What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum's New look...seems to crash on PC

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the "new" forum look. Seems like the text is lighter and somewhat harder to read. Also, when clicking onto a post, it is telling me that it is an error and must reload.

Anything new happening with the website right now? :confused:

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are looking into that problem now.

We'll see what we can do about the font size / font color.

Has anyone else noticed the "new" forum look. Seems like the text is lighter and somewhat harder to read. Also, when clicking onto a post, it is telling me that it is an error and must reload.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for both of your responses, I will wait and try later!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes it is harder to read,I had to log into even tho I have "remember me" ticked,haven't lookedn my mbp yet.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We should have the crashing issues fixed. We've also made the font darker so it is easier to read. We did have to reset and upgrade the entire site, so having to log back in was an unfortunate but necessary thing :(

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It does seem darker the font--but size is smaller. The look is very clean. I am not having the crash anymore! Thank you!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that's better,no problem about Logging in,was fine this time,does look nice.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is def smaller.:(

We didn't reduce the font size, just made it darker. We did reduce the font size of the usernames, but that's it... It's using 12 pixel fonts right now. We can go up to 13.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what OS you are running and resolution of the video cards on older PC's All macs have high resolution displays I will check out the sites on a couple of older PC computers I have at work The fonts look great on the iPad same as Appleforums.net as far as I can tell.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We didn't reduce the font size, just made it darker. We did reduce the font size of the usernames, but that's it... It's using 12 pixel fonts right now. We can go up to 13.

Everything here is fine, but when I go to Active Topics, everything is so very small. That is the only page. I am on my computer, I don't use the app, and I am not sure what it will look like when I get on the ipad.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Everything here is fine, but when I go to Active Topics, everything is so very small. That is the only page. I am on my computer, I don't use the app, and I am not sure what it will look like when I get on the ipad.

SweetPoison-that's where I noticed the font size issue was on my pc...with a 19inch screen. Maybe going 1 size up might be better as suggested earlier.

apple2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Seems hard for me to get used to the new look by now.
While hope all will be better a little later..

Most reactions

Latest posts