What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8.x Jailbreak Status

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
True true sci fan , I have been holding on to my well advised by Mickey 330 and am currently running and have been since day one of the 8.1.2
TiaG (tie g) . And am very pleased with it and have no problems with other than one incident ......so in retrospect, I will not fix what's not broken . Perhaps maybe one day if iOS runs like 15.0.0 or something like . Then it really doesn't matter because we are all using a future
Dead technology with our , I devices.....
Here's some food for thought Sci fan , Mickey , b00bie, ,I'm not sure how old yall are but I'm old enough and still have boxes of 8 tracks and players , and an old 1st seen TV table tennis ,hockey , and pong that was sorta like beta by Atari .... My gang , crew , friends back in the late sixties and early 70s remarked how we were holding and using a dead technology. We knew then . And so from those earliest of these type of gadgets. That was known by me and a few that our world is moving so quick that we can't keep mp up our daily things on a daily sptruggling basis. And it's true ....... Try to use your imagination on some smart really brilliant country boys living on dirt roads Who got their hands on the very first offered of its type CELLPHONE S huhuhaha ....oh boy .
You had to have a backpack to carry the damn thing huhuhaha ....oh me
Any way , um just wanted to chime in from time to time as so I can be involved in the forum and learn from yall today. Thanks

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also tweaks are begining to open close ,open close ....not for me though
A lot of hype around campus..... MIT and u. Mass. Abrupt stalling is the word of choice I believe ones call it . Don't hold me to that but it is what I've heard around here any way apple no longer signing 8.1.2 as of when ? Substrate will fail for cydia ? Yes /no ???? Am good on my devices, .....leave been staring at the same update badge app on my settings icon for a long time now..... I think the iOS 7.0 and the 8.1.2 has been the best ever for apple in non j b but also a success in the j b application. Also I too as b00bie has stated have 2 j b devices .
And 1 very clean only apple non j b .. It's kinda smart actually, ummm
If you can afford it or if you have upgraded to a newer I device .....

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's good MICKEY 330 .its about time
It' is odd to me why there is or was so many issues with 8.1 and then no problems with 8 .1.2 and more issues on a lot of following 8.1.3 etc ,etc....... Not all iOS in 8.+ but a few had some major issues at the time specifically 8.1.3.... ...was there even a jailbreak for 8.1.3 ????

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's good MICKEY 330 .its about time
It' is odd to me why there is or was so many issues with 8.1 and then no problems with 8 .1.2 and more issues on a lot of following 8.1.3 etc ,etc....... Not all iOS in 8.+ but a few had some major issues at the time specifically 8.1.3.... ...was there even a jailbreak for 8.1.3 ????

Welcome to the world of software and electronics - where no one really knows when or where a jailbreak will appear or be possible! :)

Yes, there was no jailbreak for iOS 8.1.3. But, now there's one for the most current iOS, so many folk are happy. Me, I'm now waiting for my favorite tweaks to get updated, then I'll move up. For now, I just keep an eye on developments...

Marilyn

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just for clarification, if we update from 8.1.2 to 8.3 we lose the ability to browse and move files in ifunbox right?

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm posting to give my advice on the best way to jailbreak. My initial attempt to jailbreak with the latest Taig tool failed with a known bug, getting stuck "injecting" at 60%. I forgot that the last few times I tried to jailbreak, it also failed the first time. and the second method worked:

This always works:

1 - Perform an encrypted backup (in order to preserve all passwords) to iTunes. In ITunes, restore the device to factory settings (This will update to the latest IOS if you didn't already do this) Then, apply the jailbreak, then restore the device from the latest backup.

4ever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you dragon499. I tried a dozen times to jailbreak today and got stuck at the "injecting" part each time. Tried your suggestion of factory resetting and then doing the jailbreak. Worked without any problems at all.

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Glad I could help. I screwed up something up and can't figure out what it was. The restore got all my apps back, but didn't restore my folder structure - In the past, the structure was preserved

Was your folder structure preserved?.

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So rumors say 8.4 is coming out in a few days. For those who updated to 8.3 and jailbroke, are you still able to browse the file structure and load roms into it or just move files around outside out itunes?

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can still browse the file structure with either iFile or remotely with putty - That is one of the main reasons I jailbreak.

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can still browse the file structure with either iFile or remotely with putty - That is one of the main reasons I jailbreak.
Thanks, I read somewhere that 8.2 no longer allowed you to browse the device via ifunbox. Guess I can update safely.

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Be careful - I don't use iFunbox and have no idea whether you will break the functionality with an upgrade.

As I stated, I use iFile, and Putty (also Winscp (SSH) to browse the file system.

Most reactions

Latest posts