What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken 3.2.2? Post your details here for those of us who cant!

techknight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
same problem...no go

Model MB294LL
Not working - same error as frajeff91
XP PRO SP3 Itunes 10+

Sorry for DP.
So here's what seems to be happening, my above post was mostly correct.
It seems as though that when the device goes into DFU mode, it performs two quick reboots in a row. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that one of the reboots is limera1n doing its thing. The problem is that during the second reboot, the ipad's automatic boot up process takes over, and just boots up the thing normally, but because the limera1n program is still running, it forces it into recovery mode. Limera1n at this point thinks that the device is in DFU mode, but it's actually in recovery mode.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is some tips for you guys to possibly get it working for you.

IF YOU JAILBROKE PRIOR TO 10/11/10 WITH LIMERA1N JAILBREAK THEN YOU TRIED ONE OF THE BETAS AND YOU SHOULD RETRY TO JAILBREAK AGAIN NOW THAT LIMERA1N IS OUT OF BETA STAGES.

1. THE VERY FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS UPDATE TO iTUNES 10.0.1 OR NEWER OTHERWISE THE JAILBREAK WILL NOT WORK. NOT SURE WHAT ITUNES YOU HAVE THEN UPDATE IT ANYWAYS. GO

2. BACKUP YOUR DEVICE IN ITUNES BEFORE STARTING JUST IN CASE.

3. YOU MUST HAVE A DEVICE THAT IS OUT THE BOX WITH FIRMWARE 3.2.2 FROM THE STORE OR HAS BEEN UPDATED TO FIRMWARE 3.2.2

4. ENTERING IN DFU MODE
DFU Mode is all timing. Some people say count to 10 and some people say watch the on screen prompts. Well the best and easiest way to put your iPad in DFU Mode is to listen to the chimes your iPad makes when it is disconnected from your computer and when it is connected to your computer it will chime as well. When you hold the Home and Power button simultaneously your iPad will reboot itself making a chime when it disconnects from your computer, now when you hear the next chime sound, you will release the Power button immediately when you hear that second chime while continuing to hold down the Home button until the on screen message prompt says "in DFU Mode wait" then release the Home button.

5. AFTER YOU SEE THE MESSAGE THAT YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY JAILBROKE YOUR iPAD.
YOUR iPAD will power down automatically and it will NOT automatically reboot itself. You will need to press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then "Slide to unlock" to view the Home Screen. You will notice there is NO limera1n icon. The reason why is because it is on the mext page so scroll to the secong page of your Springboard (Home Screen) and you will see a White icon called limera1n. Go ahead and tap to open that app. Now tap on Cydia option and make sure you get a green check on the right then tap Install at the top.

Now that Cydia is installed, you can open the limera1n app again and delete limera1n itself so it's not taking up valuable Home Screen Real Estate. If you see a White Cydia icon and/or limera1n icon then you may press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then Slide to power down. Once your device is turned completely off, you may login again and scroll to the second page to see the Cydia and/or limera1n icon

Question, if i jailbroke it when LimeRa1n first released, whays the purpose of doing it over again? Will i have somethng new by doing this. I have no issues so far n dont see a reason to. Unless something underlying i dont know about. I have the new version saved just in case and i have greenpoison. I thought the saying was if it aint broke, dont fix it..lol. ;-). Thnkx n advance to any insight into this.

Mmarzex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried both limera1n and greenpois0n and neither gives me the limera1n app or cydia.

ipad 16gb wifi only

model: MB292LL
Firmware:3.2.2

tkc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a complete noob, suck at computers, but it worked on my first try!

I did the linera1n jailbreak.

iPad 16gb, 3G & WiFi
Model: MC349LL
Firmware: 3.2.2

Now to figure out what I can do with it lol

bulletbilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried both limera1n and greenpois0n and neither gives me the limera1n app or cydia.

ipad 16gb wifi only

What kind of errors are you having? Post some details of what the computer is saying and what your iPad is doing etc. and maybe someone can help you out.

Mmarzex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

ipad 16gb wifi only

What kind of errors are you having? Post some details of what the computer is saying and what your iPad is doing etc. and maybe someone can help you out.

It says on both limera1n and greenpois0n that it was successful I'm doing it on vista home premium by the way but my ipad is paired with my mac. Now for on the ipad if I try limera1n I get the rain drop and then it goes away and I power it up and then if I use greenpois0n I get the verbose screen and I get to the homescreen and no cydia or anything of the sort.

I'm wondering if it may have something to do with it will only working with the computer that it is paired with.

Billy_Marlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is some tips for you guys to possibly get it working for you.

IF YOU JAILBROKE PRIOR TO 10/11/10 WITH LIMERA1N JAILBREAK THEN YOU TRIED ONE OF THE BETAS AND YOU SHOULD RETRY TO JAILBREAK AGAIN NOW THAT LIMERA1N IS OUT OF BETA STAGES.

1. THE VERY FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS UPDATE TO iTUNES 10.0.1 OR NEWER OTHERWISE THE JAILBREAK WILL NOT WORK. NOT SURE WHAT ITUNES YOU HAVE THEN UPDATE IT ANYWAYS. GO

2. BACKUP YOUR DEVICE IN ITUNES BEFORE STARTING JUST IN CASE.

3. YOU MUST HAVE A DEVICE THAT IS OUT THE BOX WITH FIRMWARE 3.2.2 FROM THE STORE OR HAS BEEN UPDATED TO FIRMWARE 3.2.2

4. ENTERING IN DFU MODE
DFU Mode is all timing. Some people say count to 10 and some people say watch the on screen prompts. Well the best and easiest way to put your iPad in DFU Mode is to listen to the chimes your iPad makes when it is disconnected from your computer and when it is connected to your computer it will chime as well. When you hold the Home and Power button simultaneously your iPad will reboot itself making a chime when it disconnects from your computer, now when you hear the next chime sound, you will release the Power button immediately when you hear that second chime while continuing to hold down the Home button until the on screen message prompt says "in DFU Mode wait" then release the Home button.

5. AFTER YOU SEE THE MESSAGE THAT YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY JAILBROKE YOUR iPAD.
YOUR iPAD will power down automatically and it will NOT automatically reboot itself. You will need to press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then "Slide to unlock" to view the Home Screen. You will notice there is NO limera1n icon. The reason why is because it is on the mext page so scroll to the secong page of your Springboard (Home Screen) and you will see a White icon called limera1n. Go ahead and tap to open that app. Now tap on Cydia option and make sure you get a green check on the right then tap Install at the top.

Now that Cydia is installed, you can open the limera1n app again and delete limera1n itself so it's not taking up valuable Home Screen Real Estate. If you see a White Cydia icon and/or limera1n icon then you may press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds then Slide to power down. Once your device is turned completely off, you may login again and scroll to the second page to see the Cydia and/or limera1n icon

This worked for me. MB294LL. I kept jailbreaking and not getting the green drop. I upgraded iTunes and timed the button presses with with the Windows 'chimes' and it worked. Thank you, Geohot.

Soulkikker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak Limera1n works!

I tried it. Worked the first time, so my Ipad is jailbroken. Piece of cake. Thank you GeoHot!

BB1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
32Gig Wifi only
Model: MB293LL

I tried GreenPoison AND Limera1n multiple times on my Vista 64 machine with NO success on my Ipad. I kept having to restore via Itunes.

Today, I thought to try it with my WinXP laptop (old). It was a pain, because I had to use my WIFI card in my only USB slot first, to download Itunes and Limera1n. Then, swapped to the Ipad dongle to connect the Ipad. It worked the VERY FIRST TRY! I've heard others say Vista is a no go when trying to jailbreak, well now I agree. If you are having trouble on a Vista machine, try an XP one and see how that works.

zombiemaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the best advice !!!

New ipad, lots of crap on the web about how to jb, most of it worthless. I looked for a week for someone who actually knew what they were doing. Followed your instructions and it worked perfectly. No probs with the ipad either..everything works as it should.
Being a master pc tech for over 30 yrs, and knowing how jacked up most peoples pc's are, im not surprised that so many have problems doing a jb, id bet that if most of them restored their pc completly before trying this about 70% of the failed attempts would simply dissapear and the jb would work. I have seen solid evidence in the iphone that the quality varied drastically between the black and the white phones.. The quality of the white phones was far above the black ones in preformance. But i have not much experience yet to tell what makes one ipad better than another except luck of the draw.

So far i am running an external passport hdd , bluetooth headset, wireless magick mouse and keyboard, a usb stick,
and a few other goodies off of it.. Does pretty good.
I have an external power brick to keep it running for a week solid if needed, and im working on making it the control center
for my home theater and media server (running xbmc ! )

next will be control pgm to run things around the home, alarm sys, lights ect ect..

I have activated voice control, but really its pretty dumb, looking to mate up full voice control ..it is possible.

The hardest thing may be teaching it to talk... Since it was designed by liberals...lol

Rich Gibson

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So far i am running an external passport hdd , bluetooth headset, wireless magick mouse and keyboard, a usb stick,
and a few other goodies off of it.. Does pretty good.

The hardest thing may be teaching it to talk... Since it was designed by liberals...lol

If you've poked around this subforum you might have noticed that no one else has gotten the external hard drive to work, or having claimed to do so, has not responded to numerous requests. Would you please take the time to detail how you got it to work? I've gone through Maxwell's blog about 10 times and although I can ls the external drive and mount it, the IPAD (using iFile) still can't see the images or folders (Mac). Any help you can provide will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Most reactions