What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8.x Jailbreak Status

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of software and electronics - where no one really knows when or where a jailbreak will appear or be possible! :)

Yes, there was no jailbreak for iOS 8.1.3. But, now there's one for the most current iOS, so many folk are happy. Me, I'm now waiting for my favorite tweaks to get updated, then I'll move up. For now, I just keep an eye on developments...

Marilyn
Hey mrs. Marilynn , did you ever get your tweaks up to par , I hope so , I did . The ones I use , all is good here I hope yours soon become availabile . Let us know what you think when you do . I value your input thanx [ Alan . ]

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Although the TaiG jailbreak tool is up to version 2.3.1, I'm still waiting on moving up. One of my most favorite tweaks is iKeywi (a fifth row keyboard) and it's not updated ... yet.

So, with no updated iOS on the horizon, I'm still just waiting. Everything is still working fine on iOS 8.1.2, so I can afford to wait.

Course, if I hear of an updated iOS coming, well - all bets are off and I'll move up. Ah, the waiting game of a jailbreaker. :D

Marilyn

Pvanosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed latest TaiG and latest iTunes version. Updated phone to 8.4 after back up. When I close iTunes and launch TaiG, I get an error in TaiG saying it can't find Apple driver and I should install iTunes. Anybody come across this?

Pvanosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NM. Google is your friend. Now I get stuck at 'Injecting' as described above...

Pvanosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just did a forced reboot of the iphone and jailbreak continued after that. Looks ok now.

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strange, I'm stuck at the apple driver not found. Already did a google search and downloaded the exact version every site is recommending. 12.1.2 I believe. It says that users with older hardware run into this problem. I'm pretty sure my newly built i7 5820k with a titan x isn't outdated already so hardware isn't a problem. I did run taig with administrator and hard rebooted the ipad. Any other suggestions?

Edit: Figured it out. Had to download the appledriver file. It's different from itunes. After installing the program detected my device.

Last edited:

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts