What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The screen toggle is a menu item, there are plenty if free voice recorders, heavy...seriouslY???could care less about flash!

The only thing that annoys me about the iPad in general is that it can't just retain a web page. If you switch tabs it will refresh when you return. So for example, if I want ti view a link 5 pages down on facebook, it will go to a new page then when I go back to facebook instead of being where I left off I am now at the top again.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simple solution to that.......

Atomic Web Browser.

I have atomic, but the thing I can't stand about it is you can't import your safari bookmarks, and I have a lot of them. Also no printing yet...but I guess I can send the page to safari to print.

Last edited:

Rick-WW3DE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another issue I have encountered since installing the new OS: I use the NPR program a log, and I find that the audio quits after about 20 or 30 minutes. I get an error message that says it cannot connect to the Internet and that I should turn the WiFi antenna on. If I click OK on the message, the audio comes right back. This never was a problem before installing the new operating system. I've even tried setting the iPad right on the same desk as the WiFi router, so it's not a signal issue, and the router appears to be operating okay for other applications. Anyone have any suggestions?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rick,

Some streaming apps like Pandora and Last.fm have settings that allow you to disable the auto-lock feature or force the screen to stay on. It used to be with the old iOS operating system, the iPad would "go to sleep" after 30 minutes if inactivity and it would shut off the WiFi, presumably to conserve the battery, but this was (supposedly?) fixed with iOS 4.2.1. I have not tested this with streaming audio apps (like NPR) that do not offer that feature since I mostly listen to streaming radio stations with the PocketTunes that does offer that feature.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure because I dont listen for long periods on my iPad. But on the pc if you haven't touched it in awhile pandora says "we don't play without an audience" and you havetoo restart. This may be part of the checking to see if your still listening....

CupcakeKiller702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It certainly makes my purse less attractive to purse snatchers. With my carrying around my iPad in it all the time, the thing makes for a very heavy getaway, and packs a wonderful wallop to anyone that dares to try.

Snafu169

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya lack of flash sucks, and the fact that if you do get a site with video it is through an app that looks like it reconverts the video, which likely means it is somewhat stale. I was taking an online course and the site had flash so I could not do it on the iPad. I know there are apps that let you share the desktop, but that is no good if someone wants to Ouse the pc.

Also what about filesharing and printing? If I had a Mac would this be possible? Kinda dumb that it is not included, other than finding an app, I shouldn't have to get an app for something so basic, and you ussually have to buy one to get full functionality

Studor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen just how small the front facing camera is on the iPod touch 4g?

Why can't Apple come up with a camera/webcam that connects to the camera kit so that we can all use Facetime?

And don't tell me it's so that Apple would be unable to sell iPods. I bought 2 iPod touch 4gs already and am thinking about a third.

Steve (Jobs), are you reading this? Please give me a camera for the iPad.

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They should somehow made it easier to grip. I realize they want to sell accessories but putting a silicone cover every time I take if off the stand is a pain. Try gripping that and the Mac's wireless keyboard and it feels like a fish getting ready to slip out of your hand. I had a problem with the volume rocker so I sent that back, but it had a little chip, probably because I dropped it several times.

Other then that it's pretty impressive. I love my Mac and my iPad. And my Droid too. ;)
I agree with you. It's too slick. Also, my holding hand goes to sleep after about 10 minutes, which is painful as well as annoying. One would think that an intelligent person would stop using it, BUT....I love it too much![SIZE="[/SIZE]

I don't have a keyboard, but I use a stylus, which I like better than regular typing. I don't have a dock/charger either, so there's no need to put the cover on and off. Other than my numb hand, I'm fairly well pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions