What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken 3.2.2? Post your details here for those of us who cant!

superonyx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping up with the post.

I have a newly bought factory 3.2.2 ipad that i am anxious to jailbreak but this has me very nervous for some reason (money i guess).

I have jailbreak and unlocked iphones back in the 2g iphone days. But i have been away from the community for a little while.

What i am wondering is has anyone actually bricked their ipads with this? Like any type of issue where it just wont even boot up to be functional? I want to JB but not at the cost of losing my ipad completely. My son loves this thing and i cant tell him i crashed his birthday present.

Thanks guy and good luck to all.

F

frajeff91

Sorry for DP.
So here's what seems to be happening, my above post was mostly correct.
It seems as though that when the device goes into DFU mode, it performs two quick reboots in a row. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that one of the reboots is limera1n doing its thing. The problem is that during the second reboot, the ipad's automatic boot up process takes over, and just boots up the thing normally, but because the limera1n program is still running, it forces it into recovery mode. Limera1n at this point thinks that the device is in DFU mode, but it's actually in recovery mode.

sqapg5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for DP.
So here's what seems to be happening, my above post was mostly correct.
It seems as though that when the device goes into DFU mode, it performs two quick reboots in a row. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that one of the reboots is limera1n doing its thing. The problem is that during the second reboot, the ipad's automatic boot up process takes over, and just boots up the thing normally, but because the limera1n program is still running, it forces it into recovery mode. Limera1n at this point thinks that the device is in DFU mode, but it's actually in recovery mode.

I feel that way too. as i hear it dings... twice... but the irony is that my friend's ipad didn't face this problem. i just did a clean restore and reinstall itunes ona win 7 vista 32 bit... used a clock and counted 10 seconds for both... but i realised... ipad is still not going thru...

chronological order..

Open itunes,, ipad discovered, sync completed.
open limerain... click make it rain...
first ding..... ipad in recovery mode... hold down power and home..
Counting begins... 10...9...8... zero..
release power....in dfu mode... pop up of itunes detected ipad.. still counting...
10...9...8....zero
suddenly ipad apple logo showing... then in seconds the itunes usb cable....
exploiting.... done.... thank you and enjoy your jailbreak..... ipad still showing the same usb into itunes ....

F

frajeff91

Yeah, I just successfully jailbroke my 3GS, which doesn't automatically turn on when I plug it into stuff. Interesting.

dinedal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
release power....in dfu mode... pop up of itunes detected ipad.. still counting...
10...9...8....zero
exploiting.... done.... thank you and enjoy your jailbreak..... ipad still showing the same usb into itunes ....

The exact same thing was happening with me on my iPad, until I tried a clean install of iTunes. Luckily, I had another machine that had this clean install to do this with.

Also, it took less then 10 seconds for me to get to the post apple logo itunes usb showing. I was still holding the home button after this, and the green drop didn't show until AFTER the second itunes usb graphic, but I was holding the home button the entire time.

Kenney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm now on my 30th try. Right now on a clean Windows 7 install (UAC turned off), with a clean iTunes install (newest version) on a clean iPad (how it came out of the factory). I'm counting the 10 seconds using a stopwatch.

Did I jailbreak my iPad? No, ofcourse not. This jailbreak is buggy and on some devices it just doesn't work. I'll go ahead and wait for a proper jailbreaking method since this is going nowhere.

F

frajeff91

10...9...8....zero

The exact same thing was happening with me on my iPad, until I tried a clean install of iTunes. Luckily, I had another machine that had this clean install to do this with.

Also, it took less then 10 seconds for me to get to the post apple logo itunes usb showing. I was still holding the home button after this, and the green drop didn't show until AFTER the second itunes usb graphic, but I was holding the home button the entire time.

I've already tried using the home button the whole time, and I should've (but didn't) mention that I'm using a clean install of iTunes as of about 2 hours ago.

demis21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys i have the same problem.I have
3.2.2(7B500)
MB293LL
Try it on Vista,3 different Xp computers.with itunes from 9 up to the last version
restored ipsw, clean ipad, all posible holding times for power+home buttons and i still
can't jailbreak.
Some may think that i am not doing it right, but after all those attempts i think i should get at list one out of luck.

sqapg5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I just successfully jailbroke my 3GS, which doesn't automatically turn on when I plug it into stuff. Interesting.

for the itunes popping up...

1. Go to Start menu and choose Run or simply press Windows+R key.
  2. Type "msconfig" in the Open text field and hit OK button.
  3. Go to Startup tab and uncheck iTunes from the Startup Item menu as shown in the screenshot below.
  4. Hit OK key and restart your PC.
for those that are curious to try out..

bulletbilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded the non beta RC1 and I am still facing this problem... Going to have to wait for Greenpoison...

F

frajeff91

for the itunes popping up...

1. Go to Start menu and choose Run or simply press Windows+R key.
  2. Type "msconfig" in the Open text field and hit OK button.
  3. Go to Startup tab and uncheck iTunes from the Startup Item menu as shown in the screenshot below.
  4. Hit OK key and restart your PC.
for those that are curious to try out..

Doesn't that just make itunes not start when you turn your computer on? That's not really the problem...

Most reactions

Latest posts