What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, by popular demand from the moderators, I am starting a new foodie thread. We have discussed, Sweet Poisons Denny pancakes, Tim's smelly Bishop cheese and even cooked duck eggs with baby duck inside. So you guys, entertain me with food suggestions!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife buys her favourite cheese, Cheshire, from this company. They are great and she buys a complete Cheshire. It's a great company and very trusting - they send the cheese with a handwritten invoice and then you send them the money. How wonderfully refreshing to find in this world someone who has a faith in human nature. It's a completely farm-based enterprise - the guy who makes the cheese telephones you in person when they're about to deliver it.

Cheshire and Organic Cheese - H S Bourne - Traditional farmhouse and organic Cheshire cheese since 1930

And if you want to buy my Stinking Bishop cheese - it won the competition for the smelliest cheese in the world and is now featured in Wallace and Grommit....

http://www.pongcheese.co.uk/

Tim

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
My wife buys her favourite cheese, Cheshire, from this company. They are great and she buys a complete Cheshire. It's a great company and very trusting - they send the cheese with a handwritten invoice and then you send them the money. How wonderfully refreshing to find in this world someone who has a faith in human nature. It's a completely farm-based enterprise - the guy who makes the cheese telephones you in person when they're about to deliver it.

Cheshire and Organic Cheese - H S Bourne - Traditional farmhouse and organic Cheshire cheese since 1930

Tim

That's what I like to hear personal service from the people who sell it! We try to buy locally as much as money dictates.
I go online for the stuff I like on my hols.

Kieranbowley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.XBLN.net
Curry is mine and my partners favourite food, and pretty much anything Mexican. Fajitas, Buritos, Chilli etc...

If I can reccomend a great book:

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Takeaway-Secret-Cook-Favourite-Fast-food/dp/0716022354/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304339842&sr=8-1[/ame]

We have cooked a lot of these recipes from this book and they are far healthier than their take away counterparts. You also have full control over the ingredients that goes in.

All of the Currys and the Saussage & Egg muffins are amazing.

They were going mad for this on Money Saving Expert before Christmas, we bought 8 more books for Christmas presents off the back of cooking just one recipe. All of our friends and family now swear but this book now. Well worth a look.

Oh and the home made Chicken Doner Kebab too, amazing book!

Damn I'm so hungry now :D

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kieranbowley said:
Curry is mine and my partners favourite food, and pretty much anything Mexican. Fajitas, Buritos, Chilli etc...

If I can reccomend a great book:

Video Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Takeaway-Secret-Cook-Favourite-Fast-food/dp/0716022354/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304339842&sr=8-1

We have cooked a lot of these recipes from this book and they are far healthier than their take away counterparts. You also have full control over the ingredients that goes in.

All of the Currys and the Saussage & Egg muffins are amazing.

They were going mad for this on Money Saving Expert before Christmas, we bought 8 more books for Christmas presents off the back of cooking just one recipe. All of our friends and family now swear but this book now. Well worth a look.

Oh and the home made Chicken Doner Kebab too, amazing book!

Damn I'm so hungry now :D

Yes, you are making me hungry too. I am a big fan of curry, I make my own too, a recipe my mother had from South Africa! I must come from spicy stock. My hubby will eat it but much prefers anything fried. I used to eat banana fritters which scrumdidliumptious. I like Chinese but they can be a bit too oily for my taste. I will definitely look into this book though. I am a big fan of Money Saving Expert, I get emails from them and it also got me my Tesco/O2 iPhone contract as well. The slippery slope to apple products I'm afraid!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cook a mean vegetarian curry - vindaloo has nothing on mine - a glass of wine or ice-cold Indian lager ---- with each serving...

Before I was a vegetarian (therein lies another story) I used to frequent the curry restaurant in Union Street, Aberdeen that claimed it served the hottest vindaloo in Scotland...

By the way, Marie, why are there so few Indian restaurants in California? You can't move for Chinese, Mexican - or even French - restaurants but Indian restaurants are few and far between.

Tim

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I cook a mean vegetarian curry - vindaloo has nothing on mine - a glass of wine or ice-cold Indian lager ---- with each serving...

Before I was a vegetarian (therein lies another story) I used to frequent the curry restaurant in Union Street, Aberdeen that claimed it served the hottest vindaloo in Scotland...

By the way, Marie, why are there so few Indian restaurants in California? You can't move for Chinese, Mexican - or even French - restaurants but Indian restaurants are few and far between.

Tim

I make sure I have something dairy after each meal because this is the only thing that calms that spice! But yes, a cold glass of wine can't be beaten. I'd love your recipe Tim, it certainly sounds delicious.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim

Not really, Tim. I see them now and again! We will have to go when you come to Cali!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love good foods, but only have time for fast food. Worse, I am married to a woman that makes great candies and cakes, but I am diabetic, so that is a no go. Other than sugar laden treats, her cooking is just hamburgers, salmon patties, and macroni and cheese. She would live on 'senior' meals that she gets from a local church, if she could. (they are just inexpensive generic TV dinners that you buy in boxes of ten) Meanwhile, I am a meat and potatoes type person. For every TV dinner she has, I have a beef or pork cut in the freezer. I go through the meat section at Walmart and get the aged cuts for 30% off. So for less than $8, I can have a T-bone, Porterhouse, or sirloin for supper.

And I like to experiment with new recipes. My latest is some attempts at a quick and easy chicken noodle soup with carrots and celery. My deviled eggs and cheese ball are always in big demand at gatherings. The big problem is that it is hard to cook most items when I am the only one to eat it. I would prefer to eat out more frequently, but there are those dang TV dinners she is content with.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love good foods, but only have time for fast food. Worse, I am married to a woman that makes great candies and cakes, but I am diabetic, so that is a no go. Other than sugar laden treats, her cooking is just hamburgers, salmon patties, and macroni and cheese. She would live on 'senior' meals that she gets from a local church, if she could. (they are just inexpensive generic TV dinners that you buy in boxes of ten) Meanwhile, I am a meat and potatoes type person. For every TV dinner she has, I have a beef or pork cut in the freezer. I go through the meat section at Walmart and get the aged cuts for 30% off. So for less than $8, I can have a T-bone, Porterhouse, or sirloin for supper.

And I like to experiment with new recipes. My latest is some attempts at a quick and easy chicken noodle soup with carrots and celery. My deviled eggs and cheese ball are always in big demand at gatherings. The big problem is that it is hard to cook most items when I am the only one to eat it. I would prefer to eat out more frequently, but there are those dang TV dinners she is content with.

My kids saw this - I'm a veggie but my kids are decidedly not - they asked if you'd send the recipe for the deviled eggs and cheese ball...

Tim

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seadog said:

Oh so true, I love all meals that involve melted cheese, lasagne, pizza, macaroni cheese ( now i am hungry all over again), cheese on toast etc... But my hubby hates melted cheese and only gives these meals to me under duress. He loves cooking, thank god and yes, I am blessed. I love my meat too with loads of veg so we have to eat different meals occasionally but luckily not diabetic yet! I have friends who have developed diabetes 2 so I hope never to develop it.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
My kids saw this - I'm a veggie but my kids are decidedly not - they asked if you'd send the recipe for the deviled eggs and cheese ball...

Tim

I used to go on courses to a place in Hertfordshire I think, a big country house owned the Motor Industry something or other......and the devilled eggs at breakfast, I could eat an entire serving dish full on my own, they were something special!

The Archangel

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I second this application for the devilled eggs recipe, please. We have 30 chickens so any new recipes involving eggs would be great.

Most reactions

Latest posts