What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

SILVIA´S IPAD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I´m Silvia ( as you imagined) and I live in Argentine Patagonia, in the very little point at the end of the continent. And my IPAD folowed me here!
I bought it in a trip to Spain (2010) when it just came out, and I have an Ipad 1 16g wifi version . Now I´m wondering why I didnt wait a little to get the 2 version, camera and all......But all the same I´m a fanatic of my thing.
I mostly use it for reading books in spanish which I get ( free) and enjoy very much.
In my city, Rio Gallegos, there are only 2 bookstores and not very complete. I love mystery and detective books . I download handcrafts patterns too, and knitt whith my little companion
Please forgive my english, I hope you can understand it.
Well, now I´m trying to get on whith Docs to go, in order of working on an excell document where I have my telephone directory, I have to update it. Originally it was on a Palm ( do you remember?) that litte device which I loved came out of ciberspace.
I´m having difficulties on the Docs and looking for a good manual.....Loaded down some and going to read them.
My other topic is how does the cloud work and how can I use it........
You see, Its a bit hard for me to understand everything in english, but, all the way I remember with gratfullnes of my mother who sent me to english school.
Hope to hear from you.......best wishes and hugs for all...Silvia
( did I tell you I´m an architect and a grandmother?)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Silvia, great introduction! :) Welcome to iPF!

I hope I can help a bit with iCloud.
At the moment, it's used to sync files from iWork apps (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) between devices, backup the iPad, sync Safari bookmarks, store login information (Keychain), stream Photos to other devices, sync contacts and calendar events, and to find the device in case it gets lost or stolen. It doesn't really work like usual cloud storage, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, ...
There are rumors that this will change with iOS 8 in fall.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Website
www.digitalmagazineapps.com
Hi! am Sandeep Raj Gautam working with a reputed Digital Publishing Agency. We are one of the well established digital publication solution providers. We take care of all the requirements for online publications including converting PDFs into flip book and to publish books and magazines onto a variety of devices like Tablet, iPad and iPhone and many others.

Hatstead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new here. I have an ipad mini. For the past couple of days the ding on new e-mail arrival, keyboard clicks, and the sound associated with plugging in the cord for recharging are all silent. How can I get this back. Music, from Spotify, for example, is loud and clear.

Moderator edit...removed external links! Please read the forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new here. I have an ipad mini. For the past couple of days the ding on new e-mail arrival, keyboard clicks, and the sound associated with plugging in the cord for recharging are all silent. How can I get this back. Music, from Spotify, for example, is loud and clear.
This sounds like you muted system sounds.

If you selected "Mute" in Settings - General - Use Side Switch to, then toggle the switch (next to the volume buttons) to the other side.

If you chose "Lock Rotation" there, open Control Center. If you see this:
image.jpg

then it's muted. Tap the bell in the circle to enable these sounds again.

Titchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, just wanted to say Hi! I have an iPad mini that I'm still getting used to, so im really looking forward to learning new tricks. Thanks everyone

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, just wanted to say Hi! I have an iPad mini that I'm still getting used to, so im really looking forward to learning new tricks. Thanks everyone
Welcome to iPad Forums, Titchy! Many of our members also own the iPad mini and would be willing to help with any questions or problems you may have.

Alvis1965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone:) best app for singers doing live shows I am looking for something that will play each track and then play the next song with a slight delay

Cartha58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had an iPad for two years because of failing eyesight. However, I'm having numerous issues with my iPad including not being able to download the book I was advised to ! I'm hoping to connect with people who might be able to help.
I'm struggling to do searches and reading with my eyesight not being so great so bare with me as I struggle along. I hope I do things right!

bkool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

New user here ... I have iPad Air, just installed iOS 8.
I have developed a board game for iPad, is it ok to post details about it?

Thanks!

Pusscat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
prospective ipad newbie here. Waiting for mini 3 before the plunge. Hoping to use it for mainly surfing and travel.

dasipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My name is Dale.....just got around to signing up in the iPad Forum ---been on the iPhone Forum awhile now.....
Anxiously awaiting the arrival of the iPad Air 2.....my iPad2 is in pristine condition, but I'm looking to move "onward and upward" with technology!!:D

Most reactions