Food anyone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hayles66, May 2, 2011.

1. Hayles66

Hayles66
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Okay, by popular demand from the moderators, I am starting a new foodie thread. We have discussed, Sweet Poisons Denny pancakes, Tim's smelly Bishop cheese and even cooked duck eggs with baby duck inside. So you guys, entertain me with food suggestions!

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    My wife buys her favourite cheese, Cheshire, from this company. They are great and she buys a complete Cheshire. It's a great company and very trusting - they send the cheese with a handwritten invoice and then you send them the money. How wonderfully refreshing to find in this world someone who has a faith in human nature. It's a completely farm-based enterprise - the guy who makes the cheese telephones you in person when they're about to deliver it.

Cheshire and Organic Cheese - H S Bourne - Traditional farmhouse and organic Cheshire cheese since 1930

And if you want to buy my Stinking Bishop cheese - it won the competition for the smelliest cheese in the world and is now featured in Wallace and Grommit....

http://www.pongcheese.co.uk/

Tim

3. Hayles66

Hayles66
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    That's what I like to hear personal service from the people who sell it! We try to buy locally as much as money dictates.
    I go online for the stuff I like on my hols.

4. Kieranbowley

Kieranbowley
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Curry is mine and my partners favourite food, and pretty much anything Mexican. Fajitas, Buritos, Chilli etc...

If I can reccomend a great book:

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Takeaway-Secret-Cook-Favourite-Fast-food/dp/0716022354/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304339842&sr=8-1[/ame]

We have cooked a lot of these recipes from this book and they are far healthier than their take away counterparts. You also have full control over the ingredients that goes in.

All of the Currys and the Saussage & Egg muffins are amazing.

They were going mad for this on Money Saving Expert before Christmas, we bought 8 more books for Christmas presents off the back of cooking just one recipe. All of our friends and family now swear but this book now. Well worth a look.

Oh and the home made Chicken Doner Kebab too, amazing book!

Damn I'm so hungry now :D

5. Hayles66

Hayles66
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Yes, you are making me hungry too. I am a big fan of curry, I make my own too, a recipe my mother had from South Africa! I must come from spicy stock. My hubby will eat it but much prefers anything fried. I used to eat banana fritters which scrumdidliumptious. I like Chinese but they can be a bit too oily for my taste. I will definitely look into this book though. I am a big fan of Money Saving Expert, I get emails from them and it also got me my Tesco/O2 iPhone contract as well. The slippery slope to apple products I'm afraid!

6. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I cook a mean vegetarian curry - vindaloo has nothing on mine - a glass of wine or ice-cold Indian lager ---- with each serving...

Before I was a vegetarian (therein lies another story) I used to frequent the curry restaurant in Union Street, Aberdeen that claimed it served the hottest vindaloo in Scotland...

By the way, Marie, why are there so few Indian restaurants in California? You can't move for Chinese, Mexican - or even French - restaurants but Indian restaurants are few and far between.

Tim

7. Hayles66

Hayles66
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    I make sure I have something dairy after each meal because this is the only thing that calms that spice! But yes, a cold glass of wine can't be beaten. I'd love your recipe Tim, it certainly sounds delicious.

8. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I'm eating my pizza. Leave me alone.:D

9. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:

Not really, Tim. I see them now and again! We will have to go when you come to Cali!

10. Hayles66

Hayles66
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    What is your favourite pizza?