Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad Polls' started by jasonbrinks, Nov 27, 2010.

?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

1. The whole hardware orientation lock toggle thing

5.6%
  2. The iPad has a mic, but no built in voice recording app (the iPhone comes with one)

1.7%
  3. The iPad can get rather heavy for one handed reading

7.8%
  4. No flash support

58.4%
  5. Other (Mention in post)

15.5%
  6. Non that concerns me

11.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CupcakeKiller702

CupcakeKiller702
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    No need for me to buy an anti-glare cover, the smudges, and smears fit the bill! ;)

#41 CupcakeKiller702, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  2. Snafu169

Snafu169
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ya lack of flash sucks, and the fact that if you do get a site with video it is through an app that looks like it reconverts the video, which likely means it is somewhat stale. I was taking an online course and the site had flash so I could not do it on the iPad. I know there are apps that let you share the desktop, but that is no good if someone wants to Ouse the pc.

Also what about filesharing and printing? If I had a Mac would this be possible? Kinda dumb that it is not included, other than finding an app, I shouldn't have to get an app for something so basic, and you ussually have to buy one to get full functionality

3. Studor13

Studor13
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone else seen just how small the front facing camera is on the iPod touch 4g?

Why can't Apple come up with a camera/webcam that connects to the camera kit so that we can all use Facetime?

And don't tell me it's so that Apple would be unable to sell iPods. I bought 2 iPod touch 4gs already and am thinking about a third.

Steve (Jobs), are you reading this? Please give me a camera for the iPad.

4. Mossi

Mossi
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I agree with you. It's too slick. Also, my holding hand goes to sleep after about 10 minutes, which is painful as well as annoying. One would think that an intelligent person would stop using it, BUT....I love it too much![SIZE="[/SIZE]

I don't have a keyboard, but I use a stylus, which I like better than regular typing. I don't have a dock/charger either, so there's no need to put the cover on and off. Other than my numb hand, I'm fairly well pleased.

5. ziffos

ziffos
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    We need FLASH support.

That really all that is missing.

6. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I can deal with thingies like poor printing and absence of Flash but why can't the iPad be a standalone device if one would choose so?

7. j0yful

j0yful
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Right now Im hating since it's being unstable with this upgrading thing. MY iphone4 upgraded smoothly but not my Ipad? using the same pc?

Geez, and why should we connect to itunes when we upgrade?

8. slothead

slothead
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    The lack of Flash is a big deal when so many websites are going that route. (e.g., I have yet to find automotive [brand] website that doesn't use Flash.) Apple will be forced to somehow add Flash or forget using it as a browser.

9. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Apple cannot be forced to do anything. Steve Jobs will go play in a corner by himself before he gives in to implementing something he doesn't like.

I want Flash on my iPad too, but it doesn't stop me from using it as a browser for most of the sites I visit. If I really need to check out a site with Flash, I do it on my PC at home. But this is also the reason I'm buying an Android Tablet early next year, but I will still keep my iPad as there are many apps not available in the Android Marketplace that are available for iPad.

10. Dukins

Dukins
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Being that I just purchased an Ipad yesterday I would have to say everything is a big annoyance, as this is my first time ever owning an Apple product. But the biggest annoyance for me so far is Flash support and learning Itunes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.