What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your biggest fear when it comes to damaging your ipad?

striker5972

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is your biggest fear when it comes tondamaging your ipad? What is the thing you are most afraid of when it comes to your iPad being damaged? My biggest fear is from water damage or my friends breaking it accidentally.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The downtime till I get a replacement iPad, lol. I already have two, though.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My biggest fear is dropping it. It happened with my Newton Messagepad, I can still hear the sound of the screen shattering.

Even though I don't like to encumber my iPad, I have just fitted a flexible cover tthe has a strap on the back to secure it in your hand.

I am looking forward to my next tablet being half the price of the iPad, making replacement after damage much less traumatic. At that sort of of price it is more likely to be an Android than an iPad:)

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Biggest fear is damaging it to the point of having to replace it or, if the money isn't there, go without.

iCrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My biggest fear jut occurred last week. My baby threw it onto a rock band guitar and shattered the screen. It's fixed now though.

jawbraker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCrank said:
My biggest fear jut occurred last week. My baby threw it onto a rock band guitar and shattered the screen. It's fixed now though.

This is my biggest fear but I hope it never happens. I play games in bed sometimes when I am not quite sleepy enough. When I finally start drifting I place the iPad in the floor next to my bed but make sure it is close to the headboard too. I still worry I will get up too fast one day and step on it. It is in a case but I am not a little person. 240 lbs is still too much to place on something that has a glass front.

SewingFairy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my worst fear happened I only had my very first iPad2 for 3 weeks & I dopped it onto the concrete drive it shattered & so did I!!! Thankfully now I have a new one & maje sure I have it in a bag!

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropping it. Which happened two weeks ago. Hit the corner by the on/off switch - concrete from 5 feet is not good. On/off switch got jammed in - thanks to a friend who is apple certified repair man it was fixed. Was in a portfolio type case, have since moved back to the otterbox defender. Bulk but safe.

iCrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jawbraker said:
This is my biggest fear but I hope it never happens. I play games in bed sometimes when I am not quite sleepy enough. When I finally start drifting I place the iPad in the floor next to my bed but make sure it is close to the headboard too. I still worry I will get up too fast one day and step on it. It is in a case but I am not a little person. 240 lbs is still too much to place on something that has a glass front.

The iPad can easily be fixed. No need to be an expert.

jawbraker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCrank said:
The iPad can easily be fixed. No need to be an expert.

It has more to do with I am student teaching and could not afford to replace a screen at the moment.

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
striker5972 said:
What is your biggest fear when it comes tondamaging your ipad? What is the thing you are most afraid of when it comes to your iPad being damaged? My biggest fear is from water damage or my friends breaking it accidentally.

Both of mine are covered, so no fears. I did come close to a scare, however, when I spilled a malt cooler on my iPad 2' tho! Luckily it was in its case and suffered no damage.

SteveAustin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The screen of IPad is too wide and lengthy.That is why i am always afraid of the breakage of the screen because some times it drops from the hands.

Most reactions

Latest posts