Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad Polls' started by jasonbrinks, Nov 27, 2010.

?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

1. The whole hardware orientation lock toggle thing

5.6%
  2. The iPad has a mic, but no built in voice recording app (the iPhone comes with one)

1.7%
  3. The iPad can get rather heavy for one handed reading

7.8%
  4. No flash support

58.4%
  5. Other (Mention in post)

15.5%
  6. Non that concerns me

11.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King Hal

King Hal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    The fact that I can't put it down

2. jasonbrinks

jasonbrinks
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Aye, that's a problem indeed... :)

3. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I voted other because of the $$ I've spent on case(s), styluses (stylii?) and apps. If I didn't have this durn iPad, I'd have a LOT more free cash!

So annoying! :D

Marilyn

4. Kupe

Kupe
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My biggest annoyance is the lack of a single file system accessible by all programs instead of each program having their own unique, usually unshareable, file system.

5. jasonbrinks

jasonbrinks
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Surprisingly enough, Kupe has a valid point... The apparent lack of a single backend file system does seem slightly odd... But I must say, from a casual users perspective, it's not much of a concern, seeing as how the core apps can still 'share files'... A la 'Open in iBooks' or 'open in DocsToGo'...

6. hookbill

hookbill
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    They should somehow made it easier to grip. I realize they want to sell accessories but putting a silicone cover every time I take if off the stand is a pain. Try gripping that and the Mac's wireless keyboard and it feels like a fish getting ready to slip out of your hand. I had a problem with the volume rocker so I sent that back, but it had a little chip, probably because I dropped it several times.

Other then that it's pretty impressive. I love my Mac and my iPad. And my Droid too. ;)

7. jasonbrinks

jasonbrinks
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    For those of ya'll (a majority apparently) who said that 'Flash support' (or lack of thereof), have ya'll tried out 'Frash'? It does decently too!...

1. In Cydia, add the repo - http://repo.benm.at
    2. Search for 'Frash', and install it
    3. Now navigate to any website with flash ads on it (example), you will see a grey box with 'Flash' written on it... If you tap this box, the flash content will play.

Noted bugs are choppiness in the replay of flash videos.

(Take from one of Gizmodo's post. I would've put a link, but I'm scared silly with getting banned for the forum a mere 1.75 days after joining. To find the post, google 'how to install frash on ipad', and the first result is from the Gizmodo website.

So yeah, all kudos to 'em, I just be the messenger)

8. Rick-WW3DE

Rick-WW3DE
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    A little fold-out handle that could double as a stand would be nice. My main gripe at present is that since installing the new operating system, I've lost all application sounds (eg, mail alerts, cards shuffling, keyboard clicks). Yes, these are ON in Settings. I do still have audio otherwise, however. Did not see anyone else mention this, so I guess it's just me(?).

9. jasonbrinks

jasonbrinks
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hey Rick, yeah, that does sound like a one off problem... Have you tried reinstalling the OS?

10. Rick-WW3DE

Rick-WW3DE
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I did a little more research after my post and learned that the hardware rotation lock button now serves to mute application sounds in the new OS. Since I had my rotation locked, the ap sounds were muted. Switching it off restored my ap sounds. Wonder how many other little hidden"features" such as this we'll find in the new OS? Apparently there is a software rotation lock in the new OS. I'm going to search for it now. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.