What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple plans second fix for flickering 27-inch iMacs - reports

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
via AppleInsider.com:

Soon after Apple delayed shipments of its big screen 27-inch iMac, various users have begun to report from AppleCare technicians that a second fix for screen flickering affecting the hardware is due within 3 weeks.

In a thread on the Apple Discussions forums that spans nearly 250 pages, users have begun to report conversations with AppleCare representatives who claim a new update is forthcoming. A month ago, Apple released a software fix for the flickering issue on the 27-inch iMac, but since then users have said it did not address the problem.

One user, Dennis Murphy, said he was told that AppleCare technicians were issued a bulletin on Saturday that stated a fix would be released in about three weeks. The Apple employee was allegedly instructed to collect customer contact information so they can be reached when the fix is released.
-----

I guess its a good thing I've held off on the new purchase, I think this would become extremely frustrating.

Most reactions