Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad Polls' started by jasonbrinks, Nov 27, 2010.

?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

1. The whole hardware orientation lock toggle thing

5.6%
  2. The iPad has a mic, but no built in voice recording app (the iPhone comes with one)

1.7%
  3. The iPad can get rather heavy for one handed reading

7.8%
  4. No flash support

58.4%
  5. Other (Mention in post)

15.5%
  6. Non that concerns me

11.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonbrinks

jasonbrinks
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Double-tap the Home button and that will bring up the multi-tasking bar. Slide the bar to the right and that will reveal the iPod functions, screen brightness adjustment and....

[​IMG]

3. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    My biggest gripe is simply the fact that it's so locked down and not expandable in any way whatsoever.

It didn't bother me, but now that more fully-featured Android tablets are being released, I'll be buying one of those for primary use, and the iPad will only be used on occasion.

4. jasonbrinks

jasonbrinks
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Boom Shaka laka!

Could you be a tad bit more specific? Not to say that I disagree, but would be nice to hear moar!

5. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Well, in Apple's effort to keep this device the way they want it, they have eliminated any and all expansion ports (SD slots, USB ports, HDMI out, battery slot, etc etc).

While the jailbreak option does open up the software a little more, you are still in general limited by the hardware.

It's not even a huge deal to me, but as my primary device for taking to work and school with me, I would like something a little more feature-filled. The iPad has been a great tool for me, especially the Gray's Anatomy app has been excellent for my studies, so it will have a place in my backpack for a long while. Once the Android tablets start to really roll out with better options (early next year) I'll be getting one to use primarily.

6. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Not to use that old worn out cliche, but that is actually a feature. The iPad was designed to be a consumption device, made for consuming stuff through iTunes and it does that quite well. It is marketed primarily to the "average" consumer to stay connected while on the go, not for "computer geeks" who seem to be the people who are the most dissatisifed with the iPad.

7. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Well said. This is going into my notes.

:D

8. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I understand, and for the most part agree with what you say. Had there been other options available, I wouldn't have bought the iPad, but it was the only product available. I don't think you have to be a computer geek to find value in a full functioning USB port or SD card reader or webcam though.

I really don't have THAT many complaints about the iPad, I love it overall, just wish there was a little more to it.

9. DaveSt

DaveSt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:

I think that is a stretch. I agree that for a large part the lack of expandability is a design (and money making) decision on Apple's part. I also agree that the Ipad has plenty of features for media consumption. However, calling the lack of something a "feature" is pushing it a little in my opinion. It is simply a limitation of the device, no different that a lack of air conditioning in a car. Some might call that a feature, I would call it a shortcoming.

10. jasonbrinks

jasonbrinks
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ooo... I sense something brewing...

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! O' PEOPLE OF GLORIOUS ROME! WELCOME...

... To the colosseum! On the dirt covered land before your bloodthirsty eyes, is the iPad! Under the ground, chained to their feet, are the viscous hounds of limitations! In their pens, are the mighty warriors of our beloved Rome herself - Features!

Behold their struggle, watch, as they battle to the death, over the iPad!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.