What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Runs? I Love To Run!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyhow, one problem I found is, that the iPad can't be used while running, which is a major bummer :D

that is why I prefer the stationary bike, I watch movie or read books with my ipad ;) easy on the knees too.

I join 5K run from time to time.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
So ~what is your embarrassing day dream? Gonna share?:D

Hell no, I won't share.

I would risk it loosing it's motivational value. What if a girl from Cali wouldn't find it embarrassing? Than I would have to find something else for distraction. Not gonna happen under my watch. NoNo :D

You are so funny! I adore you!

Still wanna know.:D

Ok Marie read this book Born to Run by C.McDougall. A modern classic.

Basically it's about running, the Tarahumara indians, and how the use of modern running shoes leads to poor running posture and subsequent injuries.

Can't wait to see you in your vibram fivefingers ..........

hmm....

Just reread the thread title
.... because you like to be chased? :)

But never caught.;)

Anyhow, one problem I found is, that the iPad can't be used while running, which is a major bummer :D

that is why I prefer the stationary bike, I watch movie or read books with my ipad ;) easy on the knees too.

I join 5K run from time to time.

Good idea, Joy!

I would love to run from mopping my floors!

Me too!

I like run, but run rather slowly, I think it's called jogging. I do jogging at night.

Well ~ Stephen I guess I am a jogger, then. I run slow, babe. Very slow.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Can't beat an exercise bike/jogging machine.... Exercise whilst surfing the net/watching tv lol best of both worlds :D

Brockly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
But I can not seem to pass 2 miles.:( And that takes me 50 minutes! I know I know ~ you guys are gonna come in here tell me you can knock that out in 10 minutes.

Whatever ~ lol! I took my heart rate and it was 109. Not sure if that is bad or good ~ I am still alive!

I am very hungry too! Never had lunch.

No, Michael and Rocky. I am not eating your spam. I mean who eats that? Spam. The name says it all, boys.:D

I lost aloof weight 106 pounds in 7 month. So now I feel better and I play a lot of racquetball. I working on doing a 5k (3.1 miles) so my best time is
34.20 mins. That's on a treadmill when I can get it down it to 30 mins I going on the track and see what I can do :) in time I will get it :)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
But I can not seem to pass 2 miles.:( And that takes me 50 minutes! I know I know ~ you guys are gonna come in here tell me you can knock that out in 10 minutes.

Whatever ~ lol! I took my heart rate and it was 109. Not sure if that is bad or good ~ I am still alive!

I am very hungry too! Never had lunch.

No, Michael and Rocky. I am not eating your spam. I mean who eats that? Spam. The name says it all, boys.:D

I lost aloof weight 106 pounds in 7 month. So now I feel better and I play a lot of racquetball. I working on doing a 5k (3.1 miles) so my best time is
34.20 mins. That's on a treadmill when I can get it down it to 30 mins I going on the track and see what I can do :) in time I will get it :)

106 lbs in 7 months?
Low carb? I bet you do feel better, Broc! I love racquetball! We should meet and play.;) You are only and hour away if that!

I would win.:D

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
109 bpm, where you even exercising? :p

That is freakin hilarious! When I took my heart rate and it was 109, I thought when I posted that number, someone will say what you just said ~ a man no doubt, that runs 2 miles in 10 min!

Your max heart rate is 220 minus your age (your real age, ladies, not what you think you can pass for), and your target heart rate during exercise should be 60-80% of that for good results. So admit that you're about 90, or pick up the pace. :)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
109 bpm, where you even exercising? :p

That is freakin hilarious! When I took my heart rate and it was 109, I thought when I posted that number, someone will say what you just said ~ a man no doubt, that runs 2 miles in 10 min!

Your max heart rate is 220 minus your age (your real age, ladies, not what you think you can pass for), and your target heart rate during exercise should be 60-80% of that for good results. So admit that you're about 90, or pick up the pace. :)

Well. This was harsh.

So ~ my heart rate is 166? Or should be? Okay. So what is your point?:D

I am not 90 I'm not!

Reaction score
epb said:

That is a fairly rough estimate and should not be taken too seriously. People react differently to workout. For some the pulse goes straight through the roof, for others the pulse stays fairly low, but the blood pressure increases. Of course under extended periods of workout, both the pulse and blood pressure go up.

But for example, my blood pressure doesn't want to increase before my heart rate is up at 190bpm. Obviously that is an an-aerobic training zone and should not be sustained for longer periods of time. But the point is, as a result my pulse will always be higher when compared to others, because normal exercise only increases the pulse for me, whereas for many others, it is more a combination of an increase in pulse and blood pressure. Of course the complete opposite could be true, the exercise only causes higher blood pressure while maintaining a fairly low pulse.

For an accurate measurement, a stress ecq should be carried out. It involves sitting on an exercise bike, with the upper body connected to a bunch of electrodes. The resistance of the bike is increased in certain intervals, so that it allows for accurate reading on how the body reacts to exercise.

I wouldn't worry about the heard rate alone, without the blood pressure is it almost meaningless.

Last edited:

Brockly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
106 lbs in 7 months? Low carb? I bet you do feel better, Broc! I love racquetball! We should meet and play.;) You are only and hour away if that!

I would win.:D

Ooooo it's on :) you pick the date and I will kick your butt :) lol will get you the info so we can hook up so I can kick you butt lol

Martlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I wasn't trippin. Mine isn't going to change even if I do manage some day to run longer. Or does it? I'm thinkin it changes if you run faster, right?

What's your goal? To run longer? Farther? Faster? All three? Read the book I suggested earlier. It's a short, easy read. It explains not only the how, but the why.

Most reactions

Latest posts