What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Use TinyCFW to restore 4.3.3 on iPad2 3G with saved SHSH Blobs

mohdhizami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got stuck making custom firmware any suggestions

WARNING: Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended.
Dec 19, 2011 12:43:47 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase getResponseBody
WARNING: Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended.
Exception in thread "Thread-5" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at com.semaphore.util.FileUtil.readRawJar(FileUtil.java:419)
at com.semaphore.util.FileUtil.readRawJar(FileUtil.java:396)
at com.semaphore.TinyCFW.handleSaveCustomIpsw(TinyCFW.java:216)
at com.semaphore.TinyCFW.access$600(TinyCFW.java:33)
at com.semaphore.TinyCFW$2$1.run(TinyCFW.java:96)

kenfui0131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got stuck making custom firmware too...any can help please??i waiting 1 hour++ still stuck..

camshaft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is stuck also. I tried both the exe and the jar file. Both get me to the "Save Target IPSW" but just hangs there for hours...

Any help would be appreciated. Win 7 64. Latest Java. Tinyumbrella saved everything based on following the tutorial.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
camshaft said:
Mine is stuck also. I tried both the exe and the jar file. Both get me to the "Save Target IPSW" but just hangs there for hours...

Any help would be appreciated. Win 7 64. Latest Java. Tinyumbrella saved everything based on following the tutorial.

Are you using the 64bit version 7 update 2 of Java? It MUST be 64 bit to match your OS from what folks have said (you may have 32bit by default)

camshaft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the 64bit version 7 update 2 of Java? It MUST be 64 bit to match your OS from what folks have said (you may have 32bit by default)

Thank you for the possible fix. I did have a 32 bit version. Updated to 64 bit version 7 and still no luck.

mohdhizami

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hai guy... i have download IPSW iOS4.3.3 baseband 04.11.08 and it work for my ipad2 3g wifi.. you all can download here -
Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Hacking Section Rules. No external links to download sites allowed.
i hope this can help you all

Last edited by a moderator:

nth271081

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't create IPSW custom too >< it take 1 hours and no happen with CFW >< have any help ?

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For everyone's information, it is NOT legal to publicly distribute custom firmwares made with this tool, which is why the link has been removed.

There should also be no open requests or offers to supply the files on the forums.

The tool should work fine if you CORRECTLY configure your PC. Also note the NEW version of redsn0w contains this functionality too and does not have any of the challenging resource constraints associated with TinyCFW.

You have been warned! :)

alfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just to add you must use the latest TinyCFW to downgrade. I initially used version 5.9 something and it didnt work. I upgraded to 5.10.01 and it worked. Thanks guys!

nihao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a newbee and I have an ipad 2 3g GSM 32g but my ios is 4.3.5 and I just save the SHSH blob this week which is 5.0.1 and 5.1:confused:

Should I update first to IOS 5.0 to downgrade to IOS 4.3.3? I don't what route should I take. Please, I need some help and info. Thank you so much.:)

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
nihao said:
I'm a newbee and I have an ipad 2 3g GSM 32g but my ios is 4.3.5 and I just save the SHSH blob this week which is 5.0.1 and 5.1:confused:

Should I update first to IOS 5.0 to downgrade to IOS 4.3.3? I don't what route should I take. Please, I need some help and info. Thank you so much.:)

You can't go to 4.3.3 as you won't have blobs for the version and you cannot get them now, sorry. Your best option is to update to 5.0.1 and wait patiently.

jychan28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First I like to tell everyone one that I finally get my bricken iPad 2 3G 64G restored back to 4.3.3 from 5.0.1 and re-jailboken again. (I had the 4.3.3 SHSH saved).

Wi-fi version is a better version than 3G version if you need to jailbreak you iPad2 machine. It is better to jailbreak your iPhone4 and run it as a hot-spot to your non-jailbroken Wifi iPad2.

Here is what I gathered what was going on after I spend countless hours and few nights in trying to restore my 3G iPad2.

I had the 4.3.3 SHSH blob saved before so I thought restoring it should be very easy and straightforward but I was surprised.

Background: Cydia on my jailbroken 4.3.3 iPad2 suddenly won't open and other related jailbroken software seemed not working so I decided to re-jailbreak it. I opened up a cann of worms.

Jailbreakme.com failed to re-jailbreak it. I complained something wrong and if needed email him for help. I did email him but not response.
The second time I emailed him I also told him I have donated him twice for jailbreaking my iPad 2 and iPhone 4. But he didn't response either.

I ran Tinyumbrella and start TSS and open iTunes and do Click Restore and point it to the .ipsw file which downloaded from so call "Apple official site".

The machine restored half way and came up with an error 9 and the USB symbol for restore mode appeared from then on.
Listen to Apple website, I started another PC, move the software and data over, and ran Tinyumbralla, it complained needed to "kill PID 4" before start TSS Server, but PID 4 couldn't be killed due to Access Denied and few hours spent on fixing that. Same result, error 9 after a few hours repeated efforts, same results.

Come upon this TinyCFW. It need to run JAVA to create the custom .ipsw file.

Had a little problem started to get the software going but after hours waiting for the program start to write the .bbupdate file, I gave up.
Two machines did the same, unending writing loop. Trying to upgrade to 64-bit JAVA 7 but ran into problem that the pointer is not pointed to the JVM. Never got that working, gave up.

Finally from one of the link in this website download the .bbupdate.ispw file from hotfile.com server. So I thought everything should be fine and start the restore but again it gave the same error 9 during iPad firmware restore, same spot.

So I gave up and let iTune upgraded my iPad 2 to OS 5.0.1. It didn't work first time then I download the file .ipsw and do manual shift restore but no need to do DFU mode.
The upgrade was successful. I played with the iCloud and split keyboards but I just felt awful that after so many hours of work but failed.

I decided to try it one more time or I will give it away and go back to use my non3G iPAD.

Every procedure is the same, I didn't bother to turn off firewall or anti-Virus problem and I just did it. It worked. The downgrade from 5.0.1 to 4.3.3 was successful.

There are two things I think that Apple server signs when restoring: the OS version and the Modem version. Tinyumbrella only take care the OS but not the modem version.

I am too tire to go back to redo everything with the original .ispw see if that will work too. I was using the .bbupdate.ispw before even think about the original .spw.

My email is [Moderator edit: No e-mail addresses, please. Read our rules.] if someone ran into similar problem and really need to restore back to 4.3.3 and desperate. I won't answer trivial question.
For all that time I spent on doing this, I wondered if it worths it to jailbreak the machine and suffered. Just wait for a nice Andorid pad and gave these Apples to some gals or Apple fans.
Real Men don't summit to Apple Fascism and don't buy Apples.

The sad thing is I went out and bought a Sony Tablet S, the charger is from stone age, battery life maybe 1/4 of iPAD. BTW, iPAD2 battery life is far from iPAD 1.
Samsung PAD just like Apple's you don't see a USB port or expansion card slot. All I can say is Apple is just lucky!

[Please, watch your language. This is a family friendly forum. And no, putting asterisks in does not make it okay. Thank you.]
-

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts