What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denny's PANCAKES...

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Oh my god I've never laughed so much. You guys are so funny. I expect all countries have weird food but I will try something first before making a comment. Black pudding anyone

I was on a different forum yesterday, and this person from the UK thought Chicken&Waffles were weird! I mean, it's more of a "deep south" thing, (and something I've never tried) but it doesn't sound half as bad as Haggis or Black Pudding.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You should see faggots, they are just as bad. I thought they were meatballs but they were disgusting and my husband got me to try black pudding and it was only afterwards he told me it was congealed blood sausage. Yugh!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a teacher friend who has tried hedgehog. Sorry, no way, I like them as they are , in the wild. Snake anyone!

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
You should see faggots, they are just as bad. I thought they were meatballs but they were disgusting and my husband got me to try black pudding and it was only afterwards he told me it was congealed blood sausage. Yugh!

Yup, that's why I NEVER let my friends talk me in to eating anything I don't want to. Looks like you learned the hard way!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Although afterwards, he told me he hadn't eaten them for 10 years after finding out what it was made from. Apparently he had it for breakfast when he was a kid. He also had lard on bread. Yugh! Shudders

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Although afterwards, he told me he hadn't eaten them for 10 years after finding out what it was made from. Apparently he had it for breakfast when he was a kid. He also had lard on bread. Yugh! Shudders

I still wonder who the heck came up with this stuff!

I mean, what kind of weirdo one day just comes up with the idea of stuffing sheep organs in a stomach?!
OR
How bout blood sausage anyone?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It probably goes back to the times where everything was eaten or you starved. Although I watched a program on Eskimos and they were eating these birds that they had stuffed in a seal skin for a few months and you could see from their faces that it was disgusting. They still do it because it's tradition or there is no other food to eat.

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
It probably goes back to the times where everything was eaten or you starved. Although I watched a program on Eskimos and they were eating these birds that they had stuffed in a seal skin for a few months and you could see from their faces that it was disgusting. They still do it because it's tradition or there is no other food to eat.

This is true..
I was watching Bizarre Foods on the Travel Channel a couple weeks ago, and people in Alaska bury fish, let it rot, then eat it. (EW!) May be a tradition, but still so gross!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Funny how all societies have questionable foods from days of extreme poverty in the past.
Dog, bird's nest, dried locust, haggis....waste not, want not. Theres even a rat paella somewhere in spain which celebrates an old siege. Perhaps thats why the cat keeps bringing them home.
In Dicken's day oysters were cheap and a working mans food, now they are scarce and a luxury. Still tastes like nose pick with grit while the dried locusts are a bit like cornflakes.......(oops. Keep forgetting I'm a husband)

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Anyone tried eel. I don't even want to!

Nope. (and I don't plan on it!!) My father HAS tried squid though!
He said it tasted like he was eating a rubber band..doesn't sound very satisfying!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh yes! I had that in South Africa and it did taste like rubber. I wasn't sure about crab maybe I need to try it again.

Most reactions

Latest posts