What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO - Save your SHSH Blobs with TinyUmbrella

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to save 6.1.3 ssh with TU but i can not see the 6.1.3 ssh either the 6.1.2 ssh.

I am running 6.1.2 JB with evasion. Normally i can see in Cydia all ssh but at the moment i can see only to 6.1.2 but i can not see 6.1.3 ssh.

Any help?

EDIT:

I think it is becouse evasion is blocking OTA update and if it is so maybe it is interferring with the downlaod of the new blobs.

Is there a way i can unlock OTA update so the ipad will take the ssh?

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to save 6.1.3 ssh with TU but i can not see the 6.1.3 ssh either the 6.1.2 ssh.

I am running 6.1.2 JB with evasion. Normally i can see in Cydia all ssh but at the moment i can see only to 6.1.2 but i can not see 6.1.3 ssh.

Any help?

EDIT:

I think it is becouse evasion is blocking OTA update and if it is so maybe it is interferring with the downlaod of the new blobs.

Is there a way i can unlock OTA update so the ipad will take the ssh?

It has nothing to do with OTA updates. Blobs come directly from Apple and do not even require a physical device to retrieve them.

The problem is that TU requires an update from the developer whenever there is new release of IOS. Since 6.1.3 has been out less than 24 hours at this point, it hasn't happened yet. It has taken anywhere from days to months for an update to arrive in the past, but semaphore has already tweeted he will release it soon. I would expect it in the next day or so.

Cydia too works on a queueing system. You will get 6.1.3 blobs saved by it when it is good and ready to do so. You need to have patience.

6.1.3 blobs are currently worthless and will likely remain so, as it seems quite unlikely that a new jailbreak will be released specifically to support that version only. You will have plenty of time to save them in the fullness of time. Don't panic!

If you really must have them right now, use redsn0w, which will work if you provide it with the appropriate 6.1.3 IPSW file for your device.

Good luck.

Last edited:

omiez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I think I was a little bit too early like you told.

Sent from my iPad 64Gb JB 6.1.2 using iPF

Jaake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad 4 64gb running jailbroken iOS 6.1.2. Lets say I wanna do a clean 6.1.2 install followed by jailbrake, would it be possible to do so with 6.1.3 release, considering I've got previously saved SHSH? If answer is positive, please point me at How-to or something :)

Appreciate!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No.

You cannot re-install iOS 6.1.2 on that iPad. If you were to do a restore - the only iOS you can put on that iPad now is iOS 6.1.3. This is even though you have the SHSH blobs for iOS 6.1.2. The jail break community hasn't figured out a way to use those SHSH blobs, but we save them just in case.

And, as you know - iOS 6.1.3 is not jail broken (and probably won't be).

Bottom line: There is no longer a possibility of doing a "clean install" of iOS 6.1.2. So, protect that iPad that's running iOS 6.1.2. You cannot go up any higher iOS and expect to jail break it.

Marilyn

Ncc74656

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tu is not saving my shsh blobs for 7.0.3. It doesn't even appear to be trying to request them. Any ideas?

Right now I have no shsh blobs at all. Just got this ipad and want to save the current ones just in case.

Ncc74656

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tu is not saving my shsh blobs for 7.0.3. It doesn't even appear to be trying to request them. Any ideas?

Right now I have no shsh blobs at all. Just got this ipad and want to save the current ones just in case.

iFaith seems to have been able to save them.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The problem with iOS 7 is that Apple's almost fully transitioned to using strictly APTickets, which highly disfavors custom restoring procedures. As always you should be saving blobs for each iOS release for a rainy day if the method and day ever comes that you can and need to use them, but the likelihood of them being useful is infinitesimally small at this stage of the game.

gobbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is iFaith the best tool to save the current ios 7 blobs?
How can I check if my ios 6 blobs I saved are valid? Which program should I use to see if they are valid?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is iFaith the best tool to save the current ios 7 blobs?
How can I check if my ios 6 blobs I saved are valid? Which program should I use to see if they are valid?

IFaith only work for the iPad1 and the iPad2. For those who own newer iPads, use the program Tiny Umbrella. It's kept the most up-to-date.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts