What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Remote Desktop App

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do any of the remote desktop apps out there have cut, copy, paste clipboard support? That would be really handy.

lilman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use LogMeIn for controlling pcs and VNC Viewer (the one from the people behind RealVNC) for everything else. They both work great, but LogMeIn provides a better experience. If LogMeIn had a Linux client I would use it instead of VNC Viewer.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know of an rdp client that adapts for left handed desktops?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Anyone know of an rdp client that adapts for left handed desktops?
Not sure what the differance would be when using remote desktop on the ipad.

Are you talking about when you switch the mouse buttons around if lefthanded.

if your using the WinAdmin iPad app tapping is the same as clicking, Press & Hold is for right click, double tap is double click, tap once and Hold to drag.

Dont thing it would make any differance what had you use since its all from one single finger.

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
I only have to remote into two different Mac's, but the LogMeIn client works great for me. Well worth the price of the app. Just install the free version on your PC / Mac and you are good to go. No monthly charges.

addingapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Desktop Connect

I switched from RDP Lite to Desktop Connect. RDP Lite is the free version and gets the job done but not very efficient.

Desktop Connect has a few extra keyboard layouts for function keys, arrows, pg up, etc. It also has a mouse button for right clicking. It allows you to control the cursor or use the touchpad for clicks. It also has Google sign in to control your pc from afar.

I've been happy with it and it doesn't break the bank.

Michelangelo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I switched from RDP Lite to Desktop Connect. RDP Lite is the free version and gets the job done but not very efficient.

Desktop Connect has a few extra keyboard layouts for function keys, arrows, pg up, etc. It also has a mouse button for right clicking. It allows you to control the cursor or use the touchpad for clicks. It also has Google sign in to control your pc from afar.

I've been happy with it and it doesn't break the bank.

Oh cool, and what about screen refresh rate? Is fast enough?
For example how many fps do you see (approximately) on the iPad screen if you play a video from remote?

PS. I expect that 15 fps refresh rate is just a good result

Michelangelo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying "Remote HD" with a host "Win7 Ultimate 32 bit" and it works great, exept for:

- Sometimes it never connect (rarely but it comes)
- Mouse Drag & drop is very difficult, almost impossibile
- Mouse double click is almost impossible
- Mouse right click is a bit difficult, but possible with few attempt

Wich remote apps works better in relationship of this issue?
iTeleport, Wormhole, Desktop connect, iTap, LogMeIn...

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave iteleport, desktop connect and realvnc (spent too much in search of a good vnc). Desktop connect is slow and basically useless. iTeleport is pretty good but lags s lot...but the discovery feature almost makes it worth it. Realvnc is fast, stable and has some great keyboards. So far realvnc is the cheapest of the lot at $10 and so far the best (they did invent vnc after all)...

bernilynn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does any of the apps mentioned here work with the iPad keyboard? I bought iTap RDP, but it only uses the onscreen keyboard, and for long sessions I've found the dock/keyboard is like using a computer.
Thanks?

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm having a difficult time finding a remote desktop app that does basic copying of text and pasting it. I was excited to see that WinAdmin has cut, copy, paste and right click, but there is no way to actually select text (at least not that I can find). Do any of these products have this capability? Its seems pretty basic, but it must be more complicated than it sounds. Its kind of annoying to have to buy these apps only to find out they dont actually do what you need. A few paragraphs from their marketing people and some reviews is generally not enough to know the details of what you are getting.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To copy and paste, you just have to copy the text on the PC, and it is automatically ready to paste on the iPad.

On windows, double-tap to highlight, two-finger-tap, then choose copy. Now that text is ready to be pasted in the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts