Who Runs? I Love To Run!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SweetPoison, Apr 7, 2011.

1. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    But I can not seem to pass 2 miles.:( And that takes me 50 minutes! I know I know ~ you guys are gonna come in here tell me you can knock that out in 10 minutes.

Whatever ~ lol! I took my heart rate and it was 109. Not sure if that is bad or good ~ I am still alive!

I am very hungry too! Never had lunch.

No, Michael and Rocky. I am not eating your spam. I mean who eats that? Spam. The name says it all, boys.:D

2. Al Rogers

Al Rogers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Once upon a time I would run 20-25 miles a week,hot or cold weather every morning a 5:30,then I would receive a call about 10:00 asking me if I wanted to do a 5 mile run with some buddies. Now after being retired for 23 years I have two steel knee joints and all I can do is side step responsibility,Jump to conclusions and run off at the mouth. Just make sure you take care of your knees.

Al.

3. Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Why, the MEN FROM SPAMALOT do!

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam! We like Spam! Because we are MEN! Spam, lovely Spam! (To the tun of Martin Mull's "Men")

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

4. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:

25 miles a week?? Wow! Impressive there, Al.:) I can't run on cement or pavement ~ only the treadmill or a track.

You know when my knees hurt? When I go down stairs. Strange!

5. ipaduser434

ipaduser434
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Brisk walking is much easier on the knees, hips and body. Try it! I normally manage to get in at least three miles a day.

6. Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Actually not strange at all. That's when your body is loading its weight on the knees. I feel it all the time after I've had my arthroscopy. I don't feel it as much when I'm walking or even going up stairs (though the knee exhibits less strength going up stairs). I used to walk five miles a day and there's NOTHING flat about where I live.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

7. Martlet

Martlet
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I run 25-40 miles a week on average. Getting past 2 miles is easy. Seriously.

Get "Training for Endurance" by Philip Maffetone. It's exceptional, and will likely reduce your pain and increase your distance. He teaches the "Maffetone Method" for endurance training, which focuses almost entirely on training to your heart rate. He has a bunch of books out entraining, but I've only read the one. If you can't find it, I assume the others teach the same method.

8. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I know ~ but I would be so bored.:( How long does that take you?

9. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Oh my! I will check out that book! Thanks!

10. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Too funny! I will take care of my knees, Al. I promise.