What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps for people in IT

johnnychimpo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome so what is the solution for remote desktop right click ?
Currently using bt stack keyboard and mouse is there anything better

Diginerd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTap RDP & iTap VNC are both expensive, but are by far the best remote desktop solutions out there.

Both support multi-touch: pinch zoom, two fingers held for zoom, two fingers tapped for right click, tap with a third to select a menu item, tap then tap and hold for dragging windows or items around, three finger swipe to swap sessions.

There are a bunch more too, but this will get you a long way.

I'm a network guy, and iSSH has changed my life. Again not the cheapest, but transparent keyboard rocks

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Diginerd said:
iTap RDP & iTap VNC are both expensive, but are by far the best remote desktop solutions out there.

Both support multi-touch: pinch zoom, two fingers held for zoom, two fingers tapped for right click, tap with a third to select a menu item, tap then tap and hold for dragging windows or items around, three finger swipe to swap sessions.

There are a bunch more too, but this will get you a long way.

I'm a network guy, and iSSH has changed my life. Again not the cheapest, but transparent keyboard rocks

------------------------

I am hopeful that this thread will be appropriate for this inquiry - at least there are some very informed professionals subscribed. Well here goes.

I am a retired guy in Canada. I use TeamViewer to remotely provide mac + pc coaching / support to a large number of retirees in several countries. Now many of my clients are purchasing iPads. Currently Skype is my only solution to work with from one to four persons (my own limit) simultaneously. I'm sure by now you can envision camera 2: my fixed (yes, duct tape) hi-res webcam 12" away from the iPad, providing my clients a shared view of the "how-to-demo". While it works, I really yearn for the shared remote desktop of the mac + pc versions of TeamViewer.

It seems to me that if a wired or wireless representation of my iPad can be projected onto a screen in my house, then the technology should be capable of handling the same for a screen 12000 Kms away. Does anyone have any knowledge of any other solution available at this time for iPad to iPad support? Does anyone have any knowledge of why TeamViewer can not yet provide this capability? Is there some reason why Apple would not wish to enable this capability? My success with coaching this boomer / zoomer population has certainly contributed to iPad sales.

Thanks for your thoughts on this post.

luda159

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an app to hide games nd certain apps in a locked folder without jailbreaking

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really like Jump Desktop for RDP use. It has been the easiest app for emulating the Windows desktop mouse and scrolling I've seem so far. It also has great keyboard emulation even with Bluetooth. I've used it since the early days of the first gen iPad. The speed is great for RDP, and I've been using RDP for years before the iPad was released. It also has VNC support, but I never use VNC and can't vouch for it.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I'm really liking this app I recently downloaded called AppZapp HD. Its a free app for sharing and discovering new apps.

I have added that apps from this thread into a collection I'm curating called "Apps for Techs". If you download the AppZapp HD app go to community, then select the People Tab, search for MikesTooLz. You should find me and be able to view the entire collection of apps for techs.

Send me a friend request if you like, this way I can see any new apps you guys are suggesting and add them to the collection.

Lobna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recommend also Meeting Minutes by youxel, I just downloaded it is great app

Most reactions

Latest posts