What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best remote desktop client for iPad?

Dragnerok_X

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With my brother getting an iPad today, I'm just curious what the best remote desktop client currently is, price being not a factor. I'm running Windows 7 Pro as well, so I can use my computer's remote desktop server software, if necessary. Low latency, low latency over network connections, sound, and fluid controls are pretty much the top priorities I'm looking for. What say you?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Just for a beginning suggestion, I'm using Splashtop Remote (Website HERE) - comes as an app for your mobile device plus a free download (Streamer) for your computer. Just starting to use the program, so not much experience yet - reviews were quite good. Others will likely 'chime in' w/ additional recommendations. Good luck on your choice(s) - :)

tglaze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used Splashtop and it works well. I also use TeamViewer. TeamViewer gives you the ability to remote from PC to PC. No sound though with TeamViewer.

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop and Teamviewer. Splashtop is easier to use on iPad but Teamviewer proved useful as backup when Splashtop On the PC wasn't working one time. Actually I used Teamviewer to get PC Splashtop working again! Larf.

pgscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For doing remote to a bunch of client computers, Logmein is outstanding. The app is pricey, but the ability to securely access either pcs or macs from the Ipad is priceless. And there is NO cost to the client, and NO cost to do remote control from your own laptop or PC or Mac

ricktm56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am wondering if there is anyone else with this issue. I had previously installed Logmein on my iPad2 and was using it successfully. After the iOS5 install, however, I find that the app has vanished! Going to the app purchased tab, it doesn't even show as purchased. It seems like I have to buy it again unless someone has another idea...

pgscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had several apps disappear, not just logmein ignition, sometimes doing the search (left swipe on the main menu screen) would find it. I just uninstalled, reinstalled. other times connecting to my desktop and syncing apps that way (after transferring purchases) worked to refresh the apps on the screen.

ricktm56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After going to iTunes support, it seems that the Logmein app was actually purchased under another user it that I had forgotten I had created. Kudos to the support tech who would not simply let it die with another purchased app, but it was her that actually suggested another user id. I gave her two that it could possibly be, one for my business and one for personal, and she found it on the business id! She then promptly refunded my money used to purchase the app the second time. Lesson learned....

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pgscott said:
For doing remote to a bunch of client computers, Logmein is outstanding. The app is pricey, but the ability to securely access either pcs or macs from the Ipad is priceless. And there is NO cost to the client, and NO cost to do remote control from your own laptop or PC or Mac

Hey ! Downloaded LogMein app, went to download the PC program from the logmein site and it could not be downloaded ! Anyone else had this happen, and if so how can it be done ?

UPDATE.

Searched for LogMein.msi, found another site, downloaded, installed, and IT WORKS.

Admittedly there are certain things that are difficult to do remotely, but overall a good app. Try it.

Last edited:

helix2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop seems to only work for me when I use my home Wifi. On any other WiFi it does not find my home system. Is that how it should work or is there a work around? I like the app when I am connected at home.

rickyaliasgar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try using logmeinrescue gosupportnow, GoToMyPC etc. remote support tools in order to remotely access your home computer. If you are able to access it from anywhere on any WiFi, issue lies with splashtop tool. Uninstall and reinstall it or contact splashtop technical support for further assistance.

Most reactions

Latest posts