What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can deal with thingies like poor printing and absence of Flash but why can't the iPad be a standalone device if one would choose so?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now Im hating since it's being unstable with this upgrading thing. MY iphone4 upgraded smoothly but not my Ipad? using the same pc?

Geez, and why should we connect to itunes when we upgrade?

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
The lack of Flash is a big deal when so many websites are going that route. (e.g., I have yet to find automotive [brand] website that doesn't use Flash.) Apple will be forced to somehow add Flash or forget using it as a browser.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple cannot be forced to do anything. Steve Jobs will go play in a corner by himself before he gives in to implementing something he doesn't like.

I want Flash on my iPad too, but it doesn't stop me from using it as a browser for most of the sites I visit. If I really need to check out a site with Flash, I do it on my PC at home. But this is also the reason I'm buying an Android Tablet early next year, but I will still keep my iPad as there are many apps not available in the Android Marketplace that are available for iPad.

Dukins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Being that I just purchased an Ipad yesterday I would have to say everything is a big annoyance, as this is my first time ever owning an Apple product. But the biggest annoyance for me so far is Flash support and learning Itunes.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The lack of Flash is a big deal when so many websites are going that route. (e.g., I have yet to find automotive [brand] website that doesn't use Flash.) Apple will be forced to somehow add Flash or forget using it as a browser.

I use my iPad out in the field all day and never once have I ever been denied access to a site due to lack of flash.

Apple won't add flash. Don't hold your breath.

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My main gripe is my local paper is switching from flash to HTML5, and all those annoying ads I was able to avoid on my iPad ARE BACK, and driving me crazy!

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My main gripe is my local paper is switching from flash to HTML5, and all those annoying ads I was able to avoid on my iPad ARE BACK, and driving me crazy!

Of course the ads are back. That's what this is all about!

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get virtually no ads, just use another browser (I recomend iCab) as most of the third party ones have some sort of ad filter, and you can also edit your hosts file if you jailbreak.

Snafu169

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I use my iPad out in the field all day and never once have I ever been denied access to a site due to lack of flash.

In other words you don't go to a site that requires flash :confused:

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Exactly, if you need to view a site with Flash that bad, you can use other options, such as a desktop computer, Android 2.2 product, or a standard laptop.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Exactly, if you need to view a site with Flash that bad, you can use other options, such as a desktop computer, Android 2.2 product, or a standard laptop.

Thank You. TBH, I didn't even know what Flash was, until I bought the iPad!:eek: Seriously. And I am on my computer a lot!

I knew that the Ipad didn't come with it and I was not trippin, because I did not think Apple would sell a product if most could not make it meet their needs.

I was right.:D

Last edited:

Snafu169

iPF Noob
Reaction score

that's not the point, the lack of it is a nuisance and no credible reason for it not to be there

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know.

There is also no credible reason to for me to have to salute my superior officers. It's a nuisance, but I put up with it because that's the tradition.

Steve Jobs has a deep seeded hate for Flash, it's been this way for a while, a well known fact, constantly whining about it is only going to get you a sore throat or carpal tunnel syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts