What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will do, but will that require a re installation of all my tweeks and apps?

Restoring of any kind will wipe all your data. Backup your device first to save your stock data. For package backup, you can either invest in PKGBackup in Cydia, or you can backup your packages manually using MobileTerminal on your device directly, or OpenSSH + a terminal command prompt on your computer such as PuTTy for Windows, CyberDuck for Mac, or your default Terminal application on a Mac.

If you choose to do the manual (free) method, the steps are below.

----

To manually make a list of all your packages, open up MobileTerminal or an SSH Terminal Client (PuTTy, Terminal, etc) on your computer. Login if you're using a computer.

Run the command

• dpkg --get-selections > installed-apps.txt
This will generate a text file in /var/mobile/ with a list of installed packages. Your repos may or may not be backed up along with it, so it's best to have your repos saved in a text file as well if you don't remember them. The default repositories will be there after your re-jailbreak. Any non-default repos will have to be added again most likely.

Restore your device, re-jailbreak, place the text file back into /var/mobile. Then run the following commands in order.
  • dpkg --set-selections < installed-apps.txt
  • apt-get dselect-upgrade
In some occasions there may be a hiccup in the txt file, in which case, you can run
  • apt-get --fix-missing dselect-upgrade

Last edited:

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To correct the terminology used, you have to upgrade the device, not update the device. Update means masking over the older iOS. Upgrade is a fresh restore of the iOS, which is what you must do in order to use Evasi0n7. If you're looking to upgrade to 7.0.4, place the device into either Recovery Mode or DFU mode preferably, and click the Restore button in iTunes, then you can rejailbreak. From your previous post, if you're referring to 7.0.3, as in your device firmware and not the untethered package version of the Evasi0n7 patch in Cydia, and you want iKeychain, you can restore fresh and rejailbreak. If you're referring to the untethered patch, 0.3 is the latest version, so if you're already on 7.0.4, you're already maxed on upgrade-ability

As with most things apple and/or jailbreak relate, I'm a little dense. I'm already on iOS 7.04 and jail broken. What I meant was that in my Cydia packages on my iPhone and iPad it says "evasion 7.x Untether. 0.3". I was wondering if what you were suggesting was an update to 0.4 in the evasion?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope. The latest version is the untether package in Cydia is 0.3. The package version number does not correspond with the utility version. The utility version is 1.0.4 at the moment, but the package is only 0.3 in Cydia. Changes to the utility may address a delivery method and does not always have a software component to it. The untether package in Cydia will show updates if @Evad3rs push out an update. If there isn't an update available for the package, then you're on the latest version.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just a PSA/friendly reminder to all. iOS 7.1 will patch Evasi0n7, and @Evad3rs will more than likely not replenish the patched exploit to allow for use with 7.1. Users should consider restoring and rejailbreaking afresh so that you have a fresh iOS and fresh jailbreak on your device, particularly those that have had many rotations of package installation and deletion since the jailbreak. Make sure your backup your device (and packages if you'd like) prior to doing so.

As the doomsday for Evasi0n7 draws closer and closer with the release in the first week of February, it's strongly recommended that all jailbroken devices have afc2add, MobileTerminal, OpenSSH and ILEX RAT (optional) installed for troubleshooting purposes so that we can avoid being forced to upgrade to 7.1 on the occasion that you have an issue with your jailbreak. 9 out of 10 issues can be solved using one of the above listed packages, and is the difference between keeping your jailbreak and losing it.

