What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 Tips and Tricks

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rovin05 said:
How to upload documents like word or PDF to sites like monster , careerbuilder, dice etc? Many have suggested applications like "iuploader" "icab" but doesnt work , I am student have to upload my assignments to my University website, any applications which will help me do this? I need to carry my laptop for this purpose. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you can't find the app you need, you should consider getting a remote desktop app like Splashtop so you can leave your computer at home but still be able to upload files, email them, and access what you need from wherever you might be. There are several threads in the forum about different ones in addition to member reviews of Splashtop. I've ended up using Logmein Ignition which I bought a while back, but Splashtop's one that a lot of members like. It's also reasonably priced.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
jochrisyogi said:
First off all great forum, glad to have discovered this.

Must admit that I found this in another forum, but thougt I'd share it with you guys.

If you tap the black bar on top where the battery % is you go to the top of the page. Great in email boxes.

Gret tip! New for me!
As old as you get, you never stop learning... ;)

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just read a great tip from OS X daily on the machash app. When you want to close running apps, lift the screen with 4 fingers, touch one app until all have a red minus, and touch as many circles as you can at one time. If you are really good you can get 8 at a time.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you like the auto return to top feature (tap anywhere above the URL field in your browser), you might like this:

Save this to your bookmarks bar:

javascript:scroll(0,document.getElementsByTagName(%20%22body%22)%5B0%5D.scrollHeight);

This lets you quickly zip to the bottom of the screen.

Reaction score
Czevski said:
I just read a great tip from OS X daily on the machash app. When you want to close running apps, lift the screen with 4 fingers, touch one app until all have a red minus, and touch as many circles as you can at one time. If you are really good you can get 8 at a time.

I've never been good at computer games, my fingers aren't that nimble! But it sure is fun trying! I've only managed three so far.

Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
If you like the auto return to top feature (tap anywhere above the URL field in your browser), you might like this:

Save this to your bookmarks bar:

javascript:scroll(0,document.getElementsByTagName(%20%22body%22)%5B0%5D.scrollHeight);

This lets you quickly zip to the bottom of the screen.

How exactly do you do that? I click on the bookmarks bar, & then what? I'm not quite sure where to paste. Thanks.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How exactly do you do that? I click on the bookmarks bar, & then what? I'm not quite sure where to paste. Thanks.

-- Create a bookmark in your bookmarks bar -- doesn't matter to what, because it'll be temporary.

-- Copy that bit of script language that I posted.

-- Then edit that temporary bookmark that you just created by deleting the existing URL and pasting in its place that bit of script language that you just copied.

Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
-- Create a bookmark in your bookmarks bar -- doesn't matter to what, because it'll be temporary.

-- Copy that bit of script language that I posted.

-- Then edit that temporary bookmark that you just created by deleting the existing URL and pasting in its place that bit of script language that you just copied.

Did that. Then went to a site that had a long web page to try it. I clicked on the bookmark icon, then the bookmark bar, then the JavaScript link and I just got taken back to the original page I used to start with.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did that. Then went to a site that had a long web page to try it. I clicked on the bookmark icon, then the bookmark bar, then the JavaScript link and I just got taken back to the original page I used to start with.

Sorry, can't make instructions clearer than what I posted. Maybe someone else can help you.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Create a new book mark using say google home page, save to you bookmark bar.
Then got to bookmarks and edit your new book mark
Paste the script where the google URL is.

Picture below helps

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1345269776.949617.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1345269776.949617.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 356

Most reactions

Latest posts