What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 Tips and Tricks

dwightseabreez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:)Thanks Tim,, I've had my ipad2 around 8 mo. And glad to find this forum ,, it's endless the things you can do
With this,, too much fun : )

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jaoargota said:
How can i uprade ios 3.2.2 to 4.3 on ipad?

Under normal circumstances you cannot do that. Your only option will be to update to 5.1 which is the current version of IOS. Apple have security measures in place which prevent you installing any old version of IOS.

However you can bypass this security in some situations. IF (and only if) you have an iPad1 and have been previously jailbroken and have saved SHSH Blobs for 4.3, then you can use TinyUmbrella to serve up your blobs and install 4.3. It can only be done if you meet all 3 of these prerequisites.
That said, I would not recommend 4.3 as that version of IOS contained many bugs. The best version of IOS 4.x for iPad1 is probably 4.3.3 if you want to jailbreak, and 4.3.5 if you want to remain stock.

bong512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome thread! I find it very helpful, thanks peeps!

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Raw Intentions said:
If you press the home button twice on the lock screen it will bring up music controls at the top of the lock screen.

And I have learnt something new yet again, many thanks.

The Archangel

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is not new, but I've just learned to do this. When entering something new into a search box or Internet address box, tap the grey x at the right to empty the box. In the app store it also brings up the keyboard.

mmnlinar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't get that response. Holding down the same key to undock correct?

mmnlinar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New iPadl3 user - I have seen this from time to time. What is this concept of NOTIFICATIONS? And receiving them?

Most reactions

Latest posts