What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS7: JailBreak Status Thread (Official)

oregonmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
evad3rs 7.0x Jailbreak

Came across this will test and let everyone know if it works

Moderator edit: Removed link to fake jail break video.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To all:

Please do not post links to dodgy videos purporting jail breaks. If, IF (!), there is a real jail break, we will post the information in the first post to this thread.

Thanks.

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not trying to rustle any feathers here this early just yet, but iOS 7.1 MAY potentially patch one of the exploits necessary for iOS 7's inevitable release. How Apple's stumbled upon it is not certain as of yet. I'll see if I can back @iH8Sn0w's word on mobilebackup2 being patched when I get the chance. We'll need @MuscleNerd to verify as he's the major securities member of @Evad3rs as he's always on top of the security changes in iOS 7 releases, but just a heads-up so the recoil of it being true won't be a KO for users that are experiencing issues on iOS 7.0.3/7.0.4 such as battery drain and other misc issues. Will keep the situation updated.

QGbRdgJ.png

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Application is legitimate.

iOS 7 JAILBREAK IS A GO

Those on iOS 6.1.3-6.1.5, expect the untethered package to be up on Cydia by tonight

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

Evasi0n7 has been released by @Evad3rs, available for iOS 7.0-7.0.4 as well as the current build of iOS 7.1 beta.

ONLY download the utility from iPhone/iPadForums, reputable sites that re-link, or directly from evasi0n iOS 7.x Jailbreak - official website of the evad3rs

Dicussion of Evasi0n7. GO!

EDIT1: Remember that next to nothing in Cydia is compatible with your device at this moment unless you're beta testing for developers.

EDIT2: iPhone 5S, iPad Mini w/ RD and iPad Air users are advised to stay clear of applications at this point until MobileSubstrate supports ARM64. There will be an update to the untethered package to support a new Cydia and MobileSubstrate build soon.

Q&A

Q: What iOS and device version does Evasi0n7 work for?

A: Evasi0n7 solely works for iOS 7.0 - 7.0.4 full releases at this time.

Q: Can I jailbreak my iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch X on iOS 7 using this?

A: Yes....

Q: Before jailbreaking, what precaution should I take?

A: Remove your passcode/restrictions lock, and turn off your TouchID if applicable before jailbreaking. If your device was upgraded from iOS 6 to iOS 7 via OTA (Settings app on your device), make sure you perform a fresh restore of your device prior to jailbreaking!!!

Q: My jailbreak was successful, but after the process was completed, on rebooting, my screen is flickering or not working. What happened?

A: Do NOT do anything using iTunes or the device directly while jailbreaking. As Evasi0n for iOS 6 and the new Evasi0n for iOS 7 explicitly states, do not touch the device and essentially do not do anything while the process is occurring.

Q: I'm stuck on X procedure during the jailbreak process. What do I do?

A: Remove your security code lock, and restrictions if applicable. Perform a hard reset of your device by holding the power and home button together until you see the Apple logo (or Evasi0n logo depending on step if applicable) and release both buttons. If you were in the middle of the process, and the boot did not show an Evasi0n logo, you can safely re-run the Evasi0n7 utility once again and re-jailbreak afresh. The previous injections will be removed and you will start again.

Q: My device is still stuck during/after the jailbreak process. What's the fix?

A: Make sure you're using the most updated version of Evasi0n7. If you're still stuck after a hard reset, restore afresh and retry. CAUTION: Make sure you're aware of the latest version of iOS being signed. Do NOT openly restore without checking what the latest iOS is as it may or may not be supported by Evasi0n 7.

Q: What are the risks of using Evasi0n7?

A: None that's substantial, everything has a risk, in this case, it's infinitesimal and is the same as any utility previously released. Possible loss of data because of the shifting and injection of data while jailbreaking. As stated by every jailbreak tool in history, ALWAYS backup your device prior to jailbreaking as a precaution.

Q: How come <insert tweak> does not work?

A: It's not updated for iOS 7 support or if it's universally supported, a pre-requisite is not updated for iOS 7 support.

Last edited:
OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Updated the first post to say:

There seems to be an issue with the jail break tool - there is a LOT of confusion over its validity, whether the jail break circumvents some legal (piracy) issues or even what is inside the specific coding (that we don't know about).

Please, if you can, hold off for a bit until we can get some more details on this jail break.

At the moment, we cannot, in good consciousness, recommend this jail break.

Stand by for updates.

Marilyn

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To add on a little, users are advised to only run Evasi0n on an English locale. Problems arising from running the Chinese version of Evasi0n (on a Chinese locale) will result in many issues with the device itself, not just Cydia.

bifftaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, There seems to be a little s**tstorm going on at Twitter between Saurik & Pod2g about this...

So you would recommend on going back to stock until this gets sorted out ? Already Jail broken with this..

Last edited:
OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the biggest issues concerns MobileSubstrate and Cydia. Jay Freeman, aka saurik (the owner of Cydia) has stated he has no idea how Mobile Substrate will work with the iOS 7 jail break. So, any tweak that uses MobileSubstrate may seriously break your jail break. As in, you don't even want to install them.

In addition, saurik has said he has not built an iOS 7 Cydia; what gets installed on the jail break is not something he has even been able to check to see what will/will not work.

He asks for patience while he figures things out.

So, given all that - I can tell you that, despite how much I want to, I am not jail breaking my device(s) at this time.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts