What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 - Photo Library Crashing (4.3.5 software)

SamLeeC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I updated my software to 4.3.5 two days ago and I'm confident that this seems to be when I started having a problem with my iPad 2.

I frequently use photo editing programs and instagram. I am having intermittent issues with the photos I email to myself not saving in the photo library at all, or if they do, it crashes the photo library and it has to reload.

I also am having issues where I edit a photo from the library and go to save it the it says the "write / saving failed" and then the library crashes again.

I have had the iPad wiped clean twice now and Apple is giving me a new replacement iPad, but I'm concerned this is more of a glitch in the new software than anything. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

I'm just getting sick of reloading my entire iPad and having the same thing happen, and if I move forward with swapping it out I love my engraving on the back :( and will be really upset to lose that and on top of that have this same problem again after I get it home and really start putting it through the ringer and testing it fully.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have not done so, do a reset.

Also, if you should make sure all your photo editing apps are updated. 4.3.5 has been out long enough that if they had incompatibilities the developers should have addressed them by now.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Most reactions