What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest annoyance with the iPad?

What are your biggest annoyances with the iPad? (4.2.1)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys....seriously give up the flash! IT IS NOT EVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that your final answer?

:D

Not ever? Then it will?:p

But maybe....:p:D

And seriously, for a person to have the tag line, "I never give up....", don't you think asking others to give up or to stop voicing their opinions, even if on a lost cause (in your opinion), is a bit much? It has been said that hope springs eternal in the human breast. Didn't you ever watch "Angels in the Outfield"? It could happen....

He has a point, Brat. ^^ I think he got you there!;)

RussW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No ports, no video mirroring, no USB, no Flash, rotation lock switch, no video camera (it -should- have an HD camera for it's size/cost), little/no compatibility with the PC world (which still dominates the computer market BTW), no ability to freely downgrade the iOS (can you say "planned obsolescence"), little freedom for developers or end-users (can you recall the '1984' Mac commercial? Apple has come full-circle on that one!!)

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score

And seriously, for a person to have the tag line, "I never give up....", don't you think asking others to give up or to stop voicing their opinions, even if on a lost cause (in your opinion), is a bit much? It has been said that hope springs eternal in the human breast. Didn't you ever watch "Angels in the Outfield"? It could happen....

It could.....however what you guys must learn about me is that I voice my opinions and I do not hold anything back. Apple has said over and over that they will not support it....ever. It is up to them to change their minds.

Also I never give up. Nothing is more truthful than that.

I now return you to the topic. :)

No ports, no video mirroring, no USB, no Flash, rotation lock switch, no video camera (it -should- have an HD camera for it's size/cost), little/no compatibility with the PC world (which still dominates the computer market BTW), no ability to freely downgrade the iOS (can you say "planned obsolescence"), little freedom for developers or end-users (can you recall the '1984' Mac commercial? Apple has come full-circle on that one!!)

Wow.....anything ELSE?!?!?! LOL!!!!! :D

howell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. I'm really surprised that "No Flash" is the most popular answer!? For me, it's the weight. One handed usage is tough. I bought a Prop It Up to help with that. Love it!

Philippe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I selected other

Lack of a USB slot is unforgivable... It's one of the big things that make me see the iPad as less than a computer, simply because you can't swap files from platform to platform.

USB is like the floppy disc of our era, I get that you don't have them on phones or mobiles, but the Pad is almost a computer, COME ON.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lack of a USB slot is unforgivable... It's one of the big things that make me see the iPad as less than a computer...
If you bought an iPad to replace a "real" computer with all of its features and functionality, you may have made a poor choice.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lack of a USB slot is unforgivable... It's one of the big things that make me see the iPad as less than a computer, simply because you can't swap files from platform to platform.

USB is like the floppy disc of our era, I get that you don't have them on phones or mobiles, but the Pad is almost a computer, COME ON.

so then get the camera kit. It comes with an SD card reader and a USB port...if you are jailbroken you can install iFile and read anything just like a reg drive.

I think my biggest annoyance about the iPad is people complaining about things that arent really problems!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

so then get the camera kit. It comes with an SD card reader and a USB port...if you are jailbroken you can install iFile and read anything just like a reg drive.

I think my biggest annoyance about the iPad is people complaining about things that arent really problems!

Well this is only tangentially related but in 4.2.1 Apple has lowered the power to the camera connection kit. This is causing a whole slew of problems for people that didn't have any problems before. Why they did this one is beyond me... but plenty of legitimate devices--that worked before 4.2.1--are no longer working.

It's almost is if Apple are saying... "So you thought this was like a USB slot? Think again."

Michael

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I think the biggest problem is, people are SO stuck in the past they can't actually see what the iPad is. Think of it like a portable window to your home computing.

You can use Plex and Air Video to bring terrabytes worth of movies and music with you. Drop box can store all the files you ever need to access. Splashtop Remote allows you to jump onto your desktop anytime and do anything.

While I love iPad for what it natively does (mail, web, movies, etc), I love it more for what it has and is becoming. It is the most powerful device I've ever owned because it is essentially my entire desktop setup in a little tiny package I can take everywhere with me.

I use it all day everyday. Mostly logged in to splashtop controlling my mac pro at home. I can watch hulu and chat at the same time. No problem multitasking...since its my desktop!

This short sightedness is just getting so irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts