Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad Polls' started by jasonbrinks, Nov 27, 2010.

?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

1. The whole hardware orientation lock toggle thing

5.6%
  2. The iPad has a mic, but no built in voice recording app (the iPhone comes with one)

1.7%
  3. The iPad can get rather heavy for one handed reading

7.8%
  4. No flash support

58.4%
  5. Other (Mention in post)

15.5%
  6. Non that concerns me

11.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    The screen toggle is a menu item, there are plenty if free voice recorders, heavy...seriouslY???could care less about flash!

The only thing that annoys me about the iPad in general is that it can't just retain a web page. If you switch tabs it will refresh when you return. So for example, if I want ti view a link 5 pages down on facebook, it will go to a new page then when I go back to facebook instead of being where I left off I am now at the top again.

2. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Simple solution to that.......

Atomic Web Browser.

3. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    I have atomic, but the thing I can't stand about it is you can't import your safari bookmarks, and I have a lot of them. Also no printing yet...but I guess I can send the page to safari to print.

#33 gentlefury, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  4. Rick-WW3DE

Rick-WW3DE
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Another issue I have encountered since installing the new OS: I use the NPR program a log, and I find that the audio quits after about 20 or 30 minutes. I get an error message that says it cannot connect to the Internet and that I should turn the WiFi antenna on. If I click OK on the message, the audio comes right back. This never was a problem before installing the new operating system. I've even tried setting the iPad right on the same desk as the WiFi router, so it's not a signal issue, and the router appears to be operating okay for other applications. Anyone have any suggestions?

5. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Rick,

Some streaming apps like Pandora and Last.fm have settings that allow you to disable the auto-lock feature or force the screen to stay on. It used to be with the old iOS operating system, the iPad would "go to sleep" after 30 minutes if inactivity and it would shut off the WiFi, presumably to conserve the battery, but this was (supposedly?) fixed with iOS 4.2.1. I have not tested this with streaming audio apps (like NPR) that do not offer that feature since I mostly listen to streaming radio stations with the PocketTunes that does offer that feature.

6. Dannyboy85

Dannyboy85
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I'm not sure because I dont listen for long periods on my iPad. But on the pc if you haven't touched it in awhile pandora says "we don't play without an audience" and you havetoo restart. This may be part of the checking to see if your still listening....

7. Digikid

Digikid
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Toggle!!!!!!!!!

8. CupcakeKiller702

CupcakeKiller702
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Mine is, the neverending fingerprint smudges! Seems it never gets clean enough.

9. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I gave up cleaning my screen after about two months. Now I don't even notice smudges unless the screen is off.

10. CupcakeKiller702

CupcakeKiller702
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It certainly makes my purse less attractive to purse snatchers. With my carrying around my iPad in it all the time, the thing makes for a very heavy getaway, and packs a wonderful wallop to anyone that dares to try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.