What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
PSA: We're now in a potential make-or-break period for Evasi0n7. Playdek and Apple have been working on an in-app purchase fix for the game Summoner Wars. This release on February 1st may be 7.0.5, or 7.1. Although 7.1 beta 3 did not patch the Evasi0n7 exploits, the same cannot be said for the official release of the 7.1. If you're looking to jailbreak on iOS 7, make sure you get the jailbreak working at this point, otherwise, if you result in a bootloop of your device on February 1st or after, you will be forced onto iOS 7.0.5/7.1 when restoring. February 1st may result in a 7.0.5 that fixes in-app purchase, or 7.1. Either ways, it's best to not bet on 7.0.5 or 7.1 full not patching Evasi0n7 or wait until the last minute to restore and jailbreak, then realize you have an issue on your device and are forced to restore to a non-jailbreakable iOS.

anotherscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there something we should do now in order to assure that we can re-install the current jailbreakable version of 7 in the future (i.e. if we have a problem that requires complete re-install, and Apple has moved to a version of 7 that is no longer jailbreakable)? I remember there used to be a process for saving "SHSH blobs" so you could re-install an "obsolete" version of IOS for this purpose, but I haven't needed to do anything like this in a long time, and I don't know if that information is still current.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there something we should do now in order to assure that we can re-install the current jailbreakable version of 7 in the future (i.e. if we have a problem that requires complete re-install, and Apple has moved to a version of 7 that is no longer jailbreakable)? I remember there used to be a process for saving "SHSH blobs" so you could re-install an "obsolete" version of IOS for this purpose, but I haven't needed to do anything like this in a long time, and I don't know if that information is still current.
While saving blobs is still recommended, there is currently no way to use them with the newer iOS versions. They will be of no help in downgrading, as only pre-A5 devices can be downgraded, but only if you have the blobs. Once Apple closes the door on the iOS 7 jailbreak, owners of jailbroken devices must be very careful not to do anything that will require a restore to correct as they will have to upgrade to a non jailbreakable iOS version and be stuck waiting for the next jailbreak.

Last edited:
OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The jail break tool, evasi0n7, automatically blocks updates. So, there's no need for another tweak.

Marilyn

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, there is now a 1.0.4 version of the evasi0n7 jail break tool. The new version is a security fix for those jail breaking with this tool.

If you jail broke with any earlier version of the tool, go to Cydia and install the update to "evasi0n 7 Untether." This will fix security issues on your already jail broken iDevice - and no, you won't have to re-jail break as this update applies the patch to those already jail broken.

The first post has been updated to reflect this - but please, run the update!

And yes, iOS 7.1 is around the corner. No one knows when it will drop. So far, all the beta versions of 7.1 have been jail breakable but this does not mean it won't be in the final iOS version.

For now, iOS 7.0.4 is the official Apple released version and it is jail breakable.

Marilyn
Mine says ver. 0.3 is that the latest one? Also, where was that thread where you spoke of changing that important password? and what do you do if you forget that password?
thanks!!!

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine says ver. 0.3 is that the latest one? Also, where was that thread where you spoke of changing that important password? and what do you do if you forget that password? thanks!!!

The latest version is 7.0.4 and can be jailbroken, I suggest u update to 7.0.4 and rejail re- jailbreak. The new iOS will be out soon n apple will close the update window to .4

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was having problems with my ipad 3 locking/freezing. When in app, I cannot switch by using the five finger pinch. The sutdown button would not work also. Home button did nothing! Everything freezes! Scary thinking if I had to do restore all over again :eek:. Had to do a hard reset everytime.

I uninstalled, action menu, activator, icon bounce, classicdock and protube. Last tweak I uninstalled was classic dock and now I can close/switch apps again with the home button. (I used swipe bottom to left via activator prior.) So I suspect culprit was classicdock.

Anybody encounter this?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was having problems with my ipad 3 locking/freezing. When in app, I cannot switch by using the five finger pinch. The sutdown button would not work also. Home button did nothing! Everything freezes! Scary thinking if I had to do restore all over again :eek:. Had to do a hard reset everytime.

I uninstalled, action menu, activator, icon bounce, classicdock and protube. Last tweak I uninstalled was classic dock and now I can close/switch apps again with the home button. (I used swipe bottom to left via activator prior.) So I suspect culprit was classicdock.

Anybody encounter this?

Install AppInfo in Cydia, export the data through an email, and paste it here. Additionally, post a panic/crash plist that matches with the time stamp of the crashes

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I can figure out AppInfo. How do I do the panic/crash plist thingy? Do I need to install crash reporter or something?

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The latest version is 7.0.4 and can be jailbroken, I suggest u update to 7.0.4 and rejail re- jailbreak. The new iOS will be out soon n apple will close the update window to .4

How do you do that? It's not just a Cydia update, right? Do you have to download and re-jailbreak like new?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you do that? It's not just a Cydia update, right? Do you have to download and re-jailbreak like new? Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yes, make a back up. Download the newest iOS via iTunes ( not over the air) and re- jailbreak.
Then put ur backup back.
Good luck.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think I can figure out AppInfo. How do I do the panic/crash plist thingy? Do I need to install crash reporter or something?

Open up Settings > General > About > Diagnostics & Usage > Diagnostic & Usage Data. Then look for a date that corresponds with the date and time of the crash. Example would be Chrome_2014-01-20-234254_Jonathans-iPad.plist. 2014-01-20 is the date of the log's creation, and 234254 is the time of the creation, which is read as 23:42:54, or 11:42:54 PM. For crash logs, you may not see it in the plist name, but if you open it up, near the top, find Date/Time and you'll be able to access the time for the crash log (assuming it's not a panic.plist log, which will have the date in the title like the Chrome one I sampled above).

Once you open the plist, copy all of the data, and email it back to yourself. Then go to Pastebin.com, and paste the log there, then paste the link of the created text here. (BBForums have a limit of characters per post, and some logs well exceed the maximum once if not twice or thrice)

How do you do that? It's not just a Cydia update, right? Do you have to download and re-jailbreak like new?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

To correct the terminology used, you have to upgrade the device, not update the device. Update means masking over the older iOS. Upgrade is a fresh restore of the iOS, which is what you must do in order to use Evasi0n7. If you're looking to upgrade to 7.0.4, place the device into either Recovery Mode or DFU mode preferably, and click the Restore button in iTunes, then you can rejailbreak.

From your previous post, if you're referring to 7.0.3, as in your device firmware and not the untethered package version of the Evasi0n7 patch in Cydia, and you want iKeychain, you can restore fresh and rejailbreak. If you're referring to the untethered patch, 0.3 is the latest version, so if you're already on 7.0.4, you're already maxed on upgrade-ability

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, make a back up. Download the newest iOS via iTunes ( not over the air) and re- jailbreak.
Then put ur backup back.
Good luck.

Will do, but will that require a re installation of all my tweeks and apps?

Most reactions

Latest posts