What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 8.x Jailbreak Status

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
But, now that doesn't matter. I was opening this thread to post that TaiG has released an updated version of their tool - and it jailbreaks iOS 8.1.2.

So, I recommend you go ahead and upgrade to iOS 8.1.2 and jailbreak that.

Just used the new version on an iPhone 6 upgraded to 8.1.2 and it worked flawlessly. Two thumbs up.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Forgot to ask a question -- since the TaiG jailbreak installs the TaiG AFC2 tweak as part of the jailbreak, I assume that means I don't have to/should not install the regular AFC2 tweak as well?

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Correct; you do not have to install the AFC2 tweak.

I've heard that others have uninstalled the TaiG version to not have AFC2 or to install the one created by saurik. I've not tried to mess with AFC2...

Still, the one that comes with TaiG is fine, as far as I know.

Marilyn

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I didn't see this app listed on the list on the first page, but iKeywi 3 is out and works with iOS 8.1.2 for the onboard keyboard. I so love this app. The iKeywi app in the iTunes/Apple Store does NOT work for my iPad Air or my iPad 6+. This one does!

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love the iKeywi tweak keyboard but according to Cydia it is NOT compatible with the iPad And won't allow an install on my pad.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey, b00bie, do a search -- I did NOT say iKeywi tweak. I said iKeywi 3 -- NOT iKeywi or iKeywi 2 or iKeywi HD for iPad. I said iKeywi 3. However, I put it on my iPhone 6+ and iPad Air 2. I just now had a thought and tried to put it on my iPad Air, and it would not install there, giving me the message you got. I haven't tried it on my iPhone 5...maybe get the same message there. So you are right -- and so am I.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My apologies b00bie, I didn't put iKeywi 3 on the iPad...I had installed iKeywi HD, and it works with 8.1.2. Mea culpa.

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No apology necessary, it's all good fun around here. Looking forward to an update for my device (probably iKeywi HD for iPad) can't wait

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 8.1.3 has been released (7.0.3 for AppleTV). This update patches the TaiG and PP exploits for the iOS 8.0 - 8.1.2 jailbreak. Users should install OpenSSH and Apple Conduit File 2 if they haven't already to troubleshoot issues on currently jailbroken devices so not to be forced to the latest unjailbreakable firmware.

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Updated the first post to say that Apple has closed the signing window for iOS 8.1.2.

The only firmware that can now be installed (on a device that supports iOS 8.x) is iOS 8.1.3.

Just be careful with those jailbreaks, people. iOS 8.1.3 does not have a jailbreak tool at this time.

Marilyn

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good morning
TaiG has released a JB for 8.1-8.3 but since no one bothered to tell Saurik, Cydia Substrate is not yet working. So it may be a short while before this will be ready for the rest of us. There is a lot of speculation whether this will work with 8.4 (which is due any day now). Those of you with a watch should be happy and we'll see about Apple Music shorty.

Last edited:

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're on 8.1.2 already is there any reason to update to the 8.3 jailbreak? I read that you can no longer browse the folders in the device via ifunbox so that would remove the ability to put games in it for emulators among other reasons.

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since I am just a rumor monger and not much of an expert, I imagine one of the main reasons to update would be to allow access to the Apple watch (and I believe there were a few security updates). I do not use any emulators nor have I tried ifunbox so you will have to wait for someone who is more familiar with those things to jump in.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Currently, Cydia substrate and MS tweaks are not yet running. It might be better holding off on attempting to jailbreak until a fully functional jailbreak is ready.

A lot of people are having problems getting the jailbreak to download, let alone work.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts