What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 Tips and Tricks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you like the auto return to top feature (tap anywhere above the URL field in your browser), you might like this:

Save this to your bookmarks bar:

javascript:scroll(0,document.getElementsByTagName(%20%22body%22)%5B0%5D.scrollHeight);

This lets you quickly zip to the bottom of the screen.

Excellent tip, KayKayKay! I just got done putting this one in as a bookmark!

Create a new book mark using say google home page, save to you bookmark bar.
Then got to bookmarks and edit your new book mark
Paste the script where the google URL is.

javascript:scroll(0,document.getElementsByTagName(%20%22body%22)%5B0%5D.scrollHeight);

Picture below helps

Skitch is always helpful, thanks Bosvaark for creating this for Kaykaykay's excellent tip for our members!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I may be so bold - I made a sticky over in the FAQ section that showed how to make bookmarklets. It's also got a rather comprehensive list of bookmarklets that work great on the iPad. It's here: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=72353

So, if you like the scrolling bookmarklet, maybe you'll find more to like over there. And, if you have one that I don't have listed - I'd sure be interested in it (and can add it). I really like bookmarklets and am always looking for new ones. :)

Marilyn

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I may be so bold - I made a sticky over in the FAQ section that showed how to make bookmarklets. It's also got a rather comprehensive list of bookmarklets that work great on the iPad. It's here: Guide: Creating Safari Bookmarklets

So, if you like the scrolling bookmarklet, maybe you'll find more to like over there. And, if you have one that I don't have listed - I'd sure be interested in it (and can add it). I really like bookmarklets and am always looking for new ones. :)

Marilyn

I like bookmarklets, too. At some point I did a Google search and found a bunch, many of which I didn't use, but if anyone's looking for more, they're findable by searching for something like "iPad bookmarklets."

preeti22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ituneslogin.info
Reminder’s month view on the iPhone

To see a quick monthly calendar from within Reminders.app, tap ‘Date’ in the top then tap the Calendar glyph in the upper left.

ipadgramma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
preeti22 said:
To see a quick monthly calendar from within Reminders.app, tap ‘Date’ in the top then tap the Calendar glyph in the upper left.

What does the "Reminders" app look like? Couldn't find anything that was titled just "Reminders"

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What does the "Reminders" app look like? Couldn't find anything that was titled just "Reminders"

The icon is a to-do list with 3 ticks and some text. Swipe the home screen of icons to the right and use the Spotlight search to find "reminders" and see if it appears there.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

This is what the icon looks like on the iPad (it's a default app):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348325408.954595.jpg

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

markdd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stop Search tip

Does anyone have a tip to halt an inadvertent link that occurs when you intend to scroll the page down but instead you've pressed a link and launched the search/seek function.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
markdd said:
This didn't work when I tried typing my email address. ???

Do you have the split keyboard feature turned on? Go to Settings - General - Keyboard and you will see Split Keyboard here and turn it on.

tizmary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you get notifications on your lock screen, you can hold the app icon for the notification and it will turn into a slide to view slider. Allows you to g direct to the app instead of using the usual slide to unlock and searching for the app.
This is a GREAT tip, I had no idea, and probably only found out by accident /luck... So thanks so much!!

Most reactions

Latest posts