What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Remote Desktop App

krytron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks newfmp3! I was gonna choose between iTap and RDP and your review the screen shots helped a lot :)

So Ctrl and Alt keys are toggled? It's good to have ctrlaltdel ;)

Rocktiludrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, thanks newfmp3 - I was waiting for a good side-by-side of the two - I'm using a free one now and want to at most only buy one remoting program!

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks newfmp3! I was gonna choose between iTap and RDP and your review the screen shots helped a lot :)

So Ctrl and Alt keys are toggled? It's good to have ctrlaltdel ;)

Yes ctrl and alt are toggles on both apps.

Last edited:

Sjm1027

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So do we have a hands down winner on the remote sofrware?
I am looking to get something very soon but not sure what.
Want to run XP and Windows 7 with my ipad??

Thanks

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally ruled out anything that required to install any client type software on my pc. But some versions of windows do not have RDP, so you might not have a choice.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn I've been reading these postings hoping there would be a consensus.....

Guess I'll need to wait for an authorative magazine review.
Oh, you mean a media outlet that is supported by advertising? That's sure to be objective!

Yep. At least with a magazine you know who's paying to advertise. With online reviews, or blogs you may be getting info from someone who only has one datapoint (but thinks he's an expert), or someone who works in the marketing department.

Print magazines at least have editors...

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy a Mac, true VNC protocol is built in to the OS.
I'm puzzled. Were you thinking PCs didn't come with a remote desktop protocol built in? My PC came two, one for remote control and one for screensharing.

VNC has to be installed. It's free but not as good as the RDP client.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone worked out how to get sound out of Logmein on the iPad.

Its not an option. Not sure why you would need this. Any type of video watching or flash gaming is not smooth.

I use it for remote administration work personally.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both rdp and itap got big updates this week. it's getting even harder to pick which one is better.

Last edited:

sergei_devicevm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New remote desktop app

Just want to let you guys know about the Splashtop Remote desktop app we just launched. It is in the app store now (search for "splashtop remote"). What makes it different is support for video and sound, so you can even play Flash games remotely! Hope you give it a try!

Most reactions

Latest posts