What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried two different apps (not the Music app) with and without passcode, and the music continued playing in spite of the autolock settings.

So maybe it's the app you're using (mine were Dropbox and Amazon Music), or there's a glitch somewhere. Try the usual troubleshooting fixes when something is not behaving as expected: restarting, resetting, force closing apps.

Restart: turn off your iPad, turn it on again.

Reset (won't remove settings or data onyour device): press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.

Force close apps: either double tap Home button or perform a four/five finger swipe upwards to reveal the multitask bar (you'll see the app icons below the thumbnails of the apps). Swipe the thumbnails towards the top of the screen to remove apps from there.

Last edited:

Poppilicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great stuff JA .. ur deffo living up to ur accreditation of J.A . aka IPAD LEGEND!!!!:)
Thank you!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My pleasure, hope it helps.

Legend is the title you get after 10000 posts in iPF. :) So you see that I'm posting quite a lot. :oops:

Poppilicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My pleasure, hope it helps.

Legend is the title you get after 10000 posts in iPF. :) So you see that I'm posting quite a lot. :oops:

Haha!:).. Well as I'm a newbie and I'm fortunate to have crossed cyber paths with you.. ur defintely MY legend!!!!....... (keep the advice rolling in !!!);)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to the forum! I see you already met the brains of the forum! Or Legend? Same thing!

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

CBeck113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a "semi-converted" Apple user and have recently taken the plunge & bought my wife an iPad Air, for which I am effectively the Admin :). I'm here in case my knowledge reaches its limit - which will probably happen often and quickly. Primarily she uses it for the normal stuff - FB, browsing, cooking - but she also has a very small café, and I had the idea to have a Point of Sale / cash register app for her, but since she's so small I want everything to be local. I'll do some searching and, if I don't find the answer I'm looking for, will start an extra thread. Thanks!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm a "semi-converted" Apple user and have recently taken the plunge & bought my wife an iPad Air, for which I am effectively the Admin :). I'm here in case my knowledge reaches its limit - which will probably happen often and quickly. Primarily she uses it for the normal stuff - FB, browsing, cooking - but she also has a very small café, and I had the idea to have a Point of Sale / cash register app for her, but since she's so small I want everything to be local. I'll do some searching and, if I don't find the answer I'm looking for, will start an extra thread. Thanks!

Welcome CBeck113...Hope you find your stay here enjoyable. :)

Please take a moment to review the Forum rules for posting guidelines: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Skimonkey ~

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi to all and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

lendavid7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi admin, hi all. my name is len. and im a web designer. all my gadgets are from apple. my best gadget is my macbook pro. cause its not prone to viruses:) i love different apps for ipad and iphone:)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi admin, hi all. my name is len. and im a web designer. all my gadgets are from apple. my best gadget is my macbook pro. cause its not prone to viruses:) i love different apps for ipad and iphone:)

Hi Lendavid...welcome to the forum and very happy you joined! We have a very friendly group of people here. Enjoy your stay! :)

Skimonkey ~

Most reactions

Latest posts