What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken 3.2.2? Post your details here for those of us who cant!

KingDong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KingDong guide if it didnt work for you!

Ok Ive did alot of trying and research on this and will give you has worked for me.

Let me start by saying I use the beta rc2 as I tried the new one and didnt work for me after a restore to test out.

Ok let start -

Get this file - http://spyderdesignz.com/limera1n.rar (This my own webserver and stand by this file will not harm your computer or iPad, My information for the domain is public so you know who I am. This is the rc2 beta.)

Now Im on Win 7 32 bit with uac off, but really it shouldnt matter.

Unrar the file to your Desktop and then run the file by double clicking it.
plug your Ipad into your computer and if itunes comes up close it. Of course please make sure ipad is on!!

Now hit make it ra1n on limera1n. Now pay attention to the program and do what it says. When you see limera1n say it in dfu mode let go of the home button.

Now let it do its thing and a window will pop up saying it done and thx to comex for untethered.

You should see a big green tear drop then ipad turn off by itself. Let it no matter what turn off by itself.. be patient it will!

Now turn Ipad on and off again (yes i know but this is what worked for me).

Turn ipad on and you either see 2 things,limera1n icon but just looks white or icon looks fine. Now matter what go to next step.

Run limera1n on your ipad and install cydia it will respring and you wont see cydia icon!

Of course now turn off iPad and turn back on and you should see both icons and you ready to go!

Start up cydia and let it do its thing!

I hope this help out people as I did alot of testing and with the different version gehot has put out and this the best method that has worked on 4 different ipads now.

Now to answer some questions. Yes some of the ipad you right from the store with 3.2.2 on them..2 of them actually. The other 2 were upgraded by user before even knowing what jailbreaking and the benifits were about.

This method worked on all 4

Also those of you that have 3g I dont think this has the 3g fix so I wouldnt recommend using this.

I also think people are impatient so they turning the iPad off manually before it does it its self.

Also a really important step is make sure after it turns itself of you turn it on and off again! Then of course on and all should be ok.

Also if it doesnt work I say try one more time I had to do this once so far on a iPad.

.Good luck all and please tell if this worked for you!

Last edited:

delrahim69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the post king dong but it still didnt work. i still dont see the limera1n logo after DFU mode. it just stays on itunes logo and pulls up itunes with popup saying itunes has detected an ipad in recovery mode.

i always get the success message from limera1n saying its jailbroken but no logo or icon after reset.

i have tried 20+ times with same outcome. but after downloading your file and trying again my ipad is stuck with itunes logo. even after i reset it. so i have to restore it right??

i would say it it hasnt worked yet, it wont work. now i have to restore my ipad. im gonna wait til greenpoison is out.

Last edited:

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those still having problems, try this:

When you get to the part where you have to press the power and home buttons, follow this procedure instead and ignore the timing given to you by the limera1n app.

How to enter iPhone in DFU Mode | iPhone DFU Mode | iPhoneHeat

Make sure iTunes is open, and follow the instructions in the link precisely in terms of timing the button releases. power and home buttons for 10 seconds, and don't release the home button until you see the popup.

oror494

iPF Noob
Reaction score
32GB
Model: MB239LL
Version: 3.2.2 (7B500)
I was jailbroken on 3.2.1 without shsh and had cydia problams so idecided to update and now im stuck with a big usless 10" touch screen
this jailbreak suckss

Fish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So here is the issue

Ok so from all the forums and websites I have been searching, if your model number has "MB" in it you can't use limera1n to jailbreak. Sucks and hopefully geohot will fix this issue but I have given for now knowing I'm doing everything right and with no success. MC models work fine.

e39ng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Model: MB293LL
32GB WIFI only

I tried a few times but is not working on my couple weeks old Ipad with 3.2.2, it keeps showing "connect to itunes" screen....no green drop.
However, I deicided to try one last time using the 10secs DFU mode and it works!!! Here's what I did:
1) Just hold down the power and home button as Limera1n told you to
2) Count exactly 10 seconds and release the power button(just disregard what Limera1n told you to do)
3) keep holding the home button for exactly 10 more seconds and release.
4) The green drop should appear.

Last edited:

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Model: MB293LL
32GB WIFI only

I tried a few times but is not working on my couple weeks old Ipad with 3.2.2, it keeps showing "connect to itunes" screen....no green drop.
However, I deicided to try one last time using the 10secs DFU mode and it works!!! Here's what I did:
1) Just hold down the power and home button as Limera1n told you to
2) Count exactly 10 seconds and release the power button(just disregard what Limera1n told you to do)
3) keep holding the home button for exactly 10 more seconds and release.
4) The green drop should appear.

Congrats. Just as I suspected, people weren't putting the device into DFU mode correctly.

Kenney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Held both the power and home button exactly 10 seconds and after that only the home button exactly 10 seconds but still no juice. That was the 22th try :)

dapeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so from all the forums and websites I have been searching, if your model number has "MB" in it you can't use limera1n to jailbreak. Sucks and hopefully geohot will fix this issue but I have given for now knowing I'm doing everything right and with no success. MC models work fine.

That is rubbish.

I have a model MB294X
64g wifi
OS 3.2.2
Never been jail broken before.

It works!
Limera1n works.

sqapg5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this feeling... It's those with 3G and wifi can't get it to work. My friends wifi mb model works. On the same comp, same method my wifi 3G model doest work

Scrummie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this feeling... It's those with 3G and wifi can't get it to work. My friends wifi mb model works. On the same comp, same method my wifi 3G model doest work

Not true. My WIFI only version isnt working either.

Panther

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys.
I followed this video EXACTLY and it worked 1st time for me.
Hope this helps cos I know how frustrating it must be to some of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpCtEyh_Qcw

Good luck.

I followed this video exactly, pressing and releasing the buttons when he did. Limera1n and the iPad were showing the same things at exactly the same time... except mine never turns into a lime droplet, it just stays on the iTunes + USB cable image.

I see there's lots of people in the youtube comments with the same problem.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts