What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirzatarique

iPF Noob
Joined
Oct 22, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
mirzatarique said:
Hi
Thanks for the quick reply i wasnt expecting that soon but too bad i dont see any saved shsh blobs in cydia like i do in my iphone cydia so i guess i can only wait for the osx 6 jailbreak for my next update

Thanks anyways

Tqm

Hi
Once gain now i gave up on updating my ipad 2 (4.3.3.) to 5.1.1. Now am goin for osx 6 but still failing, errors just pop up, i ve put it in dfu mode and tried different pc s so any advice on how to upgrade it to osx6 am not worried about the jailbreak as it will come out some day

Ur help will be highly appreciated


TQM
 

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
17,091
Reaction score
747
Location
Cranbrook, Kent, UK

ipadmp

iPF Noob
Joined
Oct 30, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
hi - if anyone on here can help me it will be much appreciated. I have an ipad2 3G GSM on 4.3.5 and want to jailbreak. Is this possible at all ? I have saved shsh blobs for 5.1 only unfortunately and not for any other ios. Is there any way I can upgrade to 5.1.1 or 5.0.1 versions (which are the only ones that are jailbreakable) with these shsh blobs ? or is there any other way ? many thanks
 

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
31,600
Reaction score
13,461
Location
Regina,Canada
ipadmp said:
hi - if anyone on here can help me it will be much appreciated. I have an ipad2 3G GSM on 4.3.5 and want to jailbreak. Is this possible at all ? I have saved shsh blobs for 5.1 only unfortunately and not for any other ios. Is there any way I can upgrade to 5.1.1 or 5.0.1 versions (which are the only ones that are jailbreakable) with these shsh blobs ? or is there any other way ? many thanks

There is a jailbreak for iOS 4.3.5, but I'm afraid that since you don't have any blobs for any other jailbroken version of iOS, you will have to wait for an iOS 6 jailbreak to be released if you want to jailbreak on any other iOS version.
This is the official iOS 6 jailbreak status thread, keep an eye on it for news of an iOS 6 jailbreak release.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/89458-official-ios6-jailbreak-status-thread.html

You may also want to consider updating your iPad to iOS 6, while you wait.
 
Last edited:

ipadmp

iPF Noob
Joined
Oct 30, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
There is a jailbreak for iOS 4.3.5, but I'm afraid that since you don't have any blobs for any other jailbroken version of iOS, you will have to wait for an iOS 6 jailbreak to be released if you want to jailbreak on any other iOS version.
This is the official iOS 6 jailbreak status thread, keep an eye on it
You may also want to consider updating your iPad to iOS 6, while you wait.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I guess i was unlucky that I had only the 5.1 blobs saved from all the other choices. I actually was unaware that I can jailbreak my existing ipad2 3G GSM on ios 4.3.5 ( i tried the latest version of redsnow but said my ipad is not supported). I did google it a lot but was unable to find a solution as everywhere i read you either had to be on 4.3.3 and / or >5.0. if you don't mind could you please direct me on how to jailbreak 4.3.5 ? this would be an ideal solution as i can use the jailbreak while waiting for an ios6 one to be released. i am actually doing it for a friend so i may not get a chance to implement the ios6 jailbreakfor a whilewhen it is released.

thanks.
 

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
31,600
Reaction score
13,461
Location
Regina,Canada
ipadmp said:
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I guess i was unlucky that I had only the 5.1 blobs saved from all the other choices. I actually was unaware that I can jailbreak my existing ipad2 3G GSM on ios 4.3.5 ( i tried the latest version of redsnow but said my ipad is not supported). I did google it a lot but was unable to find a solution as everywhere i read you either had to be on 4.3.3 and / or >5.0. if you don't mind could you please direct me on how to jailbreak 4.3.5 ? this would be an ideal solution as i can use the jailbreak while waiting for an ios6 one to be released. i am actually doing it for a friend so i may not get a chance to implement the ios6 jailbreakfor a whilewhen it is released.

thanks.

On further study it appears that while the iPad 1 can be jailbroken on iOS 4.3.5, the iPad 2 can't. Read the first post in this thread.
 

pauljwilliams

iPF Noob
Joined
Jan 19, 2012
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
i just jailbreak my ipad 2 on VM also, the wait was killing me, anyways everything is working great, now im happy :)
 

morphnavi

iPF Noob
Joined
Aug 12, 2012
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Hi, I've iPad 2 wifi+3G. I updated it to iOS 6 which I don't like, I want to downgrade but I've only 5.1.1 SHSH blob. Can anyone help me please. I tried wit redsn0w but its not happening please help me :(
 

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
31,600
Reaction score
13,461
Location
Regina,Canada
morphnavi said:
Hi, I've iPad 2 wifi+3G. I updated it to iOS 6 which I don't like, I want to downgrade but I've only 5.1.1 SHSH blob. Can anyone help me please. I tried wit redsn0w but its not happening please help me :(

Unless you also have blobs for any version of iOS 4, you can't downgrade from iOS 6. If you want to jailbreak, you will have to wait for an iOS 6/6.0.1 jailbreak.
 

morphnavi

iPF Noob
Joined
Aug 12, 2012
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
I'm bit confused tat should I upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 or should I wait till any jailbreake for iOS 6 is released. Please help me.
 

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
31,600
Reaction score
13,461
Location
Regina,Canada
morphnavi said:
I'm bit confused tat should I upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 or should I wait till any jailbreake for iOS 6 is released. Please help me.

Unless you really need the bug fixes in iOS 6.1.1, you may be better off waiting on iOS 6 until the jailbreak is announced.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts

Top