What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken 3.2.2? Post your details here for those of us who cant!

sqapg5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Feeling very very helpless after 12 hours of trying...

Really feeling so bad,tried all I could. All the beta 2,3,4 itunes10.1,iTunes running and not running. Restored clean 3.2.2. Timed 10 seconds even using a stopwatch.. Win xp, win7... But my 3G mc model just doesn't get it. My friends mb model wifi only just connected and first attempt!!! Wah la...happy man. So I am sure I am not doing the wrong thing. Coz my friends is working. Same computer,same method,same USB cable whatever u all can think.. Just different iPad.. Now someone says try the timing of holding the buttons. 10 seconds release, 9 seconds releases. I guess no point making myself an "angry bird" just got to wait till geohot solves the issue.. Some says mb model can't, some says mc can't, some says wifi can't, some says 3G can't.. But there seems to be lots of problem but not a really tested and proven solution for those whose jailbreak ends at the screen of connecting iPad to iTunes and no lime raindrops... For those who did it.. Congrats....

yanikeke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is my video showing that does not work. This is like the 100 time I tried to do it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2J4S4zRJUk[/ame]

sqapg5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is my video showing that does not work. This is like the 100 time I tried to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2J4S4zRJUk

I empathize with you yanikeke, seems like it's rather late and u r still trying. It's like what i have been doing since Sunday.. I guess as of now, there isn't any real solution. As much as I am glued to the Internet refreshing every 5 minutes for a glimpse of hope.. I guess Santa claus ain't coming early..

Hhowever I guess we can update each other should we find out something new. Give me an email or something that I can contact and hopefully we can try to help each other and help others too.

Cheers,

Aarontwwatgmail.com if you get it

iRule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OS = WIN7 Ultimate

model = MB294LL

Version = 3.2.2

never been JB and was successful on the first try,no problems.

WOOT !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Jamoru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
  • Model: MB292TY - iPad 16GB WiFi only
  • Version: 3.2.2 (7B500)

Last edited:

DrZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is what I find strange and it happens to me too. If I have mi ipad connected to my pc and I turn it off, it turns on again alone. I think that is why limera1n is not working for me.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is what I find strange and it happens to me too. If I have mi ipad connected to my pc and I turn it off, it turns on again alone. I think that is why limera1n is not working for me.

That is strange. I wonder if some sort of automatic syncing option in Itunes could be causing some problem. Perhaps you could try switching your Ipad to "Manually manage data" (sorry, can't remember the exact wording). I know that when I switch my Ipad off it stays off, connected to my PC or not.

Blowie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Model: MB294NF - iPad 64GB WiFi only
Version: 3.2.2 (7B500)

Won't go into recovery mode.

Installed iTunes 10, removed password lock. Put it in portrait mode. Now it did work.

Jailbroken now !!

Hazman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
  • Model: MC 496ZP - iPad 32GB 3G
  • Version: 3.2.2

F

frajeff91

• Model: MB294LL - iPad 64GB WiFi Only
Think I'm onto something though. When I plug my iPad into my computer, it AUTOMATICALLY turns on. And iTunes AUTOMATICALLY starts up, even though I've set iTunes to not start up when I plug the pad in. It pops up with constant annoying pop ups about detecting an iPad in recovery mode, even if I've already closed iTunes. I think that the fact that, if the iPad is plugged into a computer, it automatically turns on, is messing with the jailbreaking process. I've noticed that for the people doing it on youtube videos, you aren't constantly hearing the dings windows makes when a piece of hardware gets disconnected and reconnected, and mine does it CONSTANTLY. Have they changed a setting somewhere?

I'm going to try resetting the ipad to factory settings (after backing up, of course) and then doing it from a fresh clean boot.

sqapg5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
  • Model: MB294LL - iPad 64GB WiFi Only
Think I'm onto something though. When I plug my iPad into my computer, it AUTOMATICALLY turns on. And iTunes AUTOMATICALLY starts up, even though I've set iTunes to not start up when I plug the pad in. It pops up with constant annoying pop ups about detecting an iPad in recovery mode, even if I've already closed iTunes. I think that the fact that, if the iPad is plugged into a computer, it automatically turns on, is messing with the jailbreaking process. I've noticed that for the people doing it on youtube videos, you aren't constantly hearing the dings windows makes when a piece of hardware gets disconnected and reconnected, and mine does it CONSTANTLY. Have they changed a setting somewhere?

I'm going to try resetting the ipad to factory settings (after backing up, of course) and then doing it from a fresh clean boot.

keep us posted on your progress.. i just find it weird, why some can some can't could it be a hardware issue.. if two supposedly similar model and version one can and one can't what could really be the reason.. .

F

frajeff91

keep us posted on your progress.. i just find it weird, why some can some can't could it be a hardware issue.. if two supposedly similar model and version one can and one can't what could really be the reason.. .

No luck, but I'm almost positive that the issue is the automatic boot up when it's plugged in.
What seems to happen is that it goes into DFU mode, it turns off, turns back on, goes back into RECOVERY mode (instead of DFU mode) but limera1n didn't catch it, so limera1n THINKS it's exploiting, tells me everything went okay, but I've got an iPad just chilling in recovery mode.

Most reactions

Latest posts