What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you've used the English utility, there are no traces of the reference by @pod2g and Saurik in any of the payloads and injections.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Off-set the idea of jailbreaking until the new build of Evasi0n is released to iron out the OTA issue and until the collaboration deal has been resolved. There's not much to do at the moment. Unless you want to start probing the OS core or begin developing/testing on A5+ devices, there's not much you can do outside of root access at the moment since packages are incompatible, MobileSubstrate has not had its new build released, and not all packages have begun beta testing for iOS 7.

ankith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know Evasi0n jus released IOS 7.X Untethered JailBreak!I download it then I try the first time!i forgot to disable my Passlock,so when done jailbreak until the last step it's Hang on a Apple Logo can't start!Then,I Recovery my iPad.Later turns new iPad so I dint set password!then I try jailbreak again it and everything seems okay but until the last step my iPad2 reboot & reboot again never finish then I Recovery again!Help Guys I want my iPad 2 Jailbreak!

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what I understand is, the only reason to lose current 6.x jailbreak and upgrade to 7.0x jailbreak would be to jailbreak before exploit is closed by apple, correct? If neither Cydia nor their apps work with 7, I can't see any other benefit.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not all developers have an iPhone 4, and developers are also looking to develop for ARM64 and test on A5 devices. Without a working jailbreak to allow root access, there's no way to test and develop on A5+ devices.

BartuHTC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 is stuck on Apple logo too. Any help?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am confused. Some say to go along with it and jailbreak. Others saying wait and dont try it now. Should we be holding down for a confirmation from pod2g and guys?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A lot of users are having issues while jailbreaking, some users do not have issues while jailbreaking. The best choice would be to wait until a new build of Evasi0n7 is released that resolves the procedural issues.

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of users are having issues while jailbreaking, some users do not have issues while jailbreaking. The best choice would be to wait until a new build of Evasi0n7 is released that resolves the procedural issues.

Not to mention that a majority of tweaks do not work with the new jailbreak. Most blogs and twitter threads with saurik and pod2g would suggest that if you have a working 6.x jailbreak that has tweaks you can't do without, wait until Evasi0n7 is updated. Heck, even Saurik (the Cydia guy) said that the release surprised him and he had no warning or time to test it or release an updated Cydia with working tweaks.

So, I'm going to wait as I can't do without my tweaks, i.e. BTstack or 5 row kb to name a couple. However, it looks like great news is just around the corner. Merry Christmas!

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apparently there is a patched version released. It removes the chinese store TAIG and has just cydia packaged. In effect its a clean install

Last edited by a moderator:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The 6.1.3-6.1.5 package will be arriving soon for those that're still on iOS 6 and waiting for an untethered and aren't up for the iOS 7 jailbreak. The pre-A5 package has been released in the form of "p0sixspwn" in Cydia. A5+ devices will have to wait another few days

Most reactions

Latest posts