What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHY is the lack of Flash your biggest annoyance?

WHY is Flash your biggest annoyance?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
WHY is the lack Flash your biggest annoyance?

People keep saying the lack of Flash is their biggest annoyance, but not why or what they are not able to accomplish because of the lack of flash. "Cause I cant go to websites." is not an acceptable answer - what websites? Pron (misspelled on purpose) sites? FB Games? Seriously, why is Flash "so required" for internet use?

Last edited:

AlunReynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In truth deckyon it ain't that important. Not a show stopper anyway. I haven't found it to limit anything I have wanted to do. Perhaps though, that is because I use the iPad mostly for business orientated stuff.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought the iPad primarily for mobile browsing. I knew the iPad didn't do Flash when I bought it, so it was no surprise.. What did surprise me was how many of the sites I was visiting were flash based.

For example, I'm considering buying a new car... All the North American car sites have a 'build your own' section where you pick a model and add all the options you want and then get a price.. ALL of these web apps are flash based. I had to go to my desktop computer to use the feature. That's one example.. There are quite a few other sites I can't use because of the missing Flash.

It's not the end of the world, but my browsing is a lot more limited than I thought it would be...

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I browse YouTube and several other video sites quite a bit. Success varies from not working at all to YouTube which is missing a lot of videos from the standard site compared to the iPad.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You want me to list all of them? I'll list a few, but I visit quite a few semi-regularly.

-Discovery Channel
-Discovery Health
-BBC News (I know I can just read the text, but it's nice to see the video of the story to, really helps you get a feel for it, a picture is worth a thousand words right?)
-Porsche Web Cinema (Porsche makes some of the best car commercials in the world, I love watching them over and over again, not on my iPad though :( )
-Interactive stock market charts don't function correctly on almost every site I've been on.
-It was already mentioned above, but shopping for a new car? I am. Don't think you can use the configuration tool to price/spec the car the way you want. 360 degree image viewing? Nope. Interactive displays? Nope.
-Oh, and for me the deal breaker, my school's interactive site for retrieving records, checking transcripts, registering for classes, etc, doesn't work correctly.
-Also my favorite adult site, XHamster doesn't work.

I could go on, but there's no point.

I understand you are trying to convince people that they really don't need Flash. But just because you are ok with it, doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Last edited:

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, and it's not my biggest annoyance. My biggest annoyance is not being able to change simple things in the user interface and add widgets and stuff for instant display of information without opening an app.

But the Flash thing is bothersome, errrrr, was bothersome until I essentially gave up using my iPad because of several of the sites I visit regularly not working correctly.

OP
deckyon

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Yeah, put words in my mouth. This has nothing to do with my feelings on flash. So many people "need it" but wont give any reasons why. The Dead Horse arguement? Really? Funny, I am not bashing Apple, Jobs or the iPad for not having Flash...

I am just trying to find out WHY people think Flash is so important.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I thought the lack of a USB port (a "real" USB port, not the CCK!) or not being able to access the file system was the biggest annoyance with the iPad....

I am sooooo confused!

bush-dumb-look-scratching-head.jpg

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I find not the lack of flash in itself annoying but rather the dummies that should have researched the iPad....should have KNOWN that Apple hates flash...and STILL yet scream when they find out that their iPads do not support it.

The perfect response would be along the lines of....

DUHHHH!!!!!!!!

Same with those that are screaming at Apple to put Flash in......Never gonna happen folks.

HTML5 is the future anyways. More secure, faster and MUCH less power hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions