What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Restore your iPad using TinyUmbrella and SHSH Blobs

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@f480y and all:

Hello, I followed the tutorial but I have the error 11 when I want to restore my i-pad via iTunes.
I'm out of idea on how to restore and my I-pad constantly appear "connect to iTunes" page (my i-pad started like this when I reboot my I-pad after change Mac address using mobile terminal". I still can switch on and off and I cant access the stuffs inside my I-pad.
I'm using the new I-pad and I would like to restore to iPad3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore. I'm using wifi model only.
The TU is the latest version which is compactible with ios 6.

Anyone, pls. Need help.

Trying to change the mac address of your iPad is a very very bad idea. There is no good reason to try and do it. Also, this is not the right tutorial for you to use to try and repair it.

IF you happen to have saved SHSH Blobs for 5.1.1 and your iPad3 did not have it's current OS installed in the factory or over the air, then you can use my tutorial here to restore it to 5.1.1 - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...5-x-ipad2-ipad3-using-redsn0w-shsh-blobs.html. That is the only possible way to get 5.1.1 re-restored, so if you do not meet the pre-requisites laid out in the tutorial, you are out of luck as regards 5.1.1

Your only other option if you cannot do that is to restore to 6.0.1 without a jailbreak for the time being using this tutorial here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Good luck.

tt123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The only choice for me now is restore to ios 6.
Do you know how to downgrade ios 6 to ios 5.1.1 ( I didn't save the SHSH blob).
I'm having problem to turn on wifi also and when the jail-break for ios 6 will out?

Ipaduser27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a new ipad users and I would like to know, is ether anything I can do to keep my iPaf from going break?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The only choice for me now is restore to ios 6.
Do you know how to downgrade ios 6 to ios 5.1.1 ( I didn't save the SHSH blob).
I'm having problem to turn on wifi also and when the jail-break for ios 6 will out?

Unfortunately, once an iPad3 is on iOS 6, there is no way, currently, to downgrade back to iOS 5.1.1. This is even if you have SHSH blobs.

There is no news, yet, on a jail break for iOS 6. Please, keep an eye on this thread for the latest news: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=89458

Marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's try this again: As of this writing (and as of the post I wrote just before yours) - there is NO jail break for any iPad on iOS 6. None. Again, please follow/subscribe to the link I provided to keep up-to-date on iOS 6 jail break news.

For your WiFi issue, please give more specific details as to what is, or is not, happening when you try to turn on your WiFi. Thanks.

Marilyn

Most reactions