What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Denny's PANCAKES...

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh Tim noooo! USA is taking us over. We've got to save fish and chips and all the other British take aways. I have a confession, fish and chips aren't my favourite, Indian curry and a good roast beef, potatoes and veg - yum, yum. Mind you, you Scottish have some weird meals don't you - haggis. Are haggis yours too, I'm not sure. Auto correct didn't like haggis either.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Oh Tim noooo! USA is taking us over. We've got to save fish and chips and all the other British take aways. I have a confession, fish and chips aren't my favourite, Indian curry and a good roast beef, potatoes and veg - yum, yum. Mind you, you Scottish have some weird meals don't you - haggis. Are faggots yours too, I'm not sure. Auto correct didn't like haggis either.

This auto correct is getting on my nerves.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh Tim noooo! USA is taking us over. We've got to save fish and chips and all the other British take aways. I have a confession, fish and chips aren't my favourite, Indian curry and a good roast beef, potatoes and veg - yum, yum. Mind you, you Scottish have some weird meals don't you - haggis. Are haggis yours too, I'm not sure. Auto correct didn't like haggis either.

You are a trip! What the hell is Haggis? Sounds awful!

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:

I love Fish&Chips! It's so good! A lot of places around us serve Fish&Chips, but maybe that's just because I'm in Florida?

Speaking of weird food... I heard somewhere over in Europe they serve this "pudding" and it has all the insides of a goat inside a goat stomach!!! :p
How can you guys eat that stuff?!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Close to where I live is Scotland's premier haggis maker - he wins all the competitions. But they can't export to the US because of the offal that's in a haggis. So there's currently a big move in Scotland to convince the US to allow them in. As a vegetarian, I don't eat haggis (though there is a vegetarian one), but I compensate by partaking of other Scottish traditional fare - Drambuie...

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There you go offal, tripe as well. The only thing I'll eat is Tongue, kidney and liver.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's Scotland's national dish..

Haggis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tim

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

That's exactly what I was talking about!! Have any of you ever tried that???
No offense or anything, but it sounds so...gross.

My English teacher said he tried that dish before, (as the waitress called it "porridge") and he said he almost threw up! :p
That was so a picture I didn't need in my head that day! Lol

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's Scotland's national dish..

Haggis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tim

Oh Hell No, you guys.

"Haggis is a kind of sausage, or savoury pudding cooked in a casing of sheep's intestine,"

" Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a casing rather than an actual stomach."

I am speechless. I need a post a picture, to state my true feelings here. But I must hit the shower and go to work!

Haggis? Seriously?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
"It's Scotland's national dish.."

Penance for running round in those skirts........

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh my god I've never laughed so much. You guys are so funny. I expect all countries have weird food but I will try something first before making a comment. Black pudding anyone

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the Haggis from Wikipedia.
It's official! That's the grossest thing I've ever seen!

Attachments

• image-612383355.png
    image-612383355.png
    347.4 KB · Views: 144

Most reactions

Latest posts