What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem With Apps Crashing Under 4.3.2

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed an increased number of crashes on browser apps since upgrading to 4.3.2+? I have used icab almost exclusively since getting my iPad last year and rarely if ever would it crash. Now it get multiple crashes a day on it and on other apps that are dependant upon webkit. I was looking into it earlier and found a forum post (not here) that quoted an email from icabs developer that suggested changes were made to webkit in 4.3+ that have seemed to make it unstable, and that 4.3+ needs more memory for itself, or something to that effect. Just wondering what others experiences with this issue are and if downgrading back to 4.2.1 is the answer...for the time being at least.

Reaction score
While I don't use icab myself, there are sometimes crash issues with certain apps, after updating iOS. I had a similar issue with AlarmClock Pro and after contacting the developers, they mentioned that uninstalling the app and then installing if fresh would solve the issue.

Not sure, if icab has a backup feature, but if it does, reinstalling the app may be helpful.

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the thing is it isn't just icab, seems anything that has a web browser is affected. Absolutely horrible is the infoweapon app....when I browse news stories on there, it crashes eventually everytime I open it. I would have saved the link to the page that said anything that uses the webkitui seems to crash more often now, but it crashed while I was reading it. lol I never use safari, so I don't know if it affected or not.

midiexpert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Munky said:
Has anyone else noticed an increased number of crashes on browser apps since upgrading to 4.3.2+? I have used icab almost exclusively since getting my iPad last year and rarely if ever would it crash. Now it get multiple crashes a day on it and on other apps that are dependant upon webkit. I was looking into it earlier and found a forum post (not here) that quoted an email from icabs developer that suggested changes were made to webkit in 4.3+ that have seemed to make it unstable, and that 4.3+ needs more memory for itself, or something to that effect. Just wondering what others experiences with this issue are and if downgrading back to 4.2.1 is the answer...for the time being at least.

Yes, yes, and yes, all browsers I use on my iPad are crashing all the time recently. I'm assuming it's part of the 4.3 update, although I have noticed it's becoming a real problem over the past couple of weeks. I use perfect browser, safari, icab, and others, they are all crashing frequently. It also happens when accessing Articles via site, reeder, pulse, and other rss feeds that access web content. Imwas beginning

To think it was just my iPad (original which I've had since it was released last year), and its extremely frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I'm just going to downgrade back to 4.2.1 until this issue is fixed, since it doesn't seem to be just me.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't heard of this being a widespread problem guys. With 20+ million iPads out there if there was a browser bug in 4.3.x there would probably be quite a bit more publicity of it.
Not saying you don't have an issue, but in these sorts of situations, a restore often fixes things.

Most reactions

Latest posts