What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Remote Desktop App

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
VNC is free to install on a PC, but multiplicity is not just VNC. With multiplicity, you can have 3 computers, one windows, one mac, and one Linux, each with their own monitor side-by-side and you can have one mouse move seamlessly between them all as though they were all 1 machine with 3 monitors. Its kind of cool, but I think only a few people would have a need for such a thing.

Last edited:

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its free to install on a PC, but multiplicity is not just VNC. With multiplicity, you can have 3 computers, one windows, one mac, and one Linux, each with their own monitor side-by-side and you can have one mouse move seamlessly between them all as though they were all 1 machine with 3 monitors. Its kind of cool, but I think only a few people would have a need for such a thing.

I do! :D

As I have my home PC monitor next to my work laptop and it's external LCD monitor. 3 screens all in a row.

The work I do it helps having 3 monitors, and also access to 2 different IP networks mapped to 2 different regions for testing stuff. My work laptop VPN's off somewhere to a different state and my home computer is my local area ISP.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can those of you using Logmein do a test or tell me if you can select text on the remote machine with the iPad client? It says you can move the mouse, so that makes me somewhat hopeful. The current RDP software I'm using does everything I need except this one thing. I dont want to pay $30 for something that gets me nothing. If Logmein will do it all, it would be worth the $30.

the_advisor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Working for a major public corporation I had to go with iTap RDP as it supports all the high end security protocols. It is pretty slow but useful. Cost like $12... It does work with XP Pro (which Desktop Connect /lite) does not and can work through a secure access tag and Novell. Not my first choice due to speed but it does the job.

Vnativo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LogMeIn or Jump?

So I am researching remote desktop clients. I have narrowed my search down LogMeIn or Jump for my iPad. This is what I am looking to accomplish:

Transfer select files to & from the iPad

Rocktiludrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to make everyone's decision harder but I just tried out the newly released TeamViewer HD Free and it is very impressive. Definitely worth a look, especially at this price point, assuming non-commercial use.

I've tried a few and I think I'll move over to it. I really don't like having to install a program on the computer (would rather it work with Remote Desktop) but it seems worth it with this.

Dan

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still deciding on which one to use.

Is there one that allows you to use change between using the screen as touch screen to touch pad? So you can touch what you want or change it too a large touchpad?

I already have Teamviewer installed on my computers, but I would like to be able to pick how to control so I can see what suits me better.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another vote for Team Viewer HD. I use LogMeIn on my computers, but I was reluctant to spend the $29.99 for the LogMeIn Ignition app. Now I don't have to! Unlike some other apps, I didn't have to "tweak" any of my firewall, router or security software settings to get it to work.

Most reactions

Latest posts