What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Tips, Tricks, Best Practices...

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Since I have a pretty good knowledge of how everything in the iPad works. This weekend I'm going to start writing an iBook that is an overview of the iPad Models, explains everything as if its a new user that has never picked up an iPad and walks them through everything. After that It will go into more details with tips and tricks that most people may not know about. I will be including pictures, screenshots, and video's...

The iBook will be a free download.

If you have any requests for things that you want to be covered, post them here and I'll make sure to go over it.

If you have any tips, or tricks, Post them in here, any tips and tricks that come from this thread will be credited to the person that posted them.

Also since a lot of issues with the iPads have been asked and gone over many times, I plan to include a trouble shooting sections so that if someone is having an issue, they can just flip to the trouble shooting section and find out if its a common issue and what they need to do to fix it.

Last edited:

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something we are religious about in our home... signs of bad weather = iPads on the charger. Other than making sure no unnecessary service are running and reducing the brightness if there are any other battery extending tips that would be great.

Some random things:

When travelling to a new city searching the city name in the app store is always a good idea. The apps are almost always free.

When looking at how an app is rated make sure that the majority of negative reviews are not about price. Some people feel like anything more than 2 bucks is too expensive.

I also don't think it would hurt to cover common sense things like always be careful where you leave it and never stack things on top of it. I am fixing to sell my first gen and it is in pristine shape.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great idea, Mike. Yell if you want any assistance...

Oh, and make sure you look in that massive tips and tricks thread. Lots of good pointers in there.

Marilyn

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That sounds like agreat idea.
Will you show us some typical workflow problems and how to solve them? Like how to setup printer connections, how to connect to a NAS or ftp server. How to upload or download files and how to copy them into the specific app. And so so....
Will you recommened Apps Hardware and other stuff?

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mike! I've never touched an Apple product before so I feel like I'm starting from scratch. Something I might like to do occasionally for convenience is link to my Dell Desktop from my IPAD & look@/resend word documents to the doctor I do medical transcrip for. I can't wait to get my hands on mine!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
Since I have a pretty good knowledge of how everything in the iPad works. This weekend I'm going to start writing an iBook that is an overview of the iPad Models, explains everything as if its a new user that has never picked up an iPad and walks them through everything. After that It will go into more details with tips and tricks that most people may not know about. I will be including pictures, screenshots, and video's...

The iBook will be a free download.

If you have any requests for things that you want to be covered, post them here and I'll make sure to go over it.

If you have any tips, or tricks, Post them in here, any tips and tricks that come from this thread will be credited to the person that posted them.

Also since a lot of issues with the iPads have been asked and gone over many times, I plan to include a trouble shooting sections so that if someone is having an issue, they can just flip to the trouble shooting section and find out if its a common issue and what they need to do to fix it.

How do you turn off group messaging on the iPad so that do not have group replies to all? I have not been able to get an answer from anyone on the forum. Much appreciated!!! Also, how to upload documents, such as a resume, onto external websites as if I were on a PC or Mac?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe one essential tip is to check (play around with) all settings. And check all settings after upgrades. I got caught in multi-touch zoom and had to find the answer on my computer to get back to normal. And my sound settings sometimes need checking after games, using earphones, etc.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's a great idea ,good luck with it all.
Hope you include an easy photo save and transfer section.
Web saves,advice on transferring back to pc etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts