What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Remote Desktop App

Yoshiki UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would it be possible to use a remote desktop app to go to a torrent website, download a torrent onto my PC (a legal torrent of course ;)) and open it to be downloaded in a torrent programme? Or search and download using soulseek? Because then I would be able to download on the go. I wouldn't be surprised if this couldn't be done, because it seems to good to be true.

Thanks.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would it be possible to use a remote desktop app to go to a torrent website, download a torrent onto my PC (a legal torrent of course ;)) and open it to be downloaded in a torrent programme? Or search and download using soulseek? Because then I would be able to download on the go. I wouldn't be surprised if this couldn't be done, because it seems to good to be true.

Thanks.

I do it all the time.

My gf was at home and asked if I could get an album for her, I logged in, used iTunes and started it playing for her from work.

Yoshiki UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks.

I do it all the time.

My gf was at home and asked if I could get an album for her, I logged in, used iTunes and started it playing for her from work.

Epic. Thanks.

nanohits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure why everyone is talking so highly about Teamviewer HD. Have you tried to navigate with it? It just sucks ass. Try iTap RDP. Its the best out there for navigating once you are in remote.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try iTap RDP.
It already failed the first test... for me anyway:

ipad7.jpg

I am a "casual" iPad user, but I suppose if I actually had a true need for RDP, this one probably looks like a winner.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, they are all expensive. I went with iTeleport, and there is no way I'm spending more money, LOL.

On the other hand, do any of them support audio in a clean way? They all seem pretty much the same.

nanohits

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try iTap RDP.
It already failed the first test... for me anyway:

ipad7.jpg

I am a "casual" iPad user, but I suppose if I actually had a true need for RDP, this one probably looks like a winner.

Well depends on what you are after. If you are after free then you will get Free worth. YEs it is expensive but it is well worth it. Just like when you bought an iPad, the price you paid you could have circled that too saying it is too expensive. You get what you pay for.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Damn I've been reading these postings hoping there would be a consensus.....

Guess I'll need to wait for an authorative magazine review.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn I've been reading these postings hoping there would be a consensus.....

Guess I'll need to wait for an authorative magazine review.
Oh, you mean a media outlet that is supported by advertising? That's sure to be objective!

nigern75

iPF Noob
Reaction score
remote desktop for ipad

please excuse the user name i fat fingered it. should be Bigern75

Anyways, our work server does not accept VPN or VNC. I can only log on via RDC. before I go I spend money that i cont have, is there a free RDC app for my ipad. I have seached anseached with no luck
thanks!!!!! :D

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Remote Desktop RDP, not the free version. Works fine for me for Win 7 and xp machines. I'm not sure why one would use itap over this?

Screw it I will go buy it and find out....

update: Ok, itap is ok, it's a little more polished then the Remote Desktop RDP one I was using. But I don't think it is worth 2 times the cost of remote desktop rdp. I think for most people remote desktop rdp will suffice for Windows Machines. itap has quite a few more gestures, and when they work they are quite nice, but if you get frustrated with gestures like some people do, get Remote Desktop RDP as it'll be just fine. Just note that there is a Remote Desktop RDP Lite, but it really doesn't work quite as well as the paid version, and it doesn't have as many keyboard options and is missing a few keyboard keys, function keys etc.

So once again, because there is no demo or 24 hr trial period for the itap software, I bought something I didn't need to buy. The is one major major flaw with the apple store, and it makes me fed up and just want to jailbreak and screw them over instead.

Last edited:

krytron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Remote Desktop RDP, not the free version. Works fine for me for Win 7 and xp machines. I'm not sure why one would use itap over this?

Screw it I will go but it and find out....

update: Ok, itap is ok, it's a little more polished then the Remote Desktop RDP one I was using. But I don't think it is worth 3-4 times the cost of remote desktop rdp. I think for most people remote desktop rdp will suffice for Windows Machines. itap has quite a few more gestures, and when they work they are quite nice, but if you get frustrated with gestures like some people do, get Remote Desktop RDP as it'll be just fine. Just note that there is a Remote Desktop RDP Lite, but it really doesn't work quite as well as the paid version, and it doesn't have as many keyboard options and is missing a few keyboard keys, function keys etc.

So once again, because there is no demo or 24 hr trial period for the itap software, I bought something I didn't to buy. The is one major major flaw with the apple store, and it makes me fed up and just want to jailbreak and screw them over instead.

Is Remote Desktop RDP good enough in terms of mouse usage? How is it compared to iTap? I just tried the Lite version which doesn't support the mouse actions (right click for example).

Also I wonder how these RDP (or VNC) programs deal with key combination (for example ctrl+C or ctrl+alt+del).

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remote desktop rdp full version has a picture of a mouse on screen, simply click on the right button of the mouse then tap on the windows item you wish to 'right click on'

The paid version also has a second keyboard with all function keys, windows key etc. Maybe I can post a screen grab.

You can shake the tablet to hide kb and mouse menu

If you already have itap, you do not need rdp. But so far I think remote desktop rdp paid version is a better value then itap- but you only need one or the other. Itap is nice, but overpriced IMHO. I can simply do what I want in rdp just as easy and half the cost.

BUT, I am not sure if rdp connects to windows servers with new encryption levels, so if you are I.T realize this.

Keep in mind I am a windows user.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 325
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts