What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO - Save your SHSH Blobs with TinyUmbrella

AngryLTE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If iTunes sees your device and TU does not then this indicates the problem is with your PC. TU uses the same mechanism as iTunes to connect to your device so it is very unusual for one to see the device and the other to not. Are you running TU as an Administrator account?

Also, don't let this keep you from jailbreaking. Once you jailbreak and start Cydia, your blobs will be automatically saved for 5.1.1 on Cydia's servers. After that, you can worry about getting TU working.

Yes, running as administrator. Tried again just t make sure. Same issue - iPad 3 doesn't show up in device list on left.
Thanks for the advice to go ahead and JB

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I am having the same problem as AngryLTE under Windows 7 x64. I rebooted my computer shut down my software firewall, Comodo and TU 5.11.01 does not see my iPad2 5.1.1 yet iTunes does. Ran TU as admin same thing

AngryLTE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I am having the same problem as AngryLTE under Windows 7 x64. I rebooted my computer shut down my software firewall, Comodo and TU 5.11.01 does not see my iPad2 5.1.1 yet iTunes does. Ran TU as admin same thing

For the record (and consistency) I am also x64 in Win 7. I did leave that part out last time.

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Angry LTE what version of Java are you running. I just upgraded to Java7 Update4 and Add/Remove also shows JavaFX 2.1.0 installed.

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried copying the SQLite3.dll from the Apple subdirectory over to the directory where TU is installed and no diifference. I am seeing the following line in the TU log file... TinyUmbrella[INFO|AWT-EventQueue-0|8:55:00]: Trying to enable TSS... Tried using a new folder on the desktop where TinyUmbrella and SQLite3.dll and now get the following error. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Java 7 update 4 and no difference.

See attached umbrella log file

Attachments

• umbrellalog.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,490
Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What anti-virus are you using guys? I would put money on whatever product it is, is blocking TU's access to the system. If your hosts file is being protected (as most AV products do on Windows) then TU just wont work properly. The only way to resolve it is to shut down the offending utilities.

Java is NOT likely to be the problem IMHO.

AngryLTE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What anti-virus are you using guys? I would put money on whatever product it is, is blocking TU's access to the system. If your hosts file is being protected (as most AV products do on Windows) then TU just wont work properly. The only way to resolve it is to shut down the offending utilities.

I am using ESET. I thought I disabled the ESET AV, but could be wrong. Will try it again right now and report.

AngryLTE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using ESET. I thought I disabled the ESET AV, but could be wrong. Will try it again right now and report.

ESET disabled and no difference. Took a screenshot and reduced it, but vBulliten said my post was too long. Basically nothing shows up in the fields in the center nor in the left column list where the device is supposed to be listed.

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday I had tried disabling the antivirus and that made no difference. I checked the Hosts file and it is writable. I tried a bunch of things including installing both 32 and 64 bit java but nothing seemed to work. Then this morning I tried it again and TU works fine. I was able to to save the info.

I currently do not have Java 64 bit installed. I also noticed yesterday that if you right mouse click on the TU exe and look at the bottom of the Properties tab it showed "This file came from another computer..". I clicked on the unlock box but that did not make any difference. This morning I did take an update to MS Windows Defender and I am wondering if that was the problem. I also rebooted the computer as well.

Only thing is that now it is showing two iPads under the connected devices list even though the s/n are identical.

I too am using Eset but it was running this morning when TU worked finally.

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Angry LTE try disabling windows defender which is hidden but still runs in Windows7. MS has an article on how to disable it.

• Open Windows Defender by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_47.png
    , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Defender.
  • Click Tools, and then click Options.
  • Under Administrator options, select or clear the Use Windows Defender check box, and then click Save.
    18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_41.png
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

AngryLTE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried the unblock in permissions and no Windows Defender update is available to me. Defender has a 6/11 date on it, so it looks like it updated it's definitions yesterday. Still no change in TU performance.

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AngryLTE I assume that you have rebooted the computer as well. Did u try disabling Windows Defender?

AngryLTE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have rebooted and just now I stopped the WIndows Defender service (and stopped ESET AV) and tried again. No change.

sirmaq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem.. ;/
I've tried launch tinyumbrella on 6 PC's (win7 and win vista, 64 and 32). I have completely no idea what is wrong...

I've tried copy SQLlite3.dll, disable defender, reinstall java and iTunes (java se7u5, iTunes 10.6.3)... all for nothing. On 6 PC's? No kidding ;/

And my question is - do I really need save my SHSH blob just before I apply Absinthe jailbreak? What for?

Thanks for help.

Most reactions