What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Desktop App

sunny day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Are you using it on the home network or away?
If away you need a Gmail address.
On the desktop open the Splashtop, go into settings , click experimental features, put in your Gmail address and give it a password.
Do the same thing on the Ipad.
Please post back with the results.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Home network

Reaction score
Is the Splashtop desktop giving you an IP address? I had to input mine manually on my iPad the first time. It worked fine after that
To do that I opened the Splashtop on the iPad, tapped the "+" in the upper left and copied the info my desktop streamer gave.
Let us know if that helps.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

sunny day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Is the Splashtop desktop giving you an IP address? I had to input mine manually on my iPad the first time. It worked fine after that
To do that I opened the Splashtop on the iPad, tapped the "+" in the upper left and copied the info my desktop streamer gave.
Let us know if that helps.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Can't remember what I did. That was several days ago but seems like I did. I will try again in the next day or so.

Reaction score
Ok. Post back if that doesn't work. Your firewall shouldn't be the problem.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

iforsakenu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sunny day said:
I had both but iPad still could not find my computer. I have Norton and did everything I could think of to the firewall and still didn't work.

You have to allow incoming remote connections via your network and sharing options through the control panel. Then go into your firewall and make an exception for splashtop to connect to your PC.

Most reactions

Latest posts