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From AppInfo

Sources

BigBoss
http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/dists/stable

Cydia/Telesphoreo
http://apt.saurik.com/dists/ios/847.21

ModMyi.com
http://apt.modmyi.com/dists/stable

repo.yllier.net
http://repo.yllier.net/

repo666.ultrasn0w.com
http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/

teamXBMC
Index of /apt/ios

ZodTTD & MacCiti
http://cydia.zodttd.com/repo/cydia/dists/stable

Packages

7-zip (POSIX) - 4.57-3p
Activator - 1.8.3
AdBlocker - 1.60
AdBlockerNetworks - 1.11
afc2add - 1.01
AppInfo - 1.5
AppList - 1.5.7
APR (/usr/lib) - 1.3.3-2
APT 0.7 (apt-key) - 0.7.25.3-3
APT 0.7 Strict (lib) - 0.7.25.3-11
Barrel - 1.7.0.3-1
Base Structure - 1-4
BigBoss Icon Set - 1.0
Bourne-Again SHell - 4.0.17-13
BytaFont 2 - 2.0.3
bzip2 - 1.0.5-7
CCControls - 1.0.2
CCControls Default Themes - 1.0.2
ClearFolders - 1.0
Core Utilities - 8.12-12p
Core Utilities (/bin) - 8.12-7p
cURL - 7.33.0-8
Cydia Installer - 1.1.9
Cydia Substrate - 0.9.5001
Cydia Translations - 1.1.8.1
Darwin Tools - 1-4
Debian Packager - 1.14.25-9
Debian Utilities - 3.3.3ubuntu1-1p
Diff Utilities - 2.8.1-6
diskdev-cmds - 421.7-4
Erica Utilities - 1:0.4.2
evasi0n 7.x Untether - 0.3
Find Utilities - 4.2.33-6
Flipswitch - 1.0.2
GNU Privacy Guard - 1.4.8-4
gzip - 1.6-7
IconSupport - 1.9.2-1
iFile - 2.0.1-1
Infinidock - 2.1.2-1
iOS Firmware - 7.0.4
iPad - 1
iPhone Firmware (/sbin) - 0-1
iSHSHit - 1.1.5
libhide - 2.3
LZMA Utils - 4.32.7-4
MobileTerminal - 520-2
New Curses - 5.7-13
OpenSSH - 6.1p1-11
OpenSSL - 0.9.8y-10
PAM (Apple) - 32.1-3
PAM Modules - 36.1-4
pcre - 8.30-5p
PreferenceLoader - 2.2.2
Profile Directory - 0-2
readline - 6.0-7
ResetAllKiller - 1.0.0-3
RocketBootstrap - 1.0.1
Safari Resetter - 3.0-2
shell-cmds - 118-6
ShowCase - 1.3.4.1-1
Substrate Safe Mode - 0.9.4000
SwipeSelection - 1.4.1-1
system-cmds - 433.4-12
Tape Archive - 1.19-8
UIKit Tools - 1.1.8
unrar - 3.6.8-2p
unzip - 5.52-5p
XBMC-IconPack - 1.0-0
XBMC-iOS - 12.3-1
zip - 2.32-5p

Sent from my iPad

Note: I have deleted classicdock, action menu, protube and activator after the problem, but I have reinstalled activator. So far no problem. :thumbs:

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crash plist

With regards to the crash plist, the one that seems to match the time of crash (yesterday) is tagged as "reset counter ... plist"

Contents below:

Incident Identifier: 7322BB17-E273-4C02-820B-F72528007FAD
CrashReporter Key: f522f44591b547d2aecc94c496d70cae0f9e5dcf
Date: 2014-01-25 10:37:56 +0800
Reset count: 0
Boot failure count: 1
Boot faults:
Boot stage: 255
Boot app: 3356302921

Don't know if this gives enough info.

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. The latest version is the untether package in Cydia is 0.3. The package version number does not correspond with the utility version. The utility version is 1.0.4 at the moment, but the package is only 0.3 in Cydia. Changes to the utility may address a delivery method and does not always have a software component to it. The untether package in Cydia will show updates if @Evad3rs push out an update. If there isn't an update available for the package, then you're on the latest version.

Thanks, that means I'm good.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With regards to the crash plist, the one that seems to match the time of crash (yesterday) is tagged as "reset counter ... plist"

Contents below:

Incident Identifier: 7322BB17-E273-4C02-820B-F72528007FAD
CrashReporter Key: f522f44591b547d2aecc94c496d70cae0f9e5dcf
Date: 2014-01-25 10:37:56 +0800
Reset count: 0
Boot failure count: 1
Boot faults:
Boot stage: 255
Boot app: 3356302921

Don't know if this gives enough info.

That signifies a hard reset. Is there anything else around that time frame?

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LatestCrash.plist <------- is empty.

LatestCrash-Preference.plist <------- is empty.

There are some log-agregate ... plist and consolidated-metriclogs files. These files are big.

Maybe what I can do is reinstall the tweaks (action menu, protube, classicdock with classicdock installed last) to see if the problem appears again. The only reason I suspect classicdock is because that was the last tweak I uninstalled and after, my ipad is working again. It could also be a memory problem no? Coz I hard reset and uninstall classic dock, then I was able to shutdown my ipad and let it rest for a few minutes. ;)

Anyways, with all the funny things I encountered jailbreaking IOS 7, now I a bit scared to upgrade my mini. Dateline approaching fast. :eek:

I just remembered another thing. I also installed IconBounce. I checked and it was not in your google list of tweaks compatible with IOS 7. Could that be the problem? ClassicDock clashes with IconBounce?

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
LatestCrash.plist <------- is empty.

LatestCrash-Preference.plist <------- is empty.

There are some log-agregate ... plist and consolidated-metriclogs files. These files are big.

Maybe what I can do is reinstall the tweaks (action menu, protube, classicdock with classicdock installed last) to see if the problem appears again. The only reason I suspect classicdock is because that was the last tweak I uninstalled and after, my ipad is working again. It could also be a memory problem no? Coz I hard reset and uninstall classic dock, then I was able to shutdown my ipad and let it rest for a few minutes. ;)

Anyways, with all the funny things I encountered jailbreaking IOS 7, now I a bit scared to upgrade my mini. Dateline approaching fast. :eek:

I just remembered another thing. I also installed IconBounce. I checked and it was not in your google list of tweaks compatible with IOS 7. Could that be the problem? ClassicDock clashes with IconBounce?

I would lean more towards IconBounce over ClassicDock, as ClassicDock is only really an overlay. The spontaneous animation of your icons can take a toll on your device because the tweak has to constantly maintain the spontaneous-ness of the icons, even if you're not on the springboard to see the animation.

anotherscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Evasi0n is a Windows app... is there any way to jailbreak 7.0.4 if you have a Mac?

(Also, it would be helpful if the first post of this thread were updated to include links to legitimate places to go for the jailbreak tools.)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Evasi0n is a Windows app... is there any way to jailbreak 7.0.4 if you have a Mac? (Also, it would be helpful if the first post of this thread were updated to include links to legitimate places to go for the jailbreak tools.)
Here's the evad3rs website. http://evasi0n.com/
On the home page are buttons to select for Windows computers or Macs.
This website is the best place to go for your jailbreak.

anotherscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!

When there was no link to the evasi0n site in the 1st post of this thread, I clicked a button on the site which was an ad for it (bogus?), which said Windows only, which surprised me and prompted my post.

Since that 1st message in this thread is supposed to be the one official place to go for all the updated info, I think it would be useful to include the evasi0n URL in that post.

anotherscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The jailbreak appears to have worked, but the apps that normally appear at the bottom of home screens are missing, that area is just blank. (So for example, the only way I can launch Settings is to type it into Spotlight.) Has anyone seen this or know the cause, and how to fix?

edit: Never mind. User error!

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! When there was no link to the evasi0n site in the 1st post of this thread, I clicked a button on the site which was an ad for it (bogus?), which said Windows only, which surprised me and prompted my post. Since that 1st message in this thread is supposed to be the one official place to go for all the updated info, I think it would be useful to include the evasi0n URL in that post.
The reason there was no link to the jailbreak site is because we have a tutorial thread on how to jailbreak your iPad. You can find it here. http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-7-0-4-device-using-evasi0n7-windows-osx.html

Maybe this will help you to do the jailbreak without the problem you encountered.

Most reactions

Latest posts