What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you are new, please post an introduction thread.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, My name is Thomas.
Hello Thomas,

Welcome to the iPad forums, the largest and best iPad forum anywhere, with over 314,000 members worldwide. Many of our membership volunteer their time to help their fellow members with answers to their questions and solutions to their problems. If a search of the forums doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to post your question in the appropriate forum.
We also have this tutorial to help you get full use from the iPad forums app. http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html
We ask that all members take the time to review the Forum rules before posting.

Reaction score
Hai Friends
I'm Ramesh from Malaysia
I'm New to this Forum and also to Apple Family...
Im so excited to have my Ipad tomorrow morning.
Im really happy to see this forum and useful threads..
Will definitely share my experience soon..

Poppilicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPadForums.net community prides itself on being a friendly community geared towards learning all we can about the Apple iPad. To do this we like to promote a positive and professional atmosphere where people are not afraid to ask questions.

The only dumb question is the one unasked, so even if you are at the very beginner level you will find that we are here to assist and share knowledge together.

Please start an introduction thread in this section by clicking the "New Thread" button which looks like this:

We've made the above links automatically for your assistance to make it easier to get your first thread started.

Tell us a bit about yourself, for example:

• Why are you interested in the iPad?
  • What are your hobbies?
  • What other gadgets are you using?

This will help us to better answer your questions as we will have a rough gauge as to your knowledge level.

Thanks for participating and we hope to see you back on the site on a regular basis!
The iPadForums.net community prides itself on being a friendly community geared towards learning all we can about the Apple iPad. To do this we like to promote a positive and professional atmosphere where people are not afraid to ask questions.

The only dumb question is the one unasked, so even if you are at the very beginner level you will find that we are here to assist and share knowledge together.

Please start an introduction thread in this section by clicking the "New Thread" button which looks like this:

We've made the above links automatically for your assistance to make it easier to get your first thread started.

Tell us a bit about yourself, for example:

• Why are you interested in the iPad?
  • What are your hobbies?
  • What other gadgets are you using?

This will help us to better answer your questions as we will have a rough gauge as to your knowledge level.

Thanks for participating and we hope to see you back on the site on a regular basis!

Hi All!!!

I am a newbie as I just purchased an IPAD AIR and am trying to climatise myself with all that the IPAD can do... I am not an Apple user before although I own an Apple IPOD... bought the IPAD to get myself ' tech savvy' and as a teacher- I know its a fantastic tool!...A question to you - can you download whats app and Viber on it?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All!!!

I am a newbie as I just purchased an IPAD AIR and am trying to climatise myself with all that the IPAD can do... I am not an Apple user before although I own an Apple IPOD... bought the IPAD to get myself ' tech savvy' and as a teacher- I know its a fantastic tool!...A question to you - can you download whats app and Viber on it?
Hi, welcome to iPF!

It's possible to download Viber on your iPad. It's an iPhone app, but you can install it on your iPad as well. It's not fully optimized for your device, though. Here's the link to the (US) App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/viber/id382617920?mt=8

Here's a link to a thread that will tell you how to get Whatsapp to your device: http://www.ipadforums.net/posts/1067664/

Hope that helps.

Poppilicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Sooo much JA!! Prompt response which is appreciated! I have noticed that many apps offer' For Ipad' but when I open them- they are like a guide for the app- not the actual app...Thanks for the links .. will access them now ! Cheers x

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll find the apps in App Store. That's a built in app, like Safari, Mail, ... When you open it, you'll find tabs at the bottom. Just play around to get familiar with it. The App Store is the place to download apps, update them (Update tab), take a look at your purchased apps (Purchased tab) and search for apps.

If you searched for apps in Safari, you can't download them there.

As you're new to iPads and Apple, I'll include a website link to the iPad User Guide. It's quite useful to get to know your device: http://help.apple.com/ipad/7/

I'm glad I could help a bit.:)

Poppilicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll find the apps in App Store. That's a built in app, like Safari, Mail, ... When you open it, you'll find tabs at the bottom. Just play around to get familiar with it. The App Store is the place to download apps, update them (Update tab), take a look at your purchased apps (Purchased tab) and search for apps.

If you searched for apps in Safari, you can't download them there.

As you're new to iPads and Apple, I'll include a website link to the iPad User Guide. It's quite useful to get to know your device: http://help.apple.com/ipad/7/

I'm glad I could help a bit.:)

Ohh thank you JA but the link about Whats app- well Ive tried to find whats app in my Itunes search and nothing comes up .... Ur right - I have a lot of playing around to do as its all new to me!!!!....Ive come to think of Safari as a web search ... as thats where I go to acess the WWW....I was on this site yesterday too....will look again.. really appreciate the advice hun! Cheers

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ohh thank you JA but the link about Whats app- well Ive tried to find whats app in my Itunes search and nothing comes up .... Ur right - I have a lot of playing around to do as its all new to me!!!!....Ive come to think of Safari as a web search ... as thats where I go to acess the WWW....I was on this site yesterday too....will look again.. really appreciate the advice hun! Cheers

Sorry, but the Whatsapp app is only for the iPhone. It won't work on the stock ipad. And, the developers have stated [on their website ... and in the app description, I believe] that they aren't working on support for the iPad (full-size or Mini).

Marilyn

Poppilicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, but the Whatsapp app is only for the iPhone. It won't work on the stock ipad. And, the developers have stated [on their website ... and in the app description, I believe] that they aren't working on support for the iPad (full-size or Mini).

Marilyn
Thank you Marilyn ... Ive tried but ur right - Whats App wont even feature in the Search...This must be the same for Viber too...

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot that you don't have an iPhone, so the link for the installation of Whatsapp isn't of any use to you.

But the link to Viber should work. When you're using your iPad, tap the link I provided, and you should be directed to the App Store, where you'll be able to download it.

Poppilicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot that you don't have an iPhone, so the link for the installation of Whatsapp isn't of any use to you.

But the link to Viber should work. When you're using your iPad, tap the link I provided, and you should be directed to the App Store, where you'll be able to download it.
Yes JA ur right - I dont have the Iphone...Ill try ur method and get Viber..Will keep u posted! Many thanks!

Poppilicious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all its me again.. Can I ask faithful Ipad users. when u listen to audio thats been downloaded on an app and I have my ipad stood up landscape, doe sthe audio automatically fade out after about 5 minutes and then you have to enter ur password again for it to resume playing?....this is what its doing to me.. I'm sure its just a matter of adjusting the settings?.... comments/advice appreciated!

Most reactions

Latest posts