari on your iPad to JailbreakMe 3.0 and jailbreak it (two easy button presses!). Done.

You'll be upgraded and jailbroke.

Marilyn

sbursik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a little tip too. I'm posting here because its the 1st in the list from Google for error 3194. If you have vmware workstaion installed you can get 3194 even if you dont have the hosts entry!!!!! If you do have vmware workstation installed or if you have multiple network adapters on your machine, disable them in Device Manager before you try. Worked for me. So the combination of hosts and disabling any other network adapters should do it. Tested and verified on 3 machines.

pingupink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Previously my iPad2 is running on iOS 4.3.1. I want to jailbreak it using jailbreakme. So, I try to upgrade my firmware to 4.3.3.

When I read tutorial, it says that make sure to save SHSH Blobs first. Then, I downloaded tinyumbrella-5.00.10 and save SHSH.

After that, I go to iTunes and hold "Shift" and click Restore and click iPad2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw. Unfortunately, I got this response "iPad could not be restored. Error 3194".

Then, I read your thread. I follow your instruction UNTICK the option which says "Set hosts to Cydia on exit". Tried to restore but got same result.

Then, I put this iPad into DFU mode. Try again and failed too.

I have reboot my computer but result still the same.

This is screenshot for my TU.
e2579.jpg

This is screenshot for my C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

75e80.jpg

BTW, I'm running on Windows XP. Please help me.

pingupink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
general tab of TU

72148.jpg

screenshot for host

a6f25.jpg

I tried to delete the 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com or 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com. but I can't save after that. I tried to drag to desktop and edit. but also cannot save.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. You don't have 4.3.3. Sorry. There is NO way for you do downgrade. Ever.
You will never be able to save them either. Just remember to save your blobs every now and then.

pingupink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but before this I'm using iOS 4.3.1....I thought I have save this blobs.

andrewhtf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pingu,

from your screensot, it's obvious that you DON'T HAVE the SHSH for 4.3.3. In fact, with the exception of 4.3.5, you dont have any for 4.3 series either. So, whatever you do or change, your attempt to update/restore WILL FAIL and presented with error pop-up. I'm sorry but your JB journey ends.

Stick with 4.3.5 until iOS5 is released then.

but before this I'm using iOS 4.3.1....I thought I have save this blobs.

HOW did you save your 4.3.1 SHSH? using what tool?

Last edited:

Ptero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm SOL on this one but I'll run it by you guys just in case.

I got a new sealed in box Ipad 1 /w iOS 3.2.1. I connected it to itunes and synced it to my PC but when asked to update, said no.

I went straight to jailbreakme.com and completed the jailbreak. Got Cydia and proceeded from there.

Seeing as how I am running iOS 3.2.1, some apps would not work and I needed to update. So I tried the method of shift clicking restore to update to iOS 4.3.3 but got the Unknown error 3194. Reading into it a bit more, I got TinyUmbrella and saved my blobs. Cydia only shows SHSH: iOS 4.3.5 (unsure how as I'm only running 3.2.1) and TinyUmbrella has saved SHSHs 4.3.5, 5.0b1, 5.0b2, 5.0b3, 5.0b4, 5.0b5.

How would TinyUmbrella not have 3.2.1 as that's currently what's installed on the ipad? Same with Cydia, how does it ONLY have 4.3.5?

Again, I feel as thought I am unable to update at this point unless I got to 4.3.5 unless someone else has an idea.

Last edited:

daithilacha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No SHSH blobs

Hello,

New to the forum...

Can you please confirm if I have just recently purchased an Apple device (Iphone, Ipad) which is at version 4.3.5 and never had one connected to my laptop before I will have no SHSH blobs on my computer?

Because I have no SHSH blobs for earlier versions on my laptop does that mean I cannot jailbreak my Apple device because I cannot restore my phone to an earlier version regardless of what version I need to restore to?

If I have an .ipsw file that will allow me to jailbreak my phone cannot I not just run it with redSn0w and skip the restore bit?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts