What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, anotherscott. I have added the links to the tool and the tutorial to the first post in this thread.

As for your missing icons [from the dock] - have you searched through all the pages on your iPad, including all folders? As you can find them via a Spotlight search, they've got to be there ... somewhere.

Marilyn

anotherscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was a silly mistake on my part, everything is fine!

Glad you found my suggestion useful, though!

In general, finding "lost" apps is a trick, though. Yes, you can type the name of the app (if you remember it) into Spotlight, but AFAIK, all you can do from there is launch it, there's still no way to find what screen it is on. And I don't know if they fixed this in IOS7, but once you fill a certain number of home screens, you can still add more apps, but the icons won't appear anywhere!

I'm going to add, in case anyone saw my original post before I first edited it... iKeywi HD does work. For some reason, the version that installs initially does not work (maybe that only restores the version you originally bought? I don't know), but you can subsequently go back into Cydia and hit the Updates button, and it will then update to the right version.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I JBed my iPad again after losing cydia and having to restore my iPad. Now I have installed a lot of JB tweaks (Including some "Bad Tweaks" too.)

Now is there any great jb tweaks that is free and is a great JB tweak? Aside from file viewers cause that is what ruined my iPad.

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I JBed my iPad again after losing cydia and having to restore my iPad. Now I have installed a lot of JB tweaks (Including some "Bad Tweaks" too.)

Now is there any great jb tweaks that is free and is a great JB tweak? Aside from file viewers cause that is what ruined my iPad.

Check this out: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html
There is also a document of Willerz to tell u which tweak is "good to go" for which device (iphone 5, Ipad 2,3,4 and Ipad Air, Mini etc).

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check this out: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html
There is also a document of Willerz to tell u which tweak is "good to go" for which device (iphone 5, Ipad 2,3,4 and Ipad Air, Mini etc).

It's a fairly small list. Not every package will be included but these are the more sought after packages. It's best to check the compatibility of the package in Cydia first as well as the Change Log of that package prior to installing.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there any tweaks that can help me avoid losing my JB or solve problems with my JBed device?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there any tweaks that can help me avoid losing my JB or solve problems with my JBed device?

In short, no. There's no tweak that you can just press the button on in any situation that will resolve your device such as boot loops, can't get out of recovery mode, etc. Jailbreaking requires that you maintain your device. IF your device is running slow or you'd want to restore your device back to as close to stock as possible, you can use ILEX RAT outlined here. ILEX RAT will NOT resolve every issue, and cannot be ran wherever or whenever. In most cases, it can be used.

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In short, no. There's no tweak that you can just press the button on in any situation that will resolve your device such as boot loops, can't get out of recovery mode, etc. Jailbreaking requires that you maintain your device. IF your device is running slow or you'd want to restore your device back to as close to stock as possible, you can use ILEX RAT outlined here. ILEX RAT will NOT resolve every issue, and cannot be ran wherever or whenever. In most cases, it can be used.
Willer, not sure if I like your new avatar, kinda freaking me out. Yet, on another note a friend want,s to jailbreak his IOS7 device. Is it still a go with evasi0n?

Sent from my IPad using IPF. GC wenchwhino HD level 59

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Willer, not sure if I like your new avatar, kinda freaking me out. Yet, on another note a friend want,s to jailbreak his IOS7 device. Is it still a go with evasi0n?

I'm trying to fix the old South Park GIF because it's not animating for some reason here. And yes. Best would be to backup the device, restore afresh, and use Evasi0n7. If a picture model is needed, your friend can look through/follow this.

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm trying to fix the old South Park GIF because it's not animating for some reason here. And yes. Best would be to backup the device, restore afresh, and use Evasi0n7. If a picture model is needed, your friend can look through/follow this.
Yes, I told him to follow this thread, you guy's and gal's are so great. Good luck with the avatar! Was not sure who I was talking to. (Hee-hee)

mefnj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you please post a link in the OP to give instructions about how to correctly and safely un-jailbreak a device before re-jail breaking?

I know i have seen a tutorial here somewhere before, but can't find it now. Would be good to have it with the other must reads.

I am currently jailbroken at iOS5.1, but many of my favorite apps are aging out in the app store, and I reckon it is time for an upgrade to iOS7.

Any small details that a novice like myself might forget, and later regret, would be very helpful.

Kudos to all the great members here. I really learn a lot and appreciate all the time and effort you put into it.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you please post a link in the OP to give instructions about how to correctly and safely un-jailbreak a device before re-jail breaking?

I know i have seen a tutorial here somewhere before, but can't find it now. Would be good to have it with the other must reads.

I am currently jailbroken at iOS5.1, but many of my favorite apps are aging out in the app store, and I reckon it is time for an upgrade to iOS7.

Any small details that a novice like myself might forget, and later regret, would be very helpful.

Kudos to all the great members here. I really learn a lot and appreciate all the time and effort you put into it.

The only way to un-jailbreak a device would be to restore it. It's impossible to revert the iOS back to stock as a lot of the system files cannot be modified. Instructions on how to restore back to stock (particularly if you're jailbroken) can be found here.

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In addition to that link helpfully given, may I also suggest you make a list of the Cydia tweaks you've got installed so you can put them on later, if you choose (if they're needed/available). As you are moving up two full iOS versions, you won't want to save them for a re-restore after jail breaking - you'll want to put them back on one at a time to ensure they are working fine. And Cydia tweaks are [mostly] like AppStore apps - once you've bought them, they're yours and you get upgrades...

Oh, and don't forget to make an iTunes backup so that you won't lose all your apps data and settings. You can restore as new and then put the backup on after jail breaking.

Marilyn

mefnj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In addition to that link helpfully given, may I also suggest you make a list of the Cydia tweaks you've got installed so you can put them on later, if you choose (if they're needed/available). As you are moving up two full iOS versions, you won't want to save them for a re-restore after jail breaking - you'll want to put them back on one at a time to ensure they are working fine. And Cydia tweaks are [mostly] like AppStore apps - once you've bought them, they're yours and you get upgrades...

Oh, and don't forget to make an iTunes backup so that you won't lose all your apps data and settings. You can restore as new and then put the backup on after jail breaking.

Marilyn

i did see the "failsafe" tutorial, but i thought i had seen a step by step somewhere, including what/how to backup, etc.

i actually haven't connected to iTunes since my initial jailbreak that i can remember, so i assume my order of operations would be:

1) get the latest version of iTunes installed on my desktop

2) connect my iPad and do a full backup (i assume there is a one-click button somewhere in iTunes)

3) do a full upgrade to iOS 7.04 (again, i assume that iTunes has a one-click button for this)

****make a decision to jailbreak or not****

If NO, then restore my iPad from the backup

If YES, follow the Evasi0n7 tutorial, jailbreak, then restore my backup from iTune

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i did see the "failsafe" tutorial, but i thought i had seen a step by step somewhere, including what/how to backup, etc.

i actually haven't connected to iTunes since my initial jailbreak that i can remember, so i assume my order of operations would be:

1) get the latest version of iTunes installed on my desktop

2) connect my iPad and do a full backup (i assume there is a one-click button somewhere in iTunes)

3) do a full upgrade to iOS 7.04 (again, i assume that iTunes has a one-click button for this)

****make a decision to jailbreak or not****

If NO, then restore my iPad from the backup

If YES, follow the Evasi0n7 tutorial, jailbreak, then restore my backup from iTune

Essentially yes.

Most reactions