What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you going to upgrade your iPad2 to 501 BEFORE the new JB comes out?

Are you going to upgrade your iPad2 to 501 BEFORE the new JB comes out?

• No, I'm hoping to catch the 501 upgrade window if Apple release 51/502 before the JB!

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Yes, I've already done it - I miss my JB :(

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Yes, I'm planning to, just not yet.

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Kenilik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question for Jailbreakers on iPad2.

If you answered "No" may I suggest you use f4780y's excellent sticky and download 501 before you need it... I'm guessing Apple's servers will go into meltdown if they get 51/502 out the door before the JB is released.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Pinmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for raising this. I am still on 4.3.5 as my computer has been overheating for some time and I'm taking it in today to get it fixed hopefully. Couldn't trut it to stay on during the upgrade. Should I download 501 - is it OK to go straight to 501 or do I have to download 500 as well?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your question is moot. As Apple has stopped signing iOS version 5.0, you'll need to download and [eventually] install iOS 5.0.1. And, for future reference, you don't have to "stair step" up versions - you can go directly to the newest version.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